• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

iOS Hidden Gems

elfinke

Sword and Glory

Generic name, but the game is far from it. It's almost like a lite version of King of Dragon Pass combined with a roguelike-esque lineage mechanic and one-on-one duel combat

You have one life to build your village, explore and complete quests, upgrade, and amass riches and fame. When you die, you play as your descendant; your riches are lost but other stuff carries over

And the art style is cool and different
[/img]http://11fc9vasy8fou131.zippykid.netdna-cdn.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/06/sword_glory.jpg[/img]

And it's free with no ads and IAP is for impatient players only, absolutely not needed to fully enjoy the game

If you enjoy Space Miner, you guys need to check out Starborn Anarkist. You create and customize your spaceship and then fight against enemies and bosses. It's more frantic bullet hell, arcadey, but the customization is very deep and allows for various playstyles

Bought/downloaded both of these yesterday. Didn't end up firing up Anarkist, due to time contraints, but I did play a whole bunch of Sword and Glory. It's great! Looks fantastic on iPad3, the animations are really rather detailed and very fluid (high framerate helps), it sounds neat and has just enough random elements that it avoids being totally repetitious (especially between lineages). It revolves around combat and the system they've built is quite intriguing. Just as importantly, it's clear the devs were very aware of the limitations of the iDevices, and thus they created a system that leans itself almost perfectly to the platform. No hard buttons necessary!

Thanks for these recommendations!

Heel

Bridgy Jones

I'd put it in my top five of 2013. It's a bridge building physics game with a solid art style and excellent touch controls, which allows you to carefully manipulate your design little by little until you've aced the level requirements. Those requirements extend beyond "get across the gap without breaking your bridge" as seen in other bridge games. Also, the game is varied by the fact that you control the train after you've built the bridge. There's a lot of hairy situations where you must alter your speed and finesse your train to the goal before your bridge crumbles into dust. Great fun, especially when you're going for the medal challenges which can be quite difficult when they limit the resources you can use to accomplish your goal.

Here's what I wrote when it came out:

Bridgy Jones is excellent. It definitely scratches that World of Goo itch. It also ended up getting a 9/10 gold award review from Pocket Gamer.

I usually don't get into the "get 3 stars" type of games, but this is an exception. The game doesn't make you start from scratch with each high score attempt. You're restarting with the same bridge you've built, fine tuning it little by little (with a nicely thought out control scheme, by the way), attempting to use as few resources as possible while maintaining a structure that doesn't crumble.

You also get 4 medal challenges per level with different requirements, so you'll end up building 2-4 different bridges in each to accomplish the goals (limiting your use of specific resources, getting to an out of reach collectible on the map, not dropping any cargo etc.).

screen568x568.jpeg

screen568x568.jpeg

Jharp

Hoplite
iTunes | Trailer

screen568x568.jpeg

Hoplite is a turn-based strategy game focusing on tactical movement around small maps.

• Challenging gameplay that makes you think before you act. Every move counts!
• Make strategical choices to upgrade your abilities.
• Earn achievements and unlock access to new upgrades.
• Procedurally generated levels give a new experience every play.
• No in-app purchases. Access the full game without ever having to pay more.

Reposting because this game kicks ass.

Auralux: A simple RTS game with very simple controls. It's perfect for touchscreen gameplay. It's also the only game that has run my phone battery down in a single sitting.

It's free (you pay for more scenario packs).

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.wardrumstudios.auralux

https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/auralux/id604580669?ls=1&mt=8

Cool, I found an interview with the dev and he does mention Eufloria as an inspiration.

Eufloria is my suggestion for this list. Not sure how hidden it is, but it's kinda old at this point so people may not have heard of it.
8Gdq4lC.jpg

Like Auralux, this game is basically an RTS simplified down to its simplest elements. You basically play these little seed ships and take over asteroids by planting your trees on them. The attributes of the asteroids affect the attributes of your ships (health, speed, and strength I think). In addition to ship creation trees, you can also plant defensive trees to protect your own asteroids from enemies.
4GkuPTf.jpg

One of my favorite things about the game is how far out/in you can zoom. You can zoom all the way out to see all the different asteroids on a map, of you can zoom all the way down to see all the details of your ships as they fly around and shoot lasers at the enemy ships. The audio is also effected by this, you'll hear the lasers when you are zoomed in.

