• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

If you had to choose to live in either North Carolina or Florida...

North Carolina or Florida?

• North Carolina

Votes: 8 34.8%
  • Florida

Votes: 11 47.8%
  • Neither

Votes: 4 17.4%

• Total voters

TaySan

Banned
Where would you live in and why?
home-Summit%20of%20Hawksbill%20Mountain%20in%20the%20Linville%20Gorge%20Wilderness-crop(1.000,0.846,0,0.000,r2).cb13730e.jpg

VS

intro.jpg

NC sounds like it's more liberal than FL, but South Florida i'm sure is nice to live in too.

Moogle11

Banned
Tough call. If cost of living isn't a barrier, then I'd pick Miami. Spent a few days there before the outbreak really got crazy and really loved it. Beautiful, great weather, lots of amazing food etc.

If factoring in cost of living, probably NC. Charlotte is an ok city, Ashville and Greenville are nice smaller cities with good food and beer etc. Not really anywhere else in Florida I've been that's impressed me outside of Miami.

belmarduk

As someone who has lived in both states.. they both have their ups and downs.

I'd echo L Lawrence 'Chunk' Cohen and say NC has better BBQ. They have better food in general. Cuban food is something you should try at least once, but Florida obviously can't claim that. We have a better diversity of food options.

Another thing NC has going for it is that the geographical features are more interesting than Florida. You have some fantastic beaches in the east that meet with some of the most beautiful pine forests you'll ever see. You actually have mountains in the western part of the state. You can drive through Florida and the only thing you'll notice is the population density getting a bit heavier around our major cities. The beaches are all we've really got going for us. Even the Everglades is unspectacular.

Also, I would have to say NC is more progressive at this time. They have a Democratic governor, which Florida has not had since the 90s.. but in NC, people are much more religious than Florida.

Arkam

Florida. Lived in Central Florida for a decade and loved it. No state income tax, great craft beer breweries, fun bar scenes in Orlando and Tampa/St. Pete, lots of south american food options, warm water at the beaches. Only thing that sucks is the absolute lack of scenery. Florida is flat and not that pretty. So much underbrush and palm to be worth looking at. NC has the views for sure, food is solid and the people are nice.... but no clue why anyone would want to move there.

I’ve lived in Florida and have family and property and I have two married friends from Florida that live in NC currently for the past several years. They Want to move now.

If you can stay out of the university cities in NC it can be ok. There is a right vs left - Black vs white culture war brewing in the university system there and that is a major part of their big cities.

Florida is expensive and hot as fuck. My childhood home that I own had a lot of trees growing up. Thanks to many hurricanes and a few tornadoes it now has no trees.

That being said, then gardens are doing fantastic with the sunlight and the lawn never looked better.

Personally, I’d stick to Alabama, Texas, Tennessee or South Carolina. Maybe I’d venture into Kentucky.

lock2k

Banned
Florida for the weather because I'm used to tropical weather.

NC has my favorite radio station though.

Lived in Charlotte and Tampa. Beaches vs hiking. Florida has a lot more things to do especially at night do but I loved both states. North Carolina also smells like jizz in the spring so I have to that in account.

North Carolina easily, although I'm biased since I live here.

The mountains of western NC alone trump anything Florida can or ever will offer.

And Panthers beat the Jags in their inaugural game at the Hall of Fame back in '95. Suck it FL. :p

Top Bottom