• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Import game stores in LA or the surrounding area?

Bebpo

Banned
Anyone know of any import game stores within a 50-100 mile radius of LA? I know of Hyper-game-action but looking for other ones. Specifically ones with websites with store phone numbers so I can call before making a 50+ mile trek =P

Defensor

Mistaken iRobbery!
WarPig said:
You can also try Japan Video Games in Pasadena, www.japanvideogames.com.

DFS.
I think you mean Game Star in San Gabriel(next door to Montery Park). Anyway, japanvideogames.com is their site. I shop there for my import needs. here:

710 W Las Tunas DR Ste 1
San Gabriel CA 91776-1156
U.S.A
Tel: (626) 281-9282 Fax: (626) 458-6845

fse

GameDude.

Gamedude.com

12104 Sherman Way,
North Hollywood, CA 91605
Hours: 11am to 7pm PST 7 Days a Week
Phone: (818) 764-2442
E-Mail: gamedude@gamedude.com
We stop buy-backs at 6:30pm!

forgot if they import.

bjork

We carry imports at my work, but the owner wants $80 apiece for them.

My discount varies from game to game, most I pay is $60.

Bebpo

Banned
bjork said:
We carry imports at my work, but the owner wants $80 apiece for them.

My discount varies from game to game, most I pay is $60.

Where do you work?

Personally I'm looking around for someplace that got XSep2 today and if I found one I wouldn't mind paying around ~$100. All the places I've called say thurs/fri though which is no better than NCSX's thurs estimate :(

Eggo

GameFan Alumnus
You can try Cosmo games in Westwood on Westwood Blvd. Don't have a phone number on me, but you can find one through a careful google search. I've done it.

T-Games on Sawtelle Blvd. (West LA) is like a Hyper Game that went off on its own.

Might want to try Gameland in Torrance on Hawthorne Blvd. I think they're down to one store now.

El Papa

I bought my Japanese Dreamcast at Game Star. There's also Game Domain in Glendale on Colorado, accross from the Glendale Galeria. I'm not sure if it's still called game domain, but I used to buy stuff there all the time.

fennec fox

ferrets ferrets ferrets ferrets FERRETS!!!
I just want to say that Game Dude is without a doubt the sleaziest game shop I've ever been to in my whole life. It's worth a visit just for that.

At no other game store did I have to sign a contract when paying for a game with cash.

Top Bottom