It's a seriously beautiful game and very chill and slower paced to play. I think there's a fast forward button/slider that lets you speed things up. At least on my Android devices (Nexus 10 and Note 2) it can be a pretty resource intensive game, so don't be surprised if you get some battery drainage or performance hits if you have hundred of units on screen.

Android has a free demo, but I'm not sure if iOS does (can't check iTunes at work right now).
iOS: https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/eufloria-hd/id484072119?mt=8
Android: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.omnilabs.eufloria.demo
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.omnilabs.eufloria

ON/OFF
iTunes | Trailers
This is one great puzzle game. It plays like a 2D Rubik's Cube, continually adds new block types, never holds your hand, has a nice minimalist style and dozens and dozens of levels

SEQ
iTunes | Trailers
From the same developer as ON/OFF. Same hefty amount of content, same minimalist style, same free/full game unlock model as ON/OFF, but with its own cool puzzle mechanic. It almost reminds me of a mix of number based crossword and Sudoku, as you fill in grids by linking numbered tiles.

AntiVirus
iTunes
AntiVirus is a puzzle game of the harder variety. The concept is easy: send commands to the blue "programs" in order to push blocks. You are limited to 10 commands per program and level. It starts out very simple and gets unreasonably difficult towards the end. Patience and good logic skills are a must to beat this game.

screen568x568.jpeg

Membrane
iTunes
A mind-bending original puzzle game! Eliminate blocks by matching 3 or more of the same color, but watch out - colored membranes prevent certain blocks from passing through! How far can you get?

screen568x568.jpeg

Chess Light
iTunes
Chess Light is a puzzle game inspired by chess for everyone: from Beginner to Grandmaster.
- 140 puzzles
- 6 difficulty levels
- Hint system
Place the pieces on the board and light up all the squares!

screen568x568.jpeg

1Path
iTunes | Trailer | Thread
1Path is a puzzle and action game with minimalist nifty graphics.
In 1Path, players tilt their device to steer a tiny circle and guide it to various nodes separated by obstacles. Why is this circle going through so much trouble, you may ask? Well, to save his friend whose colors have been unscrupulously stolen...
Redefine the connecting game with 1Path!

screen568x568.jpeg

PILE
PILE is a fast-paced puzzle game that you won’t be able to put down!
Easy to learn but full of subtleties, PILE will require you to think fast and elaborate strategies to survive as long as possible while scoring a maximum of points!

screen568x568.jpeg

Kelly
Travel through a dynamic world between the clouds, avoiding all kinds of obstacles.
Play 15 levels, and earn up to 3 stars by completing them within time limit.

1.png

Bike Mayhem Mountain Racing
Downhill mountain bike racing like never before. Race down beautiful trails, smashing over rocks and roots, boosting huge jumps, scoring insane trick combos, unlocking better bikes and gear for bragging rights as the King of the Mountain!

screen568x568.jpeg

Jarsonot

Space Miner is a great Asteroids-like with upgradeable gear and missions.

You fly around in your ship shooting asteroids, collecting ore for your uncles space mining operation, which is close to defaulting.

It has a great sense of humor and great controls, upgrading your ship is a great carrot. I've found myself going back and replaying this one a few times.

DirtyLarry

Not sure if it has been mentioned already, but Bouncy! Trampoline is an awesome little game that I think utilizes a simple touch control scheme perfectly.

You are a rabbit who jumps on a trampoline and can do flips. But it really is all about precision and perfect timing. Truly recommended, and I spent hours playing the game on the numerous breaks throughout my day when it was first released. Even held the #1 spot on the leaderboard for a small time. Love this little game, and thought the developer was releasing it on Android, but it never happened.

