• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Inside Team17, following the Worms NFT firestorm Staff speak out on pay, working conditions and management failures

Soodanim

Gold Member
Same old story. Public company needs to satisfy shareholders, wages stay the same or get worse while workload increases to try and force that into being by squeezing blood from a stone, it becomes a shit place to work, board wonders why that doesn't translate to 100% success.

In companies like that nothing changes until they're forced into it by falling profit, so when Team17 is making record profit you know they won't give a shit about whether the people at the bottom are paid enough to live on or not.

Staff are clinging to a dream, but they need to wake up and realise they're better off elsewhere if it's that bad.

TVexperto

doesnt surprise me now that the ready or not devs cancelled (?) or abandoned their team17 agreement and are now sole publishers

Fare thee well

Neophyte
I think I've seen some of the worst management and marketing decisions of my entire gaming life in the last decade. I don't know how it is that so many games get a management team that hasn't even spent a year of their life coding or playing a video game themselves.

Last edited:

Trimesh

Banned
It's the UK - one of the major reasons I got out of that place was that at pretty much every level UK managers are utter assholes. Observing the typical UK PLC from the inside is like watching a fractal of retardation.

The senior management suck balls
The middle management suck balls
The supervisors suck balls <--- I was here

And if you're a supervisor that isn't a complete cuntish asshole then you get hassled by the middle managers about why you are being so unreasonably reasonable.

Top Bottom