• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

IGN-Matt on Pikmin 2

SantaC

Gold Member
"Hey Matt, just wondering if you've had much time with the Pikmin 2 import. I've finished it and it's by far one of my favorite games this generation. What are your thoughts?"

Been playing and absolutely love it. Will get a guaranteed higher score than the first. Fan-freaking-tastic sequel.

Matt

Fellas,

Don't hold out on Pikmin 2. The game kicks every kind of ass on the market. Seriously, it's one of those rare sequels that makes the first seem amateur.

Matt

Peer and I have been playing Pikmin 2. Read our impressions, guys. We don't lie. The game delivers. "Hella" fun, as the kids say.

Matt

http://boards.ign.com/GameCube_General_Board/b5002/62411657/p1

I have to admit that I'm more excited for Resident Evil 4, Metroid Prime 2 Echoes, and Zelda than anything else. Does that make me a Nintendo fanboy? Perhaps. But it's the truth.

And don't get me wrong, guys. My friends are here. We're drunk. And I just showed them Chronicles of Riddick, which is a gorgeous and satisfying game. That noted, I'd throw the game in the trash and then incinerate my trash can for the chance to play finished copies of RE4, Prime 2 or LoZ.

Matt

Note that I'm not including Legend of Zelda because -- simply -- this game will own everything else in the universe, be it a videogame or not. I think that it might in fact start a new religion. Certainly it has for me.

Matty

PS. Have a good weekend

lol this was a funny thread. Appearently he is drunk ;) gotta love matt.

After playing Riddick I really want that game (only played the first leve, I myself was too drunk hehe). But even then, Pikmin 2 still kicks its ass two ways from Sunday. And knowing that the game is very large and intricate I'm really excited to dig into it when I get back to the states.

bogg

Im really looking forword to pikmin 2. Loved the first one, and 2 just looks fuckin awesome. The only thing that bothers me is that the jpn version has all those real life things, you know like the 7up cap (english is not my first language, sometimes it's hard for me to explain myself lol), and in the us version they'll probably change that. Damn pikmin rules!

Rhage

Pikmin 2 is going to rock. But I don't particularly like all the real items in there either and doesn't look like it's undergone any graphical improvements.

I always liked that Matt guy... He's been holding the fort in Nintendo land for quite some time and is one of the only reasons I consistantly purchase and insider account every year. Also, his gaming tastes are almost spot on with mine, so I almost always take his opinions on games seriously.

*cheers dude, keep up the good work* ;)

BTW- PIKMIN 2 will be incredible! :)

"Note that I'm not including Legend of Zelda because -- simply -- this game will own everything else in the universe, be it a videogame or not. I think that it might in fact start a new religion. Certainly it has for me."

Good to know the opinion is in stone before the game is released. 10?

Note that I'm not including Legend of Zelda because -- simply -- this game will own everything else in the universe, be it a videogame or not. I think that it might in fact start a new religion. Certainly it has for me.

I didn't realize people were so hard-up for a fuckable Link. I mean... I guess that explains the Gamecube Soul Calibur 2 sales but... wow...

8bit

Knows the Score
Pikmin 2 is very good, I can't imagine anyone that liked the original being disappointed with the sequel. The cave challenge mode is a nice touch.

GDJustin

stuck my tongue deep inside Atlus' cookies
God get off his back. This wasn't an article posted on IGN. This was him chatting on some forums, while he was drunk no less. Writing about games doesn't mean you're not allowed to be super pumped for something. I know I have some natural biases but when I actually write something for gamedaily I put them aside to be objective.

SantaC

Gold Member
I like matt because he can go into the forums and really chat and answer questions. H also always say what he think. This time he goes in drunk though. :D

here is another matt quote on the slow first half for gamecube:

You know, the first half of the year is always slow regardless of console. That said, Riddick rocked everything else out there for the first couple months. If you have an Xbox, get it. If you don't, consider getting the console -- this is a damned fine game and worth your attention, trust me.

Nintendo underdelivered, in many ways. This was to be expected, of course, but that doesn't change the truth of it. The publisher simply didn't have a AAA title this quarter. Then again, except for Riddick neither did anybody else.

But this brings me to the future. Again: Resident Evil 4. Metroid Prime 2. And quite possibly, if all goes as planned, Donkey Kong Jungle Beat. If you ignore these games, you are -- and this could be a scientific fact -- a retard.

And don't get me wrong. I'll be first in line for Halo 2, too. (Unless it comes out the same day as RE4 or MP2, in which case it'll simply have to wait.)