Awesome art style too...

screen568x568.jpeg

Currently on sale for free

Trigger
iTunes | Trailer
Trigger is a party game for 1-4 players. Each player has their own button that controls a little running/driving dude. Your goal is to take out all the other players and be the last one standing. The trick is that you can only turn right by pressing your button. Every character starts with his/her own tank as a tool for eliminating their opponents. You can turn and shoot bullets at the same time. If you get hit by another tank while driving you fly out of it and land on the ground. While grounded you are in trouble if you do not hurry your way back to an empty tank. A hit while running around is fatal. There are different types of levels and power-ups that mixes up the gameplay. Trigger is best played with your human friend but the game also features computer bot players so that you can have a fun time practising on your own.

screen568x568.jpeg
screen568x568.jpeg
I first learned about Trigger today and it has quickly became one of my favorite same-screen multiplayer games since Wrestle Jump.

Essentially each player (or player if you're fighting bots) has a button in a corner of the screen; tapping it simultaneously rotates your tanks 90 degrees and shoots a projectile. This simple control scheme makes what could have been mindless arena combat into a hectic game of skill, positioning, timing, close calls, and near misses as you evade enemy shots and plan out your movements. Power-ups grant you abilities such as laying down mines in your wake and bouncing projectiles, adding more strategy to the gameplay. Getting hit isn't the end; instead you find yourself on foot, forced to race back to an empty tank. The graphics are charming and colorful, as you fight among everyday items like pencils and erasers (all of which are physical objects and can be pushed around).

Trigger can be played against AI bots, and solo, the game is still pretty fun, but of course the best experience is fighting against other people. I recommend checking Trigger if you're looking for a fun multiplayer game or just something fast and hectic to play when you have a few minutes to spare.

Release
iTunes | Trailer
Release is an arcade shooter like you’ve never seen before. Hold off the hordes of unique and challenging enemies as they swoop in to destroy you. Collect power-ups to help you on the road to victory. Winning only takes one thing, just wait…. and RELEASE! Bright vivid colors matched with a retro theme will give you the feel of an arcade game with a modern edge.

screen520x924.jpeg

Causality
iTunes | Trailer
A beautiful re-imagination of a classic puzzle game. 240 hand-crafted levels spreading over 8 chapters. Start from the most basic and face new challenges brought on by the mechanics introduced in each chapter.

screen568x568.jpeg

Vector Swarm
iTunes | Trailer
A fast paced endless runner combining both shooting and dodging!
Use tilt controls to fly your ship through obstacles while shooting them for points.

screen568x568.jpeg

super ccatch
iTunes | Trailer
super ccatch is about one simple rule: catch your color and avoid the others.
- Made for fans of reaction games and high score hunters.
- Enjoy seven tracks of great chiptune music by sombreronegro.
- Share your high scores on Game Center and compete with your friends and players all around the globe.

screen568x568.jpeg

QB1-0
iTunes | Trailer
A lone pilot cut-off from home is trapped in a strangely familiar, toroidal pocket of two-dimensional space.
Navigating an ever-growing shower of rocky planetoids the situation is growing desperate as numerous strange and aggressive space-dwelling entities attack.
Only fast reactions and a large slice of luck will ensure your survival in a fast-paced, retro arcade shooter.

QB10_1.gif
screen568x568.jpeg
QB1-0 released in 2012. It received a Universal update in May, a new trailer in June. I just discovered the game today. Searching online, I couldn't find a single review and that's a damn shame. If you're a fan of arcade shooters, I recommend giving OB1-0 a try.

At first, I wasn't feeling the game, mainly due to the controls. They're relative touch, but not your usual v-stick style. Instead, your ship is perpetually moving and firing and dragging your finger rotates your ship. It's definitely a different movement style that takes some getting used to, but the controls work well, revealing themselves to be very maneuverable and responsive, allowing you to spin on a dime. That level of maneuverability is key to survival here; within a wave or two, you're dealing with more than simple asteroids. Dangerous enemies begin emerging: quick homing rocket-spewing ships, slow ships that leave bullets in their wake, ships that unleash blasts of lightning that streak across the screen. The frantic action ramps up fast and power-ups that provide extra lives, upgrade your firepower, and more only add to the chaos.

QB1-0 isn't just a fun game, but a stylish one as well. There are some Geometry Wars influences, from the area backdrop warping beneath you and the geometric shapes, but in the midst of battle, with particles and projectiles and ships and asteroid debris flying everywhere, QB1-0 stands out as a visual spectacle. Adding to that spectacle is the fact that the arena is "open", with you, your enemies, projectiles all warping around the screen.

