• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Insomniac Games Office Tour

Zeenbor

I remember when I went there during E3 that it was pretty cool. I especially liked their drink selection. Their building is really weird though... It's on-top of a garage and the front entrance is not facing the road... It's facing that Golf and Volleyball area. Incredibly confusing to try to just drop someone off and pick them up later. On another note ... Burbank is kind of crap... Very suburban. Very boring, it seemed.

Even with how awesome their office is and how great their company is, I felt no regret when declining an offer from them the following week. As silly as it seems, the main reason was location and better opportunities elsewhere. It's pretty odd to say that about a place like Insomniac, because it's clearly a AAA developer with great prospects.

mckmas8808

Mckmaster uses MasterCard to buy Slave drives
Zeenbor said:
Even with how awesome their office is and how great their company is, I felt no regret when declining an offer from them the following week. As silly as it seems, the main reason was location and better opportunities elsewhere. It's pretty odd to say that about a place like Insomniac, because it's clearly a AAA developer with great prospects.

I have to ask what company did you choose over Insomiac? You said yourself that they are a AAA dev. Who could be better?

Mooreberg

is sharpening a shovel and digging a ditch
mckmas8808 said:
I have to ask what company did you choose over Insomiac? You said yourself that they are a AAA dev. Who could be better?

Double Fine has monty burns style money fights every thursday afternoon.

GashPrex

NeoGaf-Gold™ Member
mckmas8808 said:

just a little research tells you....

Pandemic Studios, LLC. :: June 2005 - Current

- Confidential Project - Graphics Programmer [Xbox 360/PS3] - (June 2005 - Current)

Confidential.

GashPrex

NeoGaf-Gold™ Member
you devs always seem to have your own personal websites and of course you always host your avatars at them

mckmas8808

Mckmaster uses MasterCard to buy Slave drives
GashPrex said:
just a little research tells you....

Pandemic eh? Did they make that war game? What is it called? It starts with a 'M'. Well my interest has risen for whatever you say from here on out.

Ironclad

mckmas8808 said:
Pandemic eh? Did they make that war game? What is it called? It starts with a 'M'. Well my interest has risen for whatever you say from here on out.
That would be Mercenaries.

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
mckmas8808 said:

Mercenaries. Full Spectrum Warrior. Destroy All Humans!

ah crap, i didnt refresh the page :p

Rlan

After watching it, it DOES look like a very nice little place to work! :)

I still stand by my story comment though :D. R&C3 has a horrible ending.

POR SKEETS. Nothign ends up happening to return non robots to normal, unless I have to play through it twice or something :\

golem

haha i wonder when this was filmed.. gotta berate my boy for not hitting on that reporter chick as he walked by ;P

Kiriku

SWEDISH PERFECTION
Cool place, and the girl looked nice...but her voice resembled that of a whiny geek, at least in the beginning. :p
And who the hell picked that music? It's the most uninspired drab piece of crap I've heard in a long time.

Amir0x

Banned
Zeenbor said:
Heh, oh shits! Someone is smart! :)

Just do us all a favour and make half-hints when you know if Mercenaries 2 is in the pipe lines.

Just be like "Oh, man, I really hope there's a sequel to Mercenaries too." [WINK]

Amir0x said:
Just do us all a favour and make half-hints when you know if Mercenaries 2 is in the pipe lines.

Just be like "Oh, man, I really hope there's a sequel to Mercenaries too." [WINK]

See, look what you've done. Now that everyone knows you're a dev, you have to field questions like this.

That is why I never tell anyone that I'm actually Shigeru Miyamoto. I'm sick of all the fucking Zelda questions.

Top Bottom