Matt

drohne

hyperbolically metafictive
And don't get me wrong, guys. My friends are here. We're drunk. And I just showed them Chronicles of Riddick, which is a gorgeous and satisfying game. That noted, I'd throw the game in the trash and then incinerate my trash can for the chance to play finished copies of RE4, Prime 2 or LoZ.

this is why i consider nintendo fandom an impairment. the prevailing belief that there are two categories of games: nintendo games, and the fundamentally inferior remainder. and the "nintendo games" category can be broadened at convenience to include "important" second and third party games on nintendo consoles. it prevents nintendo fans from approaching games with any honesty. and as easy as it may be to think that everyone has more or less comparable biases, that isn't really the case; some biases are heavier than others.

Dr.Guru of Peru

played the long game
drohne said:
this is why i consider nintendo fandom an impairment. the prevailing belief that there are two categories of games: nintendo games, and the fundamentally inferior remainder. and the "nintendo games" category can be broadened at convenience to include "important" second and third party games on nintendo consoles. it prevents nintendo fans from approaching games with any honesty. and as easy as it may be to think that everyone has more or less comparable biases, that isn't really the case; some biases are heavier than others.

Oh fuck, not this crap again.

SantaC

Gold Member
drohne said:

you cleary didn't see his praise for riddick. Best game first half of 2004. That isn't eactly bias towards Nintendo.

drohne said:

Go comfort your xbox.....lol

Bebpo

Banned
8bit said:
Pikmin 2 is very good, I can't imagine anyone that liked the original being disappointed with the sequel. The cave challenge mode is a nice touch.

Well I loved the original yet I was disappointed with the sequel. It was still a good fun game, but it felt more like an add-on vs. a real sequel which is wierd considering how they delayed the game almost a full year from E3 2003. Also having only 4 overworlds bugged me since I prefered the overworld puzzles to the cave puzzles.

Still it's a fun game. But the original brought originality with it, this doesn't. I'd personally say the original is about a 9/10 and the sequel is an 8.5/10.

ge-man

drohne said:

Man, get off your high horse. Did you completely miss his praise of Riddick and his excitement for Halo 2? He did not mean that statement to be taken literally--he was exaggerating to emphasize how excited he is about those other games. When in the hell did that become a crime? And why does anything that remotely looks like praise for Nintendo's efforts must be construed as fanboyism these days?

I think you're suffering from same narrow vision that you accuse Matt of having, only it's in reverse.

TekunoRobby

Tag of Excellence
Holy shit I'd incinerate Chronicles of Riddick just to play a finished version of Halo2, RE4, DWVIII and the new LoZ. That game was simply awesome but I have so much anticipation for these titles that it overrides my current excitement for Riddick (that and the fact that I already played the hell out of it).

It really isn't a slight at all on Riddick, he's just stating how much he'd rather play the other games over Riddick because he is simply anticipating them more. That's generally how we gamers are, we're always excited for the next big thing no matter what's currently on our plate.

"this is why i consider nintendo fandom an impairment. the prevailing belief that there are two categories of games: nintendo games, and the fundamentally inferior remainder. and the "nintendo games" category can be broadened at convenience to include "important" second and third party games on nintendo consoles. it prevents nintendo fans from approaching games with any honesty. and as easy as it may be to think that everyone has more or less comparable biases, that isn't really the case; some biases are heavier than others."

Very true.

Justin Bailey

------ ------
ge-man said:
Man, get off your high horse. Did you completely miss his praise of Riddick and his excitement for Halo 2? He did not mean that statement to be taken literally--he was exaggerating to emphasize how excited he is about those other games. When in the hell did that become a crime? And why does anything that remotely looks like praise for Nintendo's efforts must be construed as fanboyism these days?

I think you're suffering from same narrow vision that you accuse Matt of having, only it's in reverse.
More very true.

AniHawk

Heh, LoZ is getting the OoT treatment, as far as I can tell. If Nintendo really makes it a quality game, much better than The Wind Waker in every conceivable way, I bet it would be a 10 (or at least 9.8-9.9).

And Xbox penguins, if you don't want to hear about Nintendo games getting praise, start your own thread and praise Ninja Gaiden, CoR, FSW, and all the other great games which came out in the last six months PLUS all the great games coming up and quit acting like whining babies.

drohne said:

Its Sunday i guess.......monthly PMS mode switched on

Teddman

drohne said:
There are certain essential truths in this post...

Top Bottom