Compared to other games in the genre, QB1-0 is very bare bones. You won't find any extra modes, or upgrades, or different ships to unlock. You won't even find an options menu. But you will find a stylish frenetic arcade shooter with responsive controls, that fills the screen with particles and enemies and bullets, and for that reason, I think QB1-0 is worth checking out if you enjoy these kinds of games. You can purchase QB1-0 for $0.99

INTERNET

SERIOUS BUSINESS
I've spent about a week playing tons of shitty puzzle games and a few really good ones from the past few years. A particular standout is Vaccine Case, which unfortunately seems to be Japanese and completely unsearchable on the App Store, so follow the links to the lite version above, or from the developer's page.
ocRdWVe.jpg

Your job is to murder every bug with the matching color gas by toggling doors and stuff. Killing one or more bugs dissipates the cloud in the room it is contained in, so often you will close off a closet full of a color to save it for later before releasing it on the critters. No crummy tutorial, nice ramp up in difficulty, and constantly bringing new ideas without new gimmicks. Later on there is a mixing fan that combines primary colors to secondary, and secondaries to a uniform brown. It's super good, 2.99 for the full version, with a lite version that is a completely reasonable slice.

Avoid Dots by Iyoda
https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/avoid-dots/id889721877

GimmiQ by Shun Kanmera
https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/gimmiq/id870794499
---
Circuit Coder is a very neat puzzle game. Depending on your schooling it's awfully familiar and outright work, but I still enjoy patching together logic gates to get the correct output.

Just got this. Awesome puzzle game and educational at the same time. Thanks for posting about it!

Nimian Legends: BrightRidge
Trailer
Relax and enter BrightRidge - a virtual safari for iPhone, Android, Mac and PC. Explore a world where violence is optional and exploration is the key. Experience total freedom as you run, swim and even fly anywhere in a large 3d world, unlocking new abilities and learning the legends and lore of BrightRidge. Discover BrightRidge and its beautiful forests, raging rivers and mountain peaks.

1fH2V5h.jpg
screen520x924.jpeg
Just discovered this game today. This isn't an RPG or an action game. This is pure exploration and discovery in a sprawling open world that encompasses mountains and forests, ruins and temples, and more. If you're hoping for something action-heavy, you won't find that here. You can hunt and fight the animals and ecosystem that exists in the world, but there are no quests.

But if you find enjoyment in new vistas, in just going out and exploring and discovering what lies ahead, you should definitely give Nimian Legends a try

Matt Frost

I already posted this on the main iOS thread but I re-found (found, forgot and found again) this thread so its a better fit here. I will be adding more of my hidden gems to this thread soon. First is Worm Run, my favorite 2D endless runner, from Golden Ruby Games.

worm_run3.jpg

Since Time Tangle has taken the endless runner throne yesterday and today it reinforced that feeling, I have to mention the game that had the throne from 2012 until now: Worm Run from @GoldenRubyGames, an amazing indie studio from New York. It arrived in early 2012 and to this day still holds the crown -in the 2D realm now- to this day.

In Worm Run, you control a space miner that were about doing his business with his jetpack, collecting grubies (the currency) until a giant and freakishly cute giant space worm sets his eyes on you to feast on your meat. And you have to run from it. By do that you have to swipe in the direction you want to go to, there are 8 directions you can go to, and the jetpack trapped on your back does the job quite nicely. The controls are tricky at the beginning but after a few tries they click and without them, the game wouldn't be the same. The developers wanted you to feel how of a giant space worm with very sharp teeth chasing you from behind feels like, terrifying, and with a simple tap to jump this wouldn't have been achieved, instead they came with the perfect combination: frantic swipes to guide your character through the path, which is filled with lava pits -for example- and many nooks and hidden corners that makes the environment, in combination with the controls, work so well, and mostly your character sticks to the wall you you are frantically swiping in the direction you want to go, plus the worm always behind you, shaking the ground as it get closer. This is the soul of the game and it does it so, so extremely well and good. Then the game keep getting harder and harder for each of the 4 different "levels" the game offer, with another interesting twist: as you keep playing further, the game unlock different types of obstacles, so the more you play the more difficult and deep it becomes. Lucky for us, the game feature a wide arrange of plenty of useful powerups. You can choose how many you want to use and each have two upgrades -I only use the bomb and the skunk juice, both fully upgraded- so these adapt to your play style. There is ice, which makes walls non-sticky, a rocket, a magnet, ... These are made with a lot of style and love. The whole game is a letter of love to gaming. It also features missions, giant grubies and plenty of things to upgrade all with ease. The are many many more quality touches everywhere on this game, but I dont want to spoil it all. I will leave something for you to discover on your own.

