• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Insider Gaming: Starfield First Expansion could be revealed soon

Agent_4Seven

Tears of Nintendo
WNrwd6t.gif

Topher

Gold Member
And Phil doing that in one interview knows exactly what can of worms he opened and was way more damaging than people here predicting Starfield to PS5 which like the fake ;) Heisenberg007 Heisenberg007 said was part of the leaks

Yep. The potential for PS5 ports is going to be the elephant in the room for every single Xbox release going forward and that question will be asked. Folks can complain about that and call it "port begging" if it makes them feel better, but it is what it is.

What an odd thing to say. What does Phil Spencer's comment about Helldivers, a point that is called out routinely in many topics here mind you, have to do with this? Does that make it OK in your eyes to shit up every Xbox game related thread because Phil Spencer said something elsewhere?

Because Phil Spencer's comments is just as much "port begging" as anything else. Whining about "port begging" is shitting up threads just as much as the "port begging" itself.

Varteras

Gold Member
Yep. The potential for PS5 ports is going to be the elephant in the room for every single Xbox release going forward and that question will be asked. Folks can complain about that and call it "port begging" if it makes them feel better, but it is what it is.

Because Phil Spencer's comments is just as much "port begging" as anything else. Whining about "port begging" is shitting up threads just as much as the "port begging" itself.

Aren't exclusives anti-consumer now anyways? 🤔

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?

You're talking about one Phil Spencer quote, which has been widely mocked on GAF as port begging, as a universal pass to do the same in every Xbox thread. It's quite the shaky argument you've got there Toph.

Anyway, like ManaByte ManaByte said, the port begging in every single Xbox related thread has gotten very annoying and it doesn't look like it's going to be stopped any time soon, so Xbox fans should probably just ignore it.

200.gif

Last edited:

Topher

Gold Member
You're talking about one Phil Spencer quote, which has been widely mocked on GAF as port begging, as a universal pass to do the same in every Xbox thread. It's quite the shaky argument you've got there Toph.

Anyway, like ManaByte ManaByte said, the port begging in every single Xbox related thread has gotten very annoying and it doesn't look like it's going to be stopped any time soon, so Xbox fans should probably just ignore it.

That "one Phil Spencer quote" was a hell of a lot more substantial and impactful than this.....

Expansion to PS5?

And that is a legitimate question whether you like or not. If that one "quip" triggers you so much then you are going to have one hell of a time in the coming years. So yes, you just gave yourself some really good advice. "Ignore it". Phil Spencer made certain this will be a question going forward.

Awkward John Krasinski GIF by Saturday Night Live

Last edited:

JimmyRustler

Gold Member
So judging from Starfield history reveal soon, release in 2026?

This studio has become such a joke. Playing Elden Ring it just boggles my mind that From made this in 3 years and it took Bethesda 8 years to make Starfield. Especially considering everything in Elden Ring is hand made and most of the stuff from Starfield is generated. Unbelieveable.

JayK47

Oh yeah. I pre payed for this garbage. I rarely preorder, but this is definitely one of those times I regretted it. They are obligated to shit out at least one expansion. I highly doubt it will redeem the game. I do not believe this game will have a redemption arc. Only community mods can improve this game. Not fix. Improve. That along with a price under $20 may make this game worth playing in 5 years.

Mortisfacio

With CyberPunk and BG3 around this game, I never gave it an honest chance, but I gave up around arriving at Neon (I spent 10 minutes getting coffee for a quest and didn't want to play after that).

With updates and expansion, will probably check this out again down the road.

dispensergoinup

Gold Member
I was so excited for this game, then after about 65 hours I realized I was just going through the motions, not really having fun with what was being offered. Didn't finish.

So maybe this DLC will fill it out with more hand made locations ? I'm not sure what will fix this game for me but I'll definitely wait on a sale and look at some review videos before I dump a $20 on it.

Oh and options to make Sam and his daughter shut the fuck up while on my ship.

diffusionx

Gold Member
Come on Topher, that's such a bad analogy. He said one remark in one interview. Meanwhile every single Xbox thread is full of port begging quips, something that used to be a ban-able offense before. You can't have a single Xbox related thread on GAF without this crap here these days.

You know all this.
Nobody actually wants a port of this crap game, it’s trolling. Everyone has moved on. I am sure Microsoft will port it at some point, because why not, but it will die as fast as it did on Xbox and PC.

ecentre

I played it and it was decent enough, but no I don't want to go back for any DLC.
Cred for them giving more value to the game.
But I don't predict much sales if they charge money for it I'm afraid.

Oh yeah. I pre payed for this garbage. I rarely preorder, but this is definitely one of those times I regretted it. They are obligated to shit out at least one expansion. I highly doubt it will redeem the game. I do not believe this game will have a redemption arc. Only community mods can improve this game. Not fix. Improve. That along with a price under $20 may make this game worth playing in 5 years.

Yup that's how i feel excepti dont see them ever turn thid around. The structure of game, the writing, the padding, the engine problems related to traversal, the boring exploration. Bethesda of all companies doesn't have it in them to do the insane amount of work that would be required to fix this.

i paid $100 for this pos

Arsic

Loves his juicy stink trail scent
I’ll definitely play it.

The hate boner for this game on here is massive. It lives rent free in peoples heads.

Me? I enjoyed my 75 hours and moved on. Glad to dive back in for more.

mystech

Starfield is one of the few games I absolutely regret buying digital. I just don’t get what went wrong here… We just wanted Skyrim in space. No Man’s Sky with a story. Bethesda seemed like the perfect studio to create that but the result was a game that literally puts me to sleep.

I can’t count how many times I’ve tried to play Starfield only find that my character has been walking into a wall for who knows how long from me dozing off. On the bright side, I do often suffer from insomnia and Starfield seems to get through that without an issue.

Jaybe

Starfield is one of the few games I absolutely regret buying digital. I just don’t get what went wrong here… We just wanted Skyrim in space. No Man’s Sky with a story. Bethesda seemed like the perfect studio to create that but the result was a game that literally puts me to sleep.

I can’t count how many times I’ve tried to play Starfield only find that my character has been walking into a wall for who knows how long from me dozing off. On the bright side, I do often suffer from insomnia and Starfield seems to get through that without an issue.

I read that after 12 hours it gets good.. but I was far too bored after 3 hours and deleted it

salva

I'm keen as to jump back in when this releases!
Haven't played for months, but thoroughly enjoyed it.

....incoming LOL emojis and reeeeeees

Top Bottom