• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

I tried to 'zing' a marine today and got put in a chokehold =(

Flynn

That guy assaulted you.

Your "zing" may not have been nice, but expressing your opinion is your right.

That recruiter's only opinion, apparently, was that he can physically fuck with anybody he pleases just because he's strong and wears a uniform.

Fuck that.

crumbs

This story reeks of BS, I'm sure you tried to "zing" a 6'10" Marine, although I'm not sure why you would add the the part about running away at the end. Either way, thanks for the humorous mental image.

Rights this, rights that. Whatever, sometimes it's better to practice common fucking sense. It's my right to wear red shirts but, I'm not going to try and excercise that right in a crip hood.

People now-a-days are stupid they tend to forget that there is cause and effect. They are so concerned about their little cause they don't think about the effect. People need to do a little forethought about what can happen when they apply themselves to stupidity.

Ristamar

I didn't say anything just stopped struggling. He asked me if I had enough again. I didn't say anything. Then he finally let me go. When my feet hit the ground, I just bolted up the street. I didn't even bother to pick up my change or look back. =/

That's arguably the worst (most embarrassing) part of the tale. At least if you would've stuck around, composed yourself, and chuckled a bit with the guy and the crowd (even if it was forced), you wouldn't have come off as much of a bitch as you did with your muted scampering from the scene.

mrmyth

bishoptl said:

h2sarge.jpg

MmmmHmmm.

Vieo

This story reeks of BS, I'm sure you tried to "zing" a 6'10" Marine, although I'm not sure why you would add the the part about running away at the end. Either way, thanks for the humorous mental image.

If you read the story fully, you'd notice that I said the guy was sitting down behind a table and I was about 20 feet away from him. Who wouldn't look short sitting down? I even said I underestimated his size. If I knew how large he was before hand, I would of gave a "No thanks!" and kept walking.

That's arguably the worst (most embarrassing) part of the tale. At least if you would've stuck around, composed yourself, and chuckled a bit with the guy and the crowd (even if it was forced), you wouldn't have come off as much of a bitch as you did with your muted scampering from the scene.
'

The photocopier in my school library makes copies at 10 cents per sheet. I only needed two copies. When I broke the dollar, I probably had about eight dimes. Dimes are pretty small, the sky was cloudy, and I would of looked pretty foolish crawling around down there hunting for each one. o_O

All I have to say is that any little chance you had with this girl is now gone......

I am confident in my game. :D

Doesn't it bother you were physically dominated by a big badass Marine? You don't seem the least bit bothered. Anyhow, that guy rocks. I wish I could have seen that shit.

dude, you got punked...hard. I know you are trying to save face, but there's no way around it. And to top it all off, your "zing" sucked.

MIMIC

Banned
I would have sued the fucker.

I wish I would have thought of saying that after to the COUNTLESS recruits that pursued me throughout high school.

But we only went to Iraq in my senior year of HS, so the draft probably wouldn't have been on my mind. :)

Vieo

OK.. OK OK!, OK! Fine! I got 0wn3d!, PwN3d!, made a fool of, and labeled an assmaster!

Perhaps in some way, this was bad karma at work. This morning I was sniping furiously by testing out an aimbot in an FPS I won't mention, I was also hopping from server to server killing my teammates in CTF games of another FPS I won't mention. Then there was that whole misleading thread fiasco.

But since O.J.'s crimes went unpunished, but at the same time the RedSox can win the world series after a long struggle, I would figure that it might just of been coincidence, but at the same time, not a coincidence, but divine retribution.

In other words; lesson learned.

Now, lets all just put this incident behind us, and pretend it never happened. Amen.

luxsol

Vieo said:
She really isn't my gf or anything like that (but I've been working on her since the beginning of the semester). So, "Sue" is talking on and on. I usually don't listen to much of what she says because most of what she talks about is pure s!$# (did you this movie? did you see that movie? which cellphone do you think I should get? etc. etc. Just think "adult teeny bopper". Her only saving grace is that she likes DBZ, plays games, and watches Enterprise. Other than that, I just offer the occasional nod and "Yeah", because, after all, I'm just trying to pull a hit-and-run...).
If you just want to "hit and run" why take more than 3 months trying to work her up? You should have pulled a move waaay sooner... no more than a month (even that is pushing it). If a girl is that not interested in you, move on to someone else. There are easier (and usually pretty hot) girls out there. Three months+ is for dating.

Eminem

goddamit, Griese!
brooklyngooner said:
Clearly the marine is gay and likes you. Go back to the recruiting table and ask him for a date.

:lol :lol and have a GAFFER follow you around with a camera as you do this.

Baron Aloha

A Shining Example
I don't think you did anything wrong by responding to the marine in that way. If you would have said something nice like "I have other plans" he would have just kept hounding you with "well you can do those other plans in the marines". IMO they are just as bad as telemarketers...they never get a clue that you aren't interested. Heck, if it were me I probably would have said something much worse to him. I had marines calling my house for years asking me to join up in high school, while I was in college, after I graduated, and after I found a full-time job. I finally snapped last fall/winter when they called and told the guy to go -F- himself. I haven't had a call since.

You should probably give up on this "Sue" person. I was already thinking that you should give up on her after you said you've been trying for a whole semester but after hearing about what happened you should REALLY give up.

And you should have had the marine arrested.

Cimarron

:lol

You got owned son! Don't feel bad though Marines are kinda like that all over. We like to tease them on my base all the time. But you gotta be careful though Marine's are trained to be good fighters. Back at Sheppard AFB a big fight broke out between some Airmen and Marines at a club called Graham's central station. Our pretty lil asses got potatowned! :lol

Vieo said:
Now, lets all just put this incident behind us, and pretend it never happened. Amen.

Dude. You're the one who posted it.

Also, that was a terrible zing. Horrible. That's not even Mad Magazine funny. If I was going to risk getting my ass kicked by a big black marine, I would have thought of something funnier. Or better yet, not mess with a big black marine in the first place.

A Marine choked me out.
Now my girl's choking on the Marine. Semper Fi!

Kudos to the admin that did that. :lol

Top Bottom