f52e5469b51b49ee0a2aa3f5b34e8d10_large.jpg

The is IAP and a gruby doubler (I got that, 2$ for a game this good is a no brainer), but just look at it and you will see that is just there for the impatient. Truly, the only game I can say that. The most expensive IAP costs 4$ and gives you everything in the game three times over... maybe four times over. The game has revives but they follow certain rules, like only activating when you are beyond your high-score and only twice then. Fair.

I can't recommend that game enough, its my favorite game on iOS along with Out There and Time Tangle.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wPcEVbyXObI

https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/worm-run/id569497239?mt=8

Seriously, buy this game.

This is actually written by the (adult) son of one of my work colleagues so I like it when I see other people praising it. It helps that it's a good game as well.

My brother's fingers were all greasy when he was playing Hoplite on his ipad the other week and when I went to use it I just saw all these greasy spots in hexagonal patterns. I lulled then I put it back down immediately and asked him to wash him hands.

Matt Frost

14-1024x576.png

Another one of my favorite games is Time Surfer, from the developer of Beans Quest or the game you all should have by now, Duet.

Time Surfer is… well, there was a time, two years ago, when a game about a not-so-happy-cause-it-cant-fly-on-its-own bird game came out, taking the charts around the world and giving everybody a huge smile on their face. Yes, I am talking about Tiny Wings –another game you should all own by now-. Tiny Wings also brought a countless hordes of clones that used that mechanic, but among them was one, quite special, that while fed on that mechanic, couldnt be called a clone. At all. Time Surfer has so many things going for it that could be even better than Tiny Wings. The moving mechanics remains the same from its inspiration but around it Kumobious has built a much more rich and varied gameplay -to name a few: spikes, gaps, and other hazards to avoid, meteors and baddies to smash and plenty of ítems to help you out such as power-ups, like the magnet or the boost, or planets to grind,.... And you are a surfer, and will be going forward trough endless waves of the universe -discovering new áreas- that is collapsing behind you. A never ending –depends of your skill, your iPhone battery and if you want to play this the rest of your time, all the time (its worth it)- blast to play. There is a ton to do gameplay-wise that will keep you busy and happy while playing it, because nothing feels better than gaining speed, grinding planets and smashing anything that comes across your path. There is a fun array of help too, like the best part of the game and why is called Time Surfer.

You have the ability to rewind time, so when you eventually die, and with this power –after all, you are a time god- so you can make that mistake all over again –I usually rewind time to make it worse than before-. Or to hit that rock you missed, or to get that power up you left behind. It has a lot of useful applications, except the ability to save myself –for me-. But you cant keep this act going on forever, you need fuel, and this comes from little orbs scattered through the scenario, which aside from being the fuel of your power, it serves as the game currency to buy all Kumobious added to the store: multiple skins, trails and much more -the game features a coin doubler and coins in the form of IAP, but they are not nessesary at all, at all-. It also serves as the currency to buy pets. You unlock pets as you level up from doing missions, and they have some exciting abilities, like being able to survive a pit fall, small speed boost and many more.

All this combined makes Time Surfer not only a game by its own merits, but one of the best game on iOS, pretty much holding the Crown of endless runners along with Worm Run or Whale Trail –yes, aside all that freemium shenanigans-. It was released two years ago, on january- and still feels unique and addicting to this day. I play it almost daily and dont plan on stop any time soon and you should do it too.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d41W4a1u8bo

https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/time-surfer/id549361775?mt=8

mejin

Got my ipad air last month and I'm still surprised with so many interesting games. You guys helped me a lot.

