• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Insider Gaming: Ubisoft Currently Has 11 Assassin's Creed Games Planned

Draugoth

Gold Member
assassins-creed.jpg

Insider Gaming understands that the remake has only just been greenlit, but comes following their report that the publisher is going “all-in” on the series.

• Assassin’s Creed Mirage [Single-player] (production) – October 12, 2023
  • Assassin’s Creed Nexus [VR] (production) – 2023
  • Assassin’s Creed Codename Jade [Mobile] (production) – Expected 2023
  • Assassin’s Creed Codename Red [Single-player] (production) – Sources Suggest 2024
  • Assassin’s Creed Codename Hexe [Single-player] (pre-production) – Expected 2025/2026
  • Assassin’s Creed Codename Invictus [Multiplayer] (pre-production) – Expected 2025/2026
  • Assassin’s Creed Codename Nebula [Single-player] (concept/prototype) – Unknown
  • Assassin’s Creed Codename Raid [Multiplayer] (concept/prototype) – Unknown
  • Assassin’s Creed Codename Echoes [Multiplayer] (concept/prototype) – Unknown
  • Assassin’s Creed Nexus 2 [VR] (being discussed internally) – Unknown
  • Assassin’s Creed Black Flag Remake [Single-player] (just greenlit) – Unknown
Ubisoft Sofia, known for co-developing Assassin’s Creed III: Liberation and Assassin’s Creed Rogue has pitched Project Nebula – An Assassin’s Creed title that will have three different settings; India, Aztec Empire, and Mediterranean.

Ubisoft Chengdu has pitched Project Raid – A free-to-play 4-player co-operative title that will be PvE. It’s believed that the title’s characters will all be from the Assassin’s Creed universe.

Ubisoft Annecy, known for developing the multiplayer portion of games like Assassin’s Creed and Splinter Cell, as well as co-developing The Division 2 with Massive Entertainment has pitched Project Echoes, which has been described as a multiplayer title that will use Ubisoft Scalar technology.

Zathalus

You know what would be cool? A fantasy Assassin's Creed spinoff. With dragons, spells, and a unique setting.

Why not focus on one or two and make them good instead?
Because then most of their 500 studios would have to shut down or work on something else, which Ubisoft probably isn't too keen on. Im assuming the main reason we're getting this many AC games is that their other established series aren't doing too hot and forays into new genres/IPs have mostly fallen flat. They simply don't know what else to do, so they'll just commission enough AC games to keep everyone busy.

Aesius

Red, Hexe, and Nebula should be Roman Empire, Feudal Japan, and Late Middle Ages England (Robin Hood).

ToTTenTranz

Banned
To be honest, they just need to make the Ninjas/Japan one (Red) a good game. Please no more AC in western countries and even the middle east will start to feel repetitive at some point.

One of them is mobile and 3 are multiplayer. So many multiplayer ones means they're going for a CoD-like cadence instead of following the Division/Destiny model.

It could also be that those multiplayer titles ship together with a single-player game, just like CoD.

YuLY

I'm still waiting for the Ancient Rome one, gladiators n all, and then they probably already did most of the big periods I was interested in. Wouldnt mind some more medieval europe ones, we never got a proper knights and castles one, I guess Hexe fits the period, but depends what they focus on.

I have zero interest in the mobile or multi player games. But for those of us that enjoy the single player AC games, which there are millions of fans, why don't you just let folks enjoy their game?

I Simply don't see the need for "shut it down, kill it, stop it". What's it to you if others enjoy it.

When I saw the multiplayer titles, thought what the fuck, but then remembered that I actually had a fun time playing the multiplayer of 3, with the disguises and such

simpatico

I don't understand the need for an ACIV remake. It still absolutely rips on PC and has certain parts that still hold their own today depending on TOD and surroundings.

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
The only AC game I played was the original game on 360 as a demo.

But I'd play one of these upcoming games if the plot is infiltrating UBI head office to assassinate employees so they stop making AC games.

DAHGAMING

Gold Member
5 single player games, I asume this is a 8-10 yr plan so not to bad especialy if its a mix of tradiontal (Mirage and Hexe) and RPG (Red) games.

Top Bottom