• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rumor: Resident Evil 1 Remake coming in 2026

NT80

I really hope this isn't true. They already remade it and then remastered it years after. Absolutely ridiculous if they do it yet again.
Code Veronica has far more potential than the limited empty RE1.

SegaManAU

Gold Member
Please be true.
Please be true.
Please be true.

200w.gif

sncvsrtoip

Good decision, never played Code Veronica but read it didnt age well and 1st is classic, should be great in psvr2

Last edited:

Kydd BlaZe

I despise the tank controls for the old games, and I couldn't even get into the original remake because of this. This REmake with modernized controls/third person camera is what I've been waiting for.

SHA

It shouldn't be short or at least it shouldn't feel short, it has to be special, the new tech should be an advantage, not to show weaknesses we haven't encountered before, cause that would be really bad.

dcx4610

I'm honestly OK with this. It's been long enough and a full 3D remake would be awesome. The first game is unmatched when it comes to atmosphere and aesthetic to me and can't wait to explore the mansion with proper 3D.

Chronos24

It's hard to play Resident Evil in something other than vr for me now. 7, Village, and 4 Remake in VR were just so much better that way IMHO. Really hope if this is true there's a VR mode

Shut0wen

Why would it be a 4 hour game? A typical playthrough for RE1 (without using a guide or remembering where to go and what to do) should be 10+ hours.

Plus I think Capcom learned their lesson after the shortened RE3R got plenty of backlash.
Played the game to death, could literally finish it in 4 hours easily

TGO

Hype Train conductor. Works harder than it steams.
We already have the perfect remake of that game and it is called rebirth.

Capcom has become a remake machine.
While I generally agree it's still a 22 year old remake.
As good as they look the remaster didn't use any AI enhanced techniques and are generally upscale.
So to bringing those Pre-rendered background to life in 3D and improving the character models and redoing the voices(I know it was better then the original but it's still not great) + gameplay improvements thanks to the 3d Person perspective would be very welcome.
And although it may look good to us and play perfectly fine.
Some are put off by the controls.

JimmyRustler

Gold Member
Just beat it today with Chris as a refresher.

Fucking lol if current Capcom thinks they'll do better than this. Just reskin Mr X as Lisa Trevor.
Well, they actually managed to top RE4, one of the best gamer ever made. Everything is in the cards here.

Think a new Remake in line with the other Remakes is fine but I’d REALLY want them to make a completely new one with this gameplay and expand the story in a meaningful way. I’d love to look forward to the next RE because of the story.

Just beat it today with Chris as a refresher.

Fucking lol if current Capcom thinks they'll do better than this. Just reskin Mr X as Lisa Trevor.
I expect Remake 1 with fully rendered environments with ray tracing, more parts with lisa trevor, and a big expanded intro with them landing in the woods and what happened there then going to the mansion

Last edited:
Well, they actually managed to top RE4, one of the best gamer ever made. Everything is in the cards here.
Main game? Naw. Seperate Ways? Yeah. But to make Seperate Ways good they had to take stuff from the original game and give it to Ada. 🤷‍♂️

I expect Remake 1 with fully rendered environments with ray tracing, more parts with lisa trevor, and a big expanded intro with them landing in the woods and what happened there then going to the mansion
If they take EVERYTHING from Remake, add more and slow the pace that game is gonna be so bloated.

Madflavor

Remake 2002 is already perfection, but that doesn't mean another remake wouldn't have it's place, so long as they do it well. Great as REmake was, it's definitely an odd man out from the rest of the Remakes due to it's fixed camera and tank controls. I'd be 100% on board with this. Not to mention it'd be weird to go right into an RE5 Remake without first establishing the remake versions of Chris and Wesker.

• Thoughtful
Reactions: TGO

RagnarokIV

REmake is not only a pefect remake, but also a perfect game.

Will be very very very tough to top.

In my opinion, it's a redundant undertaking. It also means that with REmake being REmaked, they're basically killing the fixed camera legacy of the series.

Diddy X

REmake is not only a pefect remake, but also a perfect game.

Will be very very very tough to top.

In my opinion, it's a redundant undertaking. It also means that with REmake being REmaked, they're basically killing the fixed camera legacy of the series.

I don't think they are killing anything as you can still choose to play the existing remake with fixed camera, they can sell it as a remake in the style that the modern audiences have proven to like the most.

RagnarokIV

I don't think they are killing anything as you can still choose to play the existing remake with fixed camera, they can sell it as a remake in the style that the modern audiences have proven to like the most.
True, at least they have REmake available on PC and modern systems.
I do wish they would release a classics collection of original 1-3 though.

ChoosableOne

ChoosableAll
They think that those who played these games, or even their remakes, back in the day are either dead or have retired from the gaming community. The sad part is, they're probably right in their assumptions. Let's face it, there aren't many old gamers like us left in the market, and we don't significantly impact sales. If my body allows, I plan to play games for another 40 years. The thought of seeing at least 8 different Resident Evil 1 remakes scares me more than death now.

Fake

When I see people defending, no wonder Capcom want to make a remake after a remake.

What we gonna call? ReRemake? I can't even believe they are fightning ND for the title of who make more remakes.

near

Gold Member
When I see people defending, no wonder Capcom want to make a remake after a remake.

What we gonna call? ReRemake? I can't even believe they are fightning ND for the title of who make more remakes.
Yeah, not really a fan of remakes. But RE2r was really enjoyable. Capcom and ND are as bad as each other when it comes to ports and remakes, at least Capcom also make new games tho. :p

Fake

Yeah, not really a fan of remakes. But RE2r was really enjoyable. Capcom and ND are as bad as each other when it comes to ports and remakes, at least Capcom also make new games tho. :p

Nothing against RE2remake, but RE already have a remake. Is like remaking RE2R.

There are others Resident Evil titles to remake and they gonna remake another remake?

At this point would be better just to use A.I to improve the REmake background.

They will just call it Resident Evil.

No way. /s
Resident_Evil_Remake-_North-american_cover.jpg.jpg

Last edited:

near

Gold Member

There are others Resident Evil titles to remake and they gonna remake another remake?

I mean, it is 22 years old at this point. It could use more than a facial uplift, but I wouldn't complain if they never did.

april6e

Why are people praising this? RE1 was already remade and still looks incredible today. I would rather have any other RE game remade like Veronica, Zero, RE5 or such.

Last edited:

rkofan87

Gold Member

No way. /s
Resident_Evil_Remake-_North-american_cover.jpg.jpg
but its re1 with the game play of re2r and re4r take my cash now.

Perrott

Why are people praising this? RE1 was already remade and still looks incredible today. I would rather have any other RE game remade like Veronica, Zero, RE5 or such.
Yes, RE1 was already remade, but that was 22 years and three console generations ago.

Calling this rumored new RE1 remake unnecessary is just as stupid of a take as shitting on the idea of a MGS1 remake just because it also got remade for the GameCube, 20 years ago.

Top Bottom