• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

I, Robot is better then Spiderman 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Insertia

Weird, I know.

I was seeing Spiderman 2 for the second time with a friend that hasn't seen it yet. We got there an hour early, so we went into I,Robot to kill time. I fully expected I,Robot to be shit, the name alone makes the movies appear lame, and the whole evil robot thing didn't help it's image either. But all in all, it was a pretty danm good movie. I only saw like the first 50 minutes, but still, it rocked.

Spiderman 2 on the other hand kind of sucks. Maybe it's because it's my second viewing, but it's almost a borderline snorefest. It takes itself too seriously, needed more of the mindless fun and action of I,Robot.

Anyway, I,Robot suprised the hell out of me. Best summer film I've seen so far.

AlphaSnake

...and that, kids, was the first time I sucked a dick for crack
Use the search. And no, it isn't. The book (which I read 6 years ago) is better than Spider-Man 2. But the movie, while great, isn't.

Insertia

AlphaSnake said:
Use the search. And no, it isn't. The book (which I read 6 years ago) is better than Spider-Man 2. But the movie, while great, isn't.

I could care less about the greatness of the book or whatever. All I know is this: Spiderman 2 had many many parts where I thought "get the hell on with it already". I,Robot had less.

Therefore: I,Robot is a better movie.

Jim Bowie

I, Robot's title sucks? C'mon man, Isaac Asimov wrote a fantastic book and Hollywood made an OK story based on it. Don't blame Asimov: he didn't sign a release for it.

And I agree, the book is better than Spiderman 2. At least there's no Dashboard at the end of the book.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom