• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

If you were limited to eating just one meat-animal for the rest of your life...

Which animal (parentheticals are just examples, not exhaustive)?

• Pig (pork, bacon, cured ham, ribs)

Votes: 11 7.8%
  • Cow (ground beef, steak, ribs)

Votes: 46 32.6%
  • Sheep (lamb chops, mutton, shank)

Votes: 9 6.4%
  • Poultry (chicken breast, turkey drumsticks, duck)

Votes: 50 35.5%
  • Crustacean (lobster, crab, shrimp)

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • Oily fish (salmon, sardines, mackerel)

Votes: 8 5.7%
  • White fish (bass, perch, cod)

Votes: 4 2.8%
  • Deer / elk / caribou (and other large-game meat)

Votes: 4 2.8%
  • Soy

Votes: 5 3.5%
  • Other (specify below)

Votes: 3 2.1%

• Total voters
...which would you pick? For the sake of argument (maybe it will or won't affect your choice) this includes the internal organs, tongue, sausage made from the animal, etc.

Batter and fry it up. Fillet it. Turn it into jerky. Marinade. Braise. Sear. Sous vide. Even raw. Whichever methods of cooking you prefer are options.

https%3A%2F%2Fspecials-images.forbesimg.com%2Fimageserve%2F601063988%2F960x0.jpg%3Ffit%3Dscale

delish-190808-baked-drumsticks-0185-landscape-pf-1567089281.jpg

20200107144008-FSTK8oNZ.jpg

wholesomeyum-the-best-broiled-lobster-tail-recipe-10.jpg

Woo-Fu

Banned
I wanted to vote for duck but since you lumped it with chicken and turkey---the rice cakes of meat---I could not.

Grinchy

Banned
I should be choosing cow because I am all about steak, burgers, ect. But, I worry about a lifetime of eating only red meat giving me some problems like gout and shit.

So, chicken it is. I like the breasts, wings, legs, I like it all. Chicken wings are one of my greatest weaknesses. If they didn't exist, I'd look like Chris Hemsworth.

Last edited:

Knch

Chicken. Can do soo much with it and not get gout.
Gout is caused initially by an excess of uric acid in the blood, or hyperuricemia. Uric acid is produced in the body during the breakdown of purines – chemical compounds that are found in high amounts in certain foods such as meat, poultry, and seafood.
So might as well go with meat that has a flavour of it's own...

Naibel

I would say poultry because instead of others animals, I can at least stomach killing chicken in order to eat them.

I also got a bit sick of meat lately and I dislike the taste of sheep. Sardines don't satiate me enough.

Last edited:

TacosNSalsa

Beef or pork ..they have the tastiest fat (think a fat cap on a steak) . Ground beef is so verseitile , sooo many things I can cook with it .

lock2k

Banned
...which would you pick? For the sake of argument (maybe it will or won't affect your choice) this includes the internal organs, tongue, sausage made from the animal, etc.

Batter and fry it up. Fillet it. Turn it into jerky. Marinade. Braise. Sear. Sous vide. Even raw. Whichever methods of cooking you prefer are options.

https%3A%2F%2Fspecials-images.forbesimg.com%2Fimageserve%2F601063988%2F960x0.jpg%3Ffit%3Dscale

delish-190808-baked-drumsticks-0185-landscape-pf-1567089281.jpg

20200107144008-FSTK8oNZ.jpg

wholesomeyum-the-best-broiled-lobster-tail-recipe-10.jpg
Cow.

But I would miss fish so much.

Yoshi

Headmaster of Console Warrior Jugendstrafanstalt
Chicken (and the other birds are an OK bonus) because it is quite versatile. Second choice would be beef, but I could manage eating chicken every day more easily than cow.

Barnabot

i really wanted to pick pig but i know i'll probably have a shorter life span so i decided to go with white fish.

MaestroMike

Gold Member
beef. i dont eat much meat more yogurt really but a small burger for dinner on most days of the week has its place in my diet. poultry could be useful for ppl that dont eat dairy tho since they can switch back and forth between white and dark meat. i wouldve picked oily fish if i didnt get my omega 3s from seeds

Last edited:

Wings 嫩翼翻せ

so it's not nice
Definitely would go for oily fish, I feel it would keep me lean and give me all my required proteins and such without too much fat everywhere. Gotta keep the body healthy.

Vlaphor

Chicken is the healthiest, the cheapest, and the most versatile. I'm not that big of a steak/hamburger guy to be honest. I would miss chorizo, but if it comes down to one, it'll be chicken

StormCell

So GAF, I recently took up raising rabbits. I didn't know it before this year, but apparently rabbit is one of the best meats you can eat. I guess I'm going to find out in a few months, and hopefully it's as good I'm told!

Last edited:
Top Bottom