• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Introducing The GPD Win Max 2

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman

Full Spec List

- 2 SSD slots, 1x 2280, 1x2230
- 2 SD slot, 1x full SD, 1x MicroSD
- LTE (optional)
- Camera
- HDMI + 3.5mm Headphone Jack
- Touchscreen with active pen support for 4096-level pressure sensitivity; compatible with surface pen
- 2 Rear user-mappable buttons (like win3)
- 2x USB-4, one with eGPU support (Intel via TB4, AMD via USB4)
- 3x USB 3.2 with 10GB/s
- 16/32 GB LPDDR5 Ram (Intel - 5200MT/s, AMD - 6400MT/s)
- 10.1 inch native landscape narrow bezel display 1600p set at 1200p within windows
- HALL Sensor Analog sticks
- Analog Triggers
- 3+3 6-axis gyroscope
- Magnetic covers for game controllers
- Fingerprint reader power button
- 4 speakers (front and side firing)
- 65 wh battery (edited)

daveonezero

Banned
The fact this thing has a controller built in seems really stupid.

That guy in the video likes this form factor though.

I don’t have a problem with the size or hardware. But no one is going to use the controls and over a dedicated game pad or just a mouse.

Boss Mog

The steamdeck has made all those machines irrelevant though. Due to having a custom APU, Valve is able to get more performance and the price is about half of these Chinese machines to boot.

Boglin

I think the form factor looks ridiculously uncomfortable but a lot of people who actually have the original Win Max swear by its form factor. Unfortunately it's not something that will be available at any retail stores so I won't be able to test to see how I'd like it in my hands.

Who is designing their hardware? Why are they putting speakers where your hand is going to cover up when holding the device you'll end up feeling the audio not hearing it :p

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman

The all-new God Win Max 2 is coming and it looks amazing! 2 co u options are available, The AMD Ryzen 6800U with RDNA2 680M iGPU and the Intel Alder Lake 1260P with Iris Xe graphics! It has a 10inch display and is loaded with Hall sensor joysticks, Up to 32GB LPDDR5 Ram, and a 2TB NVMe SSD, this is going to be an awesome handheld gaming PC WITH NORE POWER THAN THE steam deck!

Last edited:

Bullet Club

The All New GPD WIn Max 2 is here and better than ever! In this video, we take a first look at one of the best handheld gaming PCs we've seen so far! packed with an insane amount of tech and 2 CPU/APU options The Intel Alder lake 1260P or the Ryzen 7 6800U! We do a quick unboxing, go over the specs, run some benchmarks and test out some Hig ens emulation like PS2 using PCSX2, PS with RPCS3 and Switch emulation using YUZU.

Bullet Club

The GPD Win MAx 2 Is Here And offers some Amazing EMulation performance! In this video, we test out some high-end emulators on the Intel Alder lake version of The GPD Win Max 2 Handheld gaming PC like WiiU, Switch, PS3, PSP, Dreamcast, Gamecube, and even Orginal Xbox, SPoiler Alert It can run them all!

Bullet Club

It's up on Indiegogo.

kOiopSB.jpg

fFsB5jz.gif

I don’t really get these products. If I’m gonna spend minimum of $899 I’d just buy a entry level gaming laptop..

Plus Steam Deck being less then half of this price means I’d grab a steam deck before my of these Chinese handhelds.

Sleepwalker

Imagine holding this laptop thing in public like a retard lmao.

Really dont get the point when you can probably get a nice laptop with a 3050/3060 for a similar price.

rodrigolfp

Haptic Gamepads 4 Life
I don’t really get these products. If I’m gonna spend minimum of $899 I’d just buy a entry level gaming laptop..

Plus Steam Deck being less then half of this price means I’d grab a steam deck before my of these Chinese handhelds.
Laptops are not handhelds and those are more powerful than the Deck?

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman

00:00 - Introduction
02:00 - Core Parking on 6800U. Does it help at lower TDPs?
08:44 - Initial Summary of wide-scope TDP testing
10:00 - Batman Arkham Knight 800p High Settings
14:12 - Borderlands 3 800p DX12 High Preset
16:11 - Cyberpunk SteamDeck Preset 800p
17:50 - Deus Ex Mankind Divided 800p Ultra
20:22 - Red Dead Redemption 2 800p Balanced Preset
21:44 - Shadow of the Tomb Raider Lowest Preset no AA
22:03 - Strange Brigade 800p Ultra Vulkan Backend
22:34 - WWE 2k16 800p High Settings
23:00 - How Do I Do The "Phawx Tweaks"?
29:54 - Conclusion - SteamDeck Vs. GPD WinMax2 6800

Tams

Lots of complaining by people who have no interest in such a device.

You lot are as bad as those who go, 'gaming laptops suxxxxx!'. Grow up and stop shitting on other peoplecs parades. A device like this is not for you we get it.

Last edited:

Tams

Who is this device for?
Someone who travels a lot, likes to game, but also needs a proper computer.

Or, say a student. No, many do not need or even want a desktop.

Is it really that hard to think of what others may do?

Someone who travels a lot, likes to game, but also needs a proper computer.
Those should rather buy a regular netbook and connect a proper pad to that?
The physical keyboard probably doesn't add much weight, but makes the form factor awkward.
Or a Steamdeck or Aya whatever it is called and a Bluetooth keyboard would be more sensible. Imho.
But I also have a colleague who would buy a phone with physical keyboard since he always liked his blackberry but sank it in water and never found a modern replacement. No idea how anyone could not prefer glide typing but most of the people are still hammering onto their smartphones with their thumbs, so old habits are hard to kill.

Last edited:

Tams

Those should rather buy a regular netbook and connect a proper pad to that?
The physical keyboard probably doesn't add much weight, but makes the form factor awkward.
Or a Steamdeck or Aya whatever it is called and a Bluetooth keyboard would be more sensible. Imho.
But I also have a colleague who would buy a phone with physical keyboard since he always liked his blackberry but sank it in water and never found a modern replacement. No idea how anyone could not prefer glide typing but most of the people are still hammering onto their smartphones with their thumbs, so old habits are hard to kill.
Considering that the netbook market has been abandoned by everyone but GPD (and some far worse other Chinese OEMs that produce nothing that can game at all), what do you suggest?

As for Bluetooth keyboards... have you actually tried going around using one? It gets old very quickly. Finding somewhere to prop your device. Finding somewhere to put the keyboard down. Yet another damn device to keep track of and the charge of.

The Win Max would provide an adequate, if cramped work laptop, and a decent enough gaming machine (if the Steam Deck is good enough, this is).

Suggesting getting a Steam Deck doesn't make sense, largely because you simply can't get one, but also because it would be yet another thing. With the Win Max, you could fit it into a manbag or purse, or have it take barely any room in a larger bag.

Then, even if they got a Steam Deck, a decent light laptop with similar specs would being the total cost to about that of the Win Max.

I think it's perfect for a student. I would have gotten one if one were available when I was one.

I won't get one as I'm not a student nor do I travel much. And I can afford all sorts of fancy gadgets. That's not most people. That said, even I could see a use for it for me.

Honestly, I think you live on a different planet and just can't do the mental exercise of putting yourself in somone else's shoes.

And I have sympathy for your colleague as I find glide typing terrible. I just make do with the touchscreen only present as other features trump a keyboard for me, but I miss the physical keys I used to have.

Last edited:
Top Bottom