• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ikari Warriors vs Metal Slug

Ahhhh,

Ikari. Such great memories. And I get to play it periodically here on the Jersey Shore boardwalk. It is still as great as it ever was.

Ikari +1

Link316 said:
another vote for Ikari Warriors, I want a Ikari Warriors compilation with Dual Shock support

And you'd be bored of it within 15 mintues of playing it. :)

I was a big Ikari fan until it just became too dated to play. Metal Slug is the more entertaining game for me.

Defensor

Mistaken iRobbery!
The second Ikari Warriors was crap. They travel in space to crash land on an alien planet?!?!
"Come on, Lets fight!"

Minotauro

Finds Purchase on Dog Nutz
Ikari Warriors had much better music. Otherwise, Metal Slug is better in just about every category.

chespace

It's not actually trolling if you don't admit it
Heavy Barrrrrrrrel. Okay, not really. But I just felt like saying the name. It's so silly.

And also, Victory Road was THE SHIT. So weird. Sword and armor rocked. Again, so weird.

Did You Know: Guerilla War is called Guevara in Japan, after Che Guevara of Cuba.

----

http://chespace.ogamo.com

WarPig

mercs-s.gif

MERCS, MOTHERFUCKER. THERE IS ONLY ONE MERCS.

DFS.

D

Deleted member 284

Unconfirmed Member
I can't believe no one mentioned the perfect merge of ikari and slug/contra gameplay.

Midnight Resistance beeyitches..

zMidnight_Resistance.png

yMidnight_Resistance.png

Ikari Warriors > all

I played that game so much as a kid.

Then I forgot about it.

Then I started having dreams... once every 6 months or year.. of this top scrolling NES game where I could throw these grenades... the dreams were so vivid.. yet I assured myself I was just making it all up.

Then someone in the chat brought it up one day out of nowhere.

And I was very, very happy.

The end.

TheDiave

Banned
Ikari Warriors = 80's shoot 'em up classic

Metal Slug = Modern day shoot 'em up classic

The two can co-exist in legend.

Irontank_Title.gif
Irontank_Game.gif

Iron Tank > Advance Wars: Under Fire

Nothing beats running over enemy troops to refill your health. Turret control is a little clumsy, but it's good fun. The bad guys have a black X insignia just like in Metal Slug!

Defensor

Mistaken iRobbery!
olubode said:
I can't believe no one mentioned the perfect merge of ikari and slug/contra gameplay.

zMidnight_Resistance.png

yMidnight_Resistance.png

Whoo, that's still an awesome game along with Iron Tank. Now I wish I still had most of my Genesis games and all of my NES games :(

olubode said:

zMidnight_Resistance.png

yMidnight_Resistance.png

I loved that game. Best part was hearing your family thank you as you rescued them. That and leaving a few behind cuz you didn't have enough keys.

Top Bottom