The Little Crane That Could
https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/the-little-crane-that-could/id408257810
A realistic physics simulation gives you full control over the crane: rotate, elevate, bend, extend and grapple. You'll soon see that driving and operating a crane is so much fun.
scene3.png

Chopper Mike
https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/chopper-mike/id599026157
Chopper Mike is a challenging, fast-paced, arcade helicopter time trial game featuring super smooth graphics and amazing controls.
mzl.kozvjpmb.480x480-75.jpg

Cavesweeper
https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/cavesweeper/id821242940
Reveal the soul gems of monsters in this addictive puzzle game inspired by Minesweeper, NetHack, and Diablo. Fight your way through the deadly cavern, defeating enemies, finding loot, and meeting crazy characters who will assist you on your quest. When you play Cavesweeper, no two games will ever be the same!
screen1136x1136.jpeg

La Leyenda del Chupacabra
https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/la-leyenda-del-chupacabra/id869093251
In the most desolate, cursed desert you are crawling in the dark, craving for blood...
Some believe you arrived from space, others think you are a demon from hell. They call you "El Chupacabra" and fear the biped shadow who attacks by night, sucking the blood out of goats using its sharp teeth.
Everybody wants to catch you dead or alive. And you're out of luck unless you master the arts of hiding in the shadows.
nIISVKIbhmLRIY7o2wIwTy4Bm_iBhJ3bDtFPp9HHwtZldIBcNu4yOttlViWJRP3XO1g=h310

Grooh
https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/grooh/id495098812
Grooh is a cute (and lazy?) monster that loves pineapples.
Today, Grooh decides to explore the abandoned "Feilong Castle". There's a huge dragon printed on the entrance door!! But most importantly, rumors say that there's a secret treasure hidden there, and *who knows*, maybe it's full of pineapples?
That's why you, oh mighty player, should help Grooh to find the treasure!
screen02.png

Aqueduct
https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/aqueduct/id377544857
Welcome to Aqueduct – a world of jumbled waterways and mixed-up pipelines. It's up to you to rearrange the tracks and restore the flow.
Locked gates, shifty conveyor belts, puzzling warp portals, and more stand between you and order. With just over 250 unique puzzles, Aqueduct delivers hours of mind-invigorating fun.
screen1136x1136.jpeg

Dark Guardians
https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/dark-guardians/id834997332
Between a runner game and a rhythm game, Dark Guardians awakens all your senses.
Fight monsters of darkness and travel across fantastic and mystical landscapes.
Dark-Guardians-01-640x360.jpg

jetjevons

Bish loves my games!
IOS really has matured into a must have platform. I'm staggered by the range and creativity of some of these recommended titles.

R-Cube
iPhone, $2.99
A puzzle game where you roll a cube to collect different shaped stamps to like-shaped tiles. Offers various game mechanics such as stamp bridges and collapsing platforms, over 100 stages

K5ufCZf.jpg

Kuub
Universal, $0.99
Kuub is a hybrid of old-school block shuffle games with refreshing new elements such as forcefields, bombs, magnets and even color mixing! Simple by nature, challenging and addicting to perfect!

ipad_4.png

A few under-the-radar releases worth checking out

Don't Drop That - Free
Don't Drop That! is a minimalist arcade game that will piss you off!
Random shapes are dropping into the boiling plasma, causing a catastrophic chain reaction and overflow! You, piloting the ultimate stick, must catch those unstable shapes to save all humanity. This is no easy task, as you will have to adjust your thrusters to compensate for the mass of each shape you catch. If you drop too many, the plasma will consume all!
dontdropthat.jpeg

Bipolarity - Free
Bipolarity is your next impossible game.
The perfect mix between the simple control of the casual games and the flavor of the classic arcade games of the 80s.
But don’t be confident, Bipolarity will put your skills, reflexes and finger synchronization to the test.
And don't forget: Avoid the walls.
bipolarity.jpeg

Mosaic - Free
Mosaic is a puzzle game about simplicity, but that doesn't mean that it's easy.
If you know the game Lights Out, you will already understand the premise of Mosaic. To win, you need to turn on all the color squares on the screen.
Screenshot61.png

