• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

IGN Stellar Blade Drama Part III - Korean fashion magazine Maxim responds: "Eve's body type is indeed realistic and exists in reality."

Maxim Korea released a video on their YouTube channel (1.01M subscribers) in response to the recent IGN France's controversial critics on Eve's body shape in upcoming Korean game Stellar Blade.

In the video, the host says:

What is a realistic body type? Defining "realistic " may be difficult, but there was a recent incident criticized for an "unrealistic" body type. IGN France reviewed the demo of Korea's game Stellar Blade, stating the character Eve appears bland, like a doll created with an exaggerated sexual aspect by someone who's never seen a woman.

However, as some of you know, the character Eve in this game was modeled after Shin Jae-eun, a Maxim cover model. Can a character modeled after a real person's body be called unrealistic? Does it make sense to call a body based on a real person unrealistic? Does this make sense? It's another issue related to political correctness we've been hearing a lot about these days.

Therefore, to educate that Shin Jae-eun's body is indeed realistic and exisits in reality, we've decided to re-release the video of Shin Jae-eun's photoshoot. [...] this time, it's made available with subtitles in English, Japanese, Arabic, Indonesian, Vietnamese, Hindi, so more people worldwide can watch it.

LMFAO, I do apologize on spamming on the topics but the Koreans are roasting the woketards so fucking hard and I know you love to see it.

WuR2VHI.png

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
probably because America/West can’t comprehend that women in Asia have bodies like that… and they’re used to their own ones.

Heck when I see modern American people, I’m like “are those bodies even real”?

Maxim Korea released a video on their YouTube channel (1.01M subscribers) in response to the recent IGN France's controversial critics on Eve's body shape in upcoming Korean game Stellar Blade.

In the video, the host says:

LMFAO, I do apologize on spamming on the topics but the Koreans are roasting the woketards so fucking hard and I know you love to see it.

WuR2VHI.png

Go Maxim Korea!!!

You're doing the Lord's work.

=======

When these Western far-left loons say her body is not realistic, I think what they're really communicating, albeit unknowingly, is that they mean it's an unrealistic goal for most Western women. They're trying to rage against the idealistic body beauty standard prevalent in entertainment until 5 minutes ago. They hate seeing it because it reminds them of how obese, how lazy and undisciplined they've become as a society. So they want to remove any imagery of it from entertainment, particularly media popular with Western boys because they hold the misguided belief that if they change what boys see in games, comics, movies and TV, from slim, fit & healthy, sexy and voluptuous bodies to the obese whales that increasingly represents western women today (particularly the woke slobs), they will reprogram them to find those more "realistic" bodies more attractive.... unfortunate for them, it won't work and men will always be more attracted to slim, fit and healthy female bodies.

Clearly, Asia doesn't have nearly the levels of obesity as the west does, so Asian women will not feel so threatened by seeing body types like this in games; not that even Western women should either, because the purpose of gaming is escapism, not to provide a standard for society to live up to.

Fredrik

I’m surprised it’s France IGN that are doing this witchhunt, I thought France had a healthy and fairly attractive population 🤷‍♂️ Even up in the snowy viking lands I see bodies similar to that every single day and even more ”unrealistic” ones. I think that IGN guy really just need to go outside.

eerik9000

Excuse me, maybe I am stupid, but wasn't Eve born and raised on a different planet than Earth? Do we really know how human bodies would evolve in other environments?

Kataploom

Gold Member
probably because America/West can’t comprehend that women in Asia have bodies like that… and they’re used to their own ones.

I know IRL girls that have or had (in their prime) bodies like that, it's not even a rare thing, but I appreciate their clarification anyway, the video has some great Korean waifu material 😎

FunkMiller

None of this is about what’s realistic or not in women’s body shapes. Not really.

It’s about attacking straight dudes.

That IGN guy wrote that article as a giant fuck you to an entire gender and sexuality.

And the worst part is he’s probably a straight dude himself, who’s desperate to be popular with the terminally online and terminally outraged, just because his livelihood depends on keeping them happy. It’s sad, desperate and pathetic.

There are people who have built up such huge resentment to popular culture being geared towards straight dudes for so many years, that we now have to go through this bullshit so they can get their ‘revenge’.

