• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

If you could go back in time, what would you change?

Controversial, but I would have it where Japan is back in top of the gaming industry. Don’t get me wrong, I play and enjoy all types of games despite the region, but I really think gaming was in a better place when Japan had more presence in gaming.

Get rid of all microtransactions and DLC. Thank you horse armor. Ok, wait. Maybe I’ll meet you in the middle. You can create dlc, etc, but you have to wait awhile before it is released. No more day one dlc or having 80 characters come out for a fighting game after you already paid $60 for.

I would eliminate the entire woke movement. It’s ruining creativity, people, gaming, movies and entertainment.

Last edited:
ignore gaming, Do well in school secure a job at MS then work my way into the xbox team. work my way up to a top position to where I could sack Matt Booty moments before he sends that email everyone is talking about in the other thread.
Starship Troopers GIF

mansoor1980

Gold Member
ignore gaming, Do well in school secure a job at MS then work my way into the xbox team. work my way up to a top position to where I could sack Matt Booty moments before he sends that email everyone is talking about in the other thread.
Starship Troopers GIF
thats a great idea , why dont you send jim ryan an email , he will consider killing MS from within

Save looking Glass Studios. Prevent Richard Garriot from Selling out to EA and prevent 3DO from going bankrupt.
Would of loved to have a modern Thief game , done by the creators. Richard Garriot would still be makng ultma (no space trips for you... back to work, muhahaha) and Might and Magic/HOMM would still be done by 3do, no ubisoft buyout.

I

You'd have to restructure valve. They have a weird policy like 3D realms where they're sitting on tons of money and their employees just don't give a shit anymore.

There's a video where the head at the time asked what was going on with Duke Nukem forever and I shit you not that he says "World of Warcraft is sucking up too much of our time"

There's even a picture of Gabe playing WoW in the mid 2000s. I think realistically and I hate to say this, Gabe should be replaced with someone else that actually cares about game output on the software front, Steam is a multi billion dollar profitable company, not revenue, PROFIT.

Clearly they have interest in hardware but fuck dude, where are the games??
I concur, although I think they would be pressured to censor and not allow workshop, mods, and community forums like they do now. As you see epic games has none of that. Look at all the resetera types who bad mouth steam because of free speech and open mod platforms without crazy ban hammers. Valve being private has kept them out of cancel mob targets, they can do what they want. A new CEO would probably put profit over everything and make them public. Then MS would try to gobble them up too.

CamHostage

If I could go back in time and change one thing in gaming...

I would do a simple kindness and go to Japan in around 1991. I would go to Capcom studio office, and I would say to the design team, "Look, i know you think this is a cute joke that you named the boxer 'M. Bison', but you're going to regret this some day, and trust me now this game is one you're going to want to have no regrets over! Just give the boxer a new name, record those announcer lines again, probably take the gap out of the character bio's teeth, and whatever you do, don't switch up the names of all three of these new bosses if you don't take my advice. Just forget the name 'Bison' while you still can..."

maxresdefault.jpg

Last edited:

Kdad

I'd have invested in Apple in 1970s to then take that money in 2014 and launch a hostile takeover of SONY and Nintendo in one fell swoop.

Top Bottom