• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

[IGN] Resident Evil 3 Remake Gameplay

RE3 was rather ambitious with the dodge mechanic and environmental usage to kill enemies but the game was just filled with narrow hallways. Bigger areas will make it easier for you to actually want to learn the dodge mechanic and use it. Looks better than RE2 remake already.

jaysius

Banned
I dunno, being pestered more by a roaming boss fight sounds less fun. I tolerated it in RE2 Remake but it felt like padding and it was annoying to just idle while the dude lumbered away, I'd usually just fudge dodge him anyway, MORE of that, no thanks.

HonkingTonk

Neo Member
Not all that hot on having a brief shot of slow-mo on a good dodge, I think having it auto-target for a shot or two is a good enough reward.

Azelover

Titanic was called the Ship of Dreams, and it was. It really was.
RE3 was rather ambitious with the dodge mechanic and environmental usage to kill enemies but the game was just filled with narrow hallways. Bigger areas will make it easier for you to actually want to learn the dodge mechanic and use it. Looks better than RE2 remake already.
Yeah, visually it looks better. I just hope it's not too difficult. I like challenge, but sometimes they overdo it.

REmake 2 was awesome..

Last edited:
I'm not going to watch it and I'm definitely not going to play the demo that they announced yesterday. The reason why I'm yet to play RE2 Remake is because I was exposed to too much media material and played the demo multiple times. To this day I don't feel like picking it up because I don't want to go thorough that demo section for the nth time...

brian0057

Banned
HOT TAKE:
Resident Evil 3 is one of the weakest games in the series and the annoying Kool-Aid man is like 99% of the reason.
They almost ruined REmake 2 with Nemes... I mean Mr. X.

Arachnid

HOT TAKE:
Resident Evil 3 is one of the weakest games in the series and the annoying Kool-Aid man is like 99% of the reason.
They almost ruined REmake 2 with Nemes... I mean Mr. X.
Half agreed. RE3 is definitely one of the weakest in the series, but it's not because of Nemesis (he's great, as was Mr. X IMO).

Rickyiez

The classic costume is there as the pre-order bonus , relax you guys jeeezzzz

classic-costume-pack-500x500.jpg

That said I still couldn't get over new Jill's face , how hard is it to just re-use the CGI face

Last edited:
Top Bottom