Page Flipper - Free
The NEW style of "Simple Casual" game! How quick are your reflexes?
Quickly step on the correct square to avoid being crushed by the flipping page!
With quick and accurate instinct, you can flip more pages.
Level up your character by collecting more cubes on the page as fast as possible.
pageflipper.jpeg

Color Sheep
Color Sheep is a fast-paced arcade game in which players change Woolson’s color to match oncoming wolves by mixing different intensities of red, green, and blue light. An intuitive swipe-based interface makes forming combos a breeze. When Woolson is charged, tap him to release an incinerating laser blast! Magical items dropped by enemies summon fantastical nature spells to protect Woolson and smite the evil lupine invaders. With over twenty color combinations to master, three difficulty modes to choose from, Game Center leaderboards to climb and achievements to unlock, Color Sheep is easy to learn but hard to put down!
screen568x568.jpeg

The Weaver
Use logic to fold the lines and match colors with a simple and stylish interface over 150 levels.
screen568x568.jpeg

Strung Along
https://itunes.apple.com/app/id916441987
Take control of a puppet as you literally walk your way from start to finish!
Strung Along lets you control a wooden stage puppet step by step, literally. Avoid obstacles by walking, jumping and grabbing onto things. The game features a wide array of different acts with platforming, balancing and timing puzzles. There is also the endless mode to perfect and practice your moves and stay upright as long as possible.

screen520x924.jpeg
Reminiscent of QWOP and the recently released Daddy Long Legs, Strung Along takes the act of walking and crafts a tricky platformer around that simple task. You control a puppet through numerous levels, one button for each leg. Extend too far in a single step or tumble off a platform, and you’ll snap the strings holding up your character and be forced to restart. The levels start off simple enough, with only steps to climb and gaps to cross, but soon you’ll be walking along moving platforms, hanging from hooks, and jumping over barrels. Between level times and step pars to beat, as well as an endless mode, Strung Along offers a nice amount of variety and content for free. The colorful stage play aesthetic completes this fun challenging experience.

Transmission
https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/transmission-connect-to-communicate/id917778256
Transmission, a new puzzle game from the Science Museum, challenges you to create increasingly complex networks, weaving connections to communicate ever greater amounts of information.

screen1136x1136.jpeg
The most apt description of Transmission would be LYNE meets Type Rider. Type Rider was a platformerthrough the history of typography and fonts, and in a similar fashion, Transmission is a puzzler fashioned around the history of communication. Created by Science Museum to promote their upcoming Information Age exhibit, Transmission has you connecting and filling in nodes, a la LYNE. However, this isn’t a clone; each chapter is based on a new era of communication. From the simple one-use paths of the Telegram, to multiple receivers of the Telephone, to more mechanics inspired by Computers, Satellites, and more, Transmission uses its concept in numerous clever ways, offering challenging puzzles and a polished presentation.

Tap Lander
https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/tap-lander/id911284114
Pilot your lander through increasingly large and perilous caverns in this retro-styled arcade game.
Avoid numerous hazards and collect fuel as you use your precision flying skills to land your ship safely.

screen1136x1136.jpeg
Tap Lander is a Lunar Lander-style precision game. The controls are simple - tilt to move horizontal, tap to active your thrusters. The basic controls and minimal vector graphics belie Tap Lander's challenging gameplay. Set in twisting claustrophobic levels, you must navigate through tight corridors with limited fuel; one touch against the walls or any of the hazards means restarting. It's a game of extreme precision and finesse, with responsive controls and great level design. The initial download grants you 12 "Novice" levels (don't be fooled, even the Novice levels are tough), and $1.99 IAP unlocks 36 increasingly difficult and complex levels.

heringer

Hey guys. For fans of SRPGs like FFT, Fire Emblem and Shining Force, I would like to leave a recommendation, it's a little gem called Tactics Maiden.

Get past the rough presentation and you will have a deep and challenging strategy game with plenty of customization options and a brilliant AI.

