• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

In case you guys were too hyped and missed it, here's today's Stadia connect.

GHG

A1xE.gif

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
It's like Google just saw what Nintendo has been doing for years (Direct) and what Sony, Microsoft, Ubisoft, EA, and others are doing now because of COVID and thought "If we want to have a game platform, we have to make some sort of pre-recorded show where crazy looking people who are working from home introduce new games."

NickFire

I feel bad for people who bought into this thing. They probably feel like I did with my Sega CD and 32x strapped to my Genesis. All those attempts to convince myself that I didn't waste every penny I spent, knowing full well I would undo all of it with a time machine.

Guilty_AI

Gold Member
Stadia has some of the most cringeworthy marketing campaign i've seen, it almost feels intentional

Last edited:

Bernkastel

Ask me about my fanboy energy!
A new member will join the family soon

Last edited:

KOMANI

KOMANI

Bomberman R
Dead By Daylight
Hitman World Assassin Trilogy
Serious Sam 4
Outriders
Sekiro
Hello Neighbor Hide and Seek
NBA and PGA 2k21

Elder Scrol1s Online Leaving Stadia Pro

Saved you a click.. send me royalties.

It’s not Bomberman R from a few years back. It’s Super Bomberman R online where 64 players battle it out much like Tetris 99. It’s also timed exclusive.

carlosrox

Banned
Was this a stealth Direct?

I never heard there was gonna be one.

Stadia has seriously just been embarrassing from the very start. I'm almost at the point of feeling bad for them but then I remember they work for Google and are probably already quite wealthy.

This "from home" PR/virtue signalling got old and annoying already.

Last edited:

PresetError

Neophyte
I have no doubt Google could make Stadia work eventually. I have no doubt I don't want that business model to succeed.
I'm sure Google won't have the patience, commitment and dedication to push Stadia forward.

Until unlimited, cheap, high speed internet is ubiquitous, data centres are in every inhabited area of earth, and these companies work out how to alter the laws of physics, streaming just isn't going to work, at least not as anything more than a tertiary service that proper platforms have as an optional extra.

Still, for Google to have fucked it up this badly is impressive.

They'd have done better by having zero adverts and saying nothing about it, thereby creating an environment where nieve curiosity would at least entice hapless idiots into giving it a try.

Top Bottom