Them, and all the cretins like this cucked dude, are going to shout themselves hoarse, and then maybe we can get back to normal.

Last edited:

Hohenheim

I'm so tired of hearing about this game. Or, the body "features" in this game.

The only thing more boring than hearing the mad and hysteric reactions to the "dangerous" boobs and asses in games, is having to hear about people defending it on top.

I love some of the enemy designs in the demo! People should talk more about the awesome designs in there.

Danjin44

The nicest person on this forum

The only thing more boring than hearing the mad and hysteric reactions to the "dangerous" boobs and asses in games, is having to hear about people defending it on top.

I love some of the enemy designs in the demo! People should talk more about the awesome designs in there.
I very hype for this game but I agree, I’m really getting sick of this whole controversy discussions.

It’s not like this the first time we are getting Asian game with sexy design but that’s all people are talking about.

I played demo the combat really fun with cool ass enemy designs but we barely talk about those.

Dazraell

I’m surprised it’s France IGN that are doing this witchhunt, I thought France had a healthy and fairly attractive population 🤷‍♂️ Even up in the snowy viking lands I see bodies similar to that every single day and even more ”unrealistic” ones. I think that IGN guy really just need to go outside.
You can find lunatics and idiots in every country. No need to overthink it

Boglin

But if we didn't have people defending this stuff then we might not get it at all. Sometimes we have to take the bad with the good.

Gojiira

Goddamn she’s gorgeous…But yeah calling a character modelled on a real person ‘unrealistic’ is beyond retarded.
Thank lord it seems attitudes are changing somewhat about character designs. Even in general it seems people are finally pushing back against all this Woke,DEI Marxist crap

deeptech

I just love this, love how being true and down to earth, frank and honest pushes some people so hard, their images being shattered to pieces. It may actually do some good to many delusional ones, as nobody could wish the mentality in question on anyone. Anyhow, yesterday I saw a girl IRL with a behind even greater, so idk how can someone say beautifully shaped women don't exist.

Bernardougf

Gold Member
I love sexy women, but Eve’s model is heavily enhanced with implants. We need to be honest about that.
As a plastic surgeon I can say I fully support her breast "realism" 😬😉

On a more technical note I can say with confidence that given the shape, size and naturalness of her actual breats that IF she has implants they were pretty complementary to an already existing beautiful natural breast only to boost size purposes. As it is they are very natural looking and not so much "artificial".

Last edited:

What bodies are you talking about? All I see when I see modern audience American people are fat rolls. There’s nothing human about these bodies anymore.

God bless the current Asian female shape, try to see some 80’s 90’s tv shows etc. Everyone in USA was like that once too. Hell, almost no one in the world was either fat or obese, except in a tiny number of countries where being fat was seen as being a rich and wealthy person.

NeoIkaruGAF

Gold Member
I very hype for this game but I agree, I’m really getting sick of this whole controversy discussions.

It’s not like this the first time we are getting Asian game with sexy design but that’s all people are talking about.
It’s tiring, yes, but I understand people thinking that a lot hinges on SB’s success.

Remember, it’s a PS console exclusive. PS hasn’t been a haven for this kind of imagery for a few years now.

If *ahem* some people didn’t make such a huge fuss about it, there would be no need for such a backlash and we’d be interested in discussing the game’s other merits more,

Saber

Gold Member
Based.

I hope the following years we have dishes like that served more frequently. I want the age of "gaming journalism" over. They contribute to nothing in game space and an AI would do a better job than them, if one can considered writting rants and crap a job.

Lethal01

Go Maxim Korea!!!

You're doing the Lord's work.

=======

When these Western far-left loons say her body is not realistic, I think what they're really communicating, albeit unknowingly, is that they mean it's an unrealistic goal for most Western women. They're trying to rage against the idealistic body beauty standard prevalent in entertainment until 5 minutes ago. They hate seeing it because it reminds them of how obese, how lazy and undisciplined they've become as a society.

Eh it's more like, "this body is realistic, if you are willing to do tons of surgery to fix every thing people might see as a flaw" which can indeed get unhealthy.

Top Bottom