• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ilvermorny (US Hogwarts) video teaser + Writings from JK Rowling

Status
Not open for further replies.

KimiNewt

Scored 3/100 on an Exam
Is the Cursed Child so bad? I didn't want to read the spoilers because I figured there might be an official version out later.

Kinokou

Is Thunderbird the equivalent of Ravenclaw or Gryf?

I think the only clear equivalent is that Horned Serpent is Ravenclaw
Both Wampus and Thunderbird seems like Gryffindor.
Pukwudgie seems like it's none of the Hogwarts houses or both Huffelpuff and Gryffindor.
While Slytherin has no equivalent.

At least that's my interpretation.

Ilvermorny house descriptions:

-Horned Serpent house is sometimes considered to represent the mind of a witch or wizard. It is also said that Horned Serpent favours scholars.
-Wampus house is sometimes considered to represent the body of a witch or wizard. It is also said that Wampus favours warriors.
-Thunderbird house is sometimes considered to represent the soul of a witch or wizard. It is also said that Thunderbird favours adventurers.
-Pukwudgie house is sometimes considered to represent the heart of a witch or wizard. It is also said that Pukwudgie favours healers.

Maengun1

I kinda like the name more that I'm reading the material.

I was already sorted into Gryffindor on Pottermore, but just got placed into Thunderbird as well. Aw yiss.

The Adder

Banned
What was your Omnipotent being question and what did you pick as an answer?

For me?

Question: "Will I be remembered?"

Answer:
Forever

Sonicbug

Cute backstory, but Plymouth and Mount Graylock are on opposite ends of the state. "Disappeared into the surrounding mountains..." 174 miles away. That's a long walk through tribal lands in the 1620s.

Took the test, those were some interesting questions, I really had to think on them. Ended up with Wampus. I'm happy with that.
Wampus/Raven claw pride!

Now they should make a test to figure out your patronus animal.

Gryffindor and Wampus. Seems like I'm always going to be cat.

Actually surprised I'm still a Gryffindor. The last time I took a sorting quiz was in middle school. Thought it'd have changed since then.

New info about the school.

https://www.pottermore.com/writing-by-jk-rowling/ilvermorny

Located at the top of Mount Greylock in western Massachusetts.

The story of the school's founding is actually pretty cool.

This was great.
I'd love to see this story on the big screen.

I'm really happy that JK Rowling seems to basically be gearing up for an expanded HP universe; despite the inconsistencies with how the magic works, I love the lore and stuff.

LuuKyK

JK just released a new writing about MACUSA (The Magical Congress of the United States of America) and its origins on Pottermore.

Pretty interesting. Also the last paragraph is about two characters that will show up in the Fantastic Beasts movie (Seraphina and Percival).

There was also this pretty cool animated short that was posted alongside the writing:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pj4TltFJJKk

If you want to do a recap of all the writings and read them all in order of release start here and here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom