• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

In the US, PS5 is now trending 5% above PS4 and 87% ahead of PS3, while Xbox Series trails Xbox One by 10% yet leads Xbox 360 by 6%

I had a 360 and was looking forward to the next Xbox. Until they revealed it and showed to the world their cunning plan of using the console to watch tv.

Microsoft has been pretty forthcoming since the beginning that they aren't a console gaming company.

Their goal has always been to leverage gaming for other means whether that be capturing the living room and television or now GamePass and becoming the Netflix of gaming. It's just not going to work, but it will do damage to a lot of people and companies along the way. Microsoft will be unscathed though.

TonyK

Interesting. Have you been buying physical games on Xbox or just digital only games?

My next question would be, if you've been buying digital-only games and are also (understandably) not sure if Xbox would survive as a console brand, does it deter you from buying any digital-only games that you won't be able to sell if the brand goes under?
I only buy digital since PS4, and all my digital library was in PS4 and PS5. And I must say I had a hard time when the time to buy my first full price multi platform game arrived (it was Dead Space remake). I know it must be silly for anyone, but for me was a struggle to start buying 70-80€ games for a new console where I don't have a previous digital library and I'm not sure it will have continuation in the future.

In fact, even today, each time a new multi platform game I'm interested in is released I suffer the same struggle. I even forced myself to return to PS5 for multiplatform as I don't trust in the future of the Xbox brand, but I simply can't return to the digital library of the PS5. It's a total mess compared with the library of Xbox, that is similar to Steam where you can sort anything exactly as you want. And for me, that feature and Quick Resume, has become essential to enjoy a big digital library.

I think PS5 is perfect for a physicial game library or for a small digital library. But if you have hundreds of digital games, in my opinion the PS5 library becomes a mess. It's like Netflix, something full of content but where you don't have real control over the content. And I don't like that. I prefer the Steam approach.

mckmas8808

Mckmaster uses MasterCard to buy Slave drives
Those are the ones that people talk about. Those are the ones that have really made the brand in its modern form.

If another game makes me walk slowly for 10 minutes while somebody waffles on as part of their “deeply emotional” and “cinematic” storytelling, or grabs my camera for the 20th time to make sure I can see how nice the background looks, I’ll kick off.

Fuck man, games used to have a cutscene at the start of the level and one at the end. Now the whole thing is a cutscene.

Just the other day I was fantasising about a new Syphon Filter game.
But then I realised they’d just modernise by trying to make into an interactive film. They’ll put the camera over the shoulder. They’d focus on the ‘atmosphere’. It would feel like every other game.

Games used to feel a lot more different to each other. I know they wouldn’t bring back the lock-on system for a Syphon Filter of the Danger Meter.

It would just be cinematic this and vibes that. Fuck!
Have you played this game?

Ps5 GIF by PlayStation

2d0812_30bbbda325e844b18e08c225b66a967emv2.gif

giphy.gif

Top Bottom