• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ice Cube's BIG3 (3v3 pro league for retired NBA players) starts airing June 26 on FS1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Had my DVR set to record the entire series. Watched the first game for about a half hour before I deleted it and canceled the future recordings. That was horrible.

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
Iverson missed the game in philly and people weren't happy about it. Feeling like a bait and switch.

http://deadspin.com/the-big3-pulled-a-bait-and-switch-on-philadelphia-1796967472

Turns out washed up former NBA stars are hard to count on.

Philly's reaction:

CARec4Y.gif

I was at the Dallas games yesterday and there was def a palpable deflation in the air when the last teams came out and AI wasn't around

Overall thoughts though:
If you're a huge NBA fan like me, the people watching is pretty fantastic. Just outside waiting for tickets we ran into Josh Howard and Marquis Daniels (who no one recognized either despite being in the Mavs building). You also get to see the entourage / groupies from the players section way up closer than you would in a NBA game

The basketball was kind of what I expected, though there was a lot more dunking in the games than i expected given these guys age. A lot of shit talking you can hear if you're close enough. For some reason Mike Bibby and James White really got into it lol. And of course, this is the closest i'll ever be to Ice Cube and LL Cool J, so that was fun

Wow, I just found about the league and it's already dead?

Are there any online replays of the decent games (if any)?

They probably should have started out with just a 4 week league with less teams and higher concentration of star power.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom