• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

I'm getting worried guys and gals.

Cato

Banned
On Friday someone came into my workplace showing major symptoms, she was coughing none stop and said how lightheaded she felt, but our manager made her too afraid to go home as she needed her to help with meetings.

I've been developing a nasty ass cough and during my night out to celebrate my birthday I got a really bad fever and had to go home early.

I'm hoping I'm just overthinking this and it's just a random passing bug but a part of me is kinda shitting it, not for my sake but my family.

I think this is karma for my Corona posts.

I'll always remember you all, especially Elektro for his shit posts and MHK for being my brother in arms.

Gonna get some rest as it's late here and I'm finding it harder than usual to breathe so will try and stay still and sleep, I'll wake up to your posts of glee to my impending death x

Night fuckheads x

Sorry about that. But there is silver lining.
Send me your entire videogame collection immediately and I will keep it as a tribute/shrine for you.
You pay shipping since you won't need money anymore.

Nah, don't worry. It is not corona.
Anyway, it would take a week or more to go from exposure to getting full blown symptoms. Not a couple of days.
It is likely just normal seasonal flu. This time of year there is a bunch of colds and flues that goes around in europe.

(Avoid being elderly with preconditions and you will be just fine.)

Last edited:

Cato

Banned
for 2 days i try to walk into my grocery to get some ice cream and coke

fuckin lines everywhere which is highly unusual

motherfucker is PACKED

fuck it ill just drink peasant water

corona fucking shit

Use some of the wifes cosmetics and put some color on your cheeks.
Spray your face liberally with water mist so you get all shiny and have small droplets everywhere all over your face.
Tell the people in the line you are not feeling so well and if you could cut the line instead of having to line up close to them for however long it takes.

Wham bam. Everyone lets you cut just so you get out of there as soon as possible. (or they will just abandon their place in the line and just run away)
See it as an opportunity, not a crisis.

Last edited:

GamingKaiju

DonJorginho DonJorginho

Don’t go into work, you must self isolate get friends and family bring you food if needed. Plenty of fluids and paracetamol, Ibuprofen if you continue to feel breathless then ring 111 and seek medical advice.

Don’t go to the Doctors
Don’t go to Hospital unless you are advised to do so after assessment.

Inform anyone that you have being in contact with that you aren’t feeling well and possibly best that they consider self isolation

It just could be flu but because Corona has very similar symptoms it’s hard to tell them apart.

Keep well OP you’ll pull through.

Last edited:
DonJorginho DonJorginho

Don’t go into work, you must self isolate get friends and family bring you food if needed. Plenty of fluids and paracetamol, Ibuprofen if you continue to feel breathless then ring 111 and seek medical advice.

Don’t go to the Doctors
Don’t go to Hospital unless you are advised to do so after assessment.

Inform anyone that you have being in contact with that you aren’t feeling well and possibly best that they consider self isolation

It just could be flu but because Corona has very similar symptoms it’s hard to tell them apart.

Keep well OP you’ll pull through.

DonJorginho DonJorginho

Don't do ibuprofen - the anti-inflammatory effects may worsen your symptons if it is COVID-19:

DonJorginho

Banned
Update via CoronaTV:

Your boy is self isolating, got the shits last night too so erm that wasn't nice, just playing PREY last night and felt my ass about to rupture like a Mimic in a teacup so I ran out of there and had a long long painful shite.

Am currently chilling in bed with a cup of Horlicks and am gonna work on some music later if I feel better, for now it is just takeaways, using the en suite, sleeping and shitposting on GAF.

DESTROYA

Update via CoronaTV:

Your boy is self isolating, got the shits last night too so erm that wasn't nice, just playing PREY last night and felt my ass about to rupture like a Mimic in a teacup so I ran out of there and had a long long painful shite.

Am currently chilling in bed with a cup of Horlicks and am gonna work on some music later if I feel better, for now it is just takeaways, using the en suite, sleeping and shitposting on GAF.
:unsure:

Update via CoronaTV:

How is this any different to usual?

Last edited:

Croatoan

They/Them A-10 Warthog
Pro tip, do not use NSAIDs (Ibuprofen/Aleve, etc) when trying to lower your fever. Only use acetaminophen (Tylenol).

Taking Ibuprofen or other NSAIDs while sick with COVID-19 could possibly make the virus more potent and raise your chances of being hospitalized, or dying.

Also don't take any steroids you don't have to take as they could also cause you to die from COVID-19.

cnn.com/2020/03/16/health/coronavirus-ibuprofen-french-health-minister-scn-intl-scli/index.html

Multiple Doctors are now warning people of the dangers of these drugs with COVID-19.

Last edited:

Croatoan

They/Them A-10 Warthog
Is dipyrone allowed?
No idea as I have never heard of that drug. I would contact your doctor before making any decisions.

Based on Wikipedia it is better than NSAIDs.

Adverse effects[edit]
Metamizole (dipyrone) has a potential of blood-related toxicity (blood dyscrasias), but causes less kidney, cardiovascular, and gastrointestinal toxicity than non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs (NSAIDs).[5] Like NSAIDs, it can trigger bronchospasm or anaphylaxis, especially in those with asthma.[6]

One of the reasons NSAIDs are bad is because they fuck with kidneys, which is one of the organs COVID-19 attacks.

Last edited:
Top Bottom