Tactical Maiden is also a fresh take on the genre because in most scenarios you need to play on the offensive if you want to win. You need to conquer outposts (which are spawn points for your units) and pillars (which raises the unit cap of your army), and if you don't the enemy certainly will, overwhelming you in the end.

There are 85 different scenarios to play, which will take you over 30 hours of playtime. Plenty of bang for your buck. There's a story connecting the scenarios, and so far the writting is ok.

There's a lot of customization options too, with hundreds of different equipment pieces as well as dozens of different classes and special skills. Also, when your units level up you can manually distribute stat points in the attributes you want. There's plenty of depth.

The first 10 scenarios are free, if you want the full version there's a $5 unlock.

Here's a couple of reviews if you are interested:

http://toucharcade.com/2014/09/29/tactics-maiden-review/

http://www.pocketgamer.co.uk/r/iPhone/Tactics+Maiden/review.asp?c=61654

Play Store link:

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.mangobile.tacticsmaiden&hl=pt-br

putermcgee

Deep Dungeons of Doom (iTunes):
This game is only for the brave. Dungeons await, each one deeper, each one more perilous and each one more challenging than the last.

You will meet monsters and you will need skill and tactics to defeat them. You will find weird and wonderful treasures along the way. You may choose to play as a Crusader, a Witch or a Mercenary - each one may well be required if you are to successfully complete your quest! The reward for your endeavours? The Deepest Dungeon of Doom. Never before has such evil existed on such a massive scale. Only the most battle-hardened rogues will stand a chance of making an impact.

screenshot-1.png

screenshot-3.png
DDoD was originally a F2P title where you could play up to a certain point before hitting a pay wall. It also allowed you to buy coins via IAP which are used for various things, namely skills for the individual characters. They just released DDoD on Steam, so it looks like they had done some significant rebalancing in order to make it a paid/premium game. Those changes were implemented in the iOS version, and so now I think it's about $5.

am_dragon

Starbase Orion - (The primary reason I won't buy an Android phone.)
  • 4x similar to Galactic Civilization
  • Good learning curve, easy to get into yet very deep gameplay
  • Single and multi player
  • Dev continues to support and update
This one might seem a bit expensive but if you love 4x games and you want something mobile this is it.
Pocket Tactics - Starbase Orion’s long road to perfection
Quote "Today, Starbase Orion is one of the deepest, most polished, and most accomplished strategy games on mobile. It’s a Swiss clock of a game, and it’s one of the few games on iOS that can credibly claim to rival PC titles in complexity. Two years of continuous post-release development will do that for you."

Galactic Civilization iTunes
Developer Site

Finally got Pixel Defenders Puzzle, easily my favorite match-3 RPG. Better than 10000000

Found this game recently. A free hidden gem of a platformer

Mercurial Story
Mercurial Story speak about a moody guy and his eternal fight between Anger and Happiness.
Play through 18 levels in this Puzzle - Platform Game with a strange Gravity!
While he is Happy the moody guy can double jump and the gravity faces down, instead when he is Angry the gravity faces up and he is unable to double jump.
Try to complete all the levels and get all the 18 Pills.

vC41NK2eqoX3bgCEaPlR4ZXUrbAJ10P8EAkv5IKo4k4rcFJ1IhOV4xV8mOT7SfyfBQ=h900

Furiosity
Strip away every layer of the game, not mindlessly, but by logical thinking.

uHt3_fAgwtHyQr1BYjjNzg_GuUJIqfi6faOtWue_iVM1RJwUCP7VLPDqw94PQg3mGKa4=h900

It's from the dev of Sugar, Sugar. It's a really simple yet not so simple puzzle game. Basically there are 144 levels and each one, you're presented with a colored grid. Your goal is to change the entire grid to a new color by tapping tiles. But the twist is that every level, the rules are different and you need to discover each level's logic on your own. One level, tapping a square might cause all adjacent tiles to change color. Another, all tiles in that row will change. The rules become more complex with each level.

Just a cool challenging puzzle game that's minimalist in its presentation and mechanics

Just discovered Euclidea, a very elegant and polished math/logic puzzle game. Not numbers like Threes or 10, but geometric challenges
http://www.euclidea.xyz
https://appsto.re/us/D_cK2.i
Free, with $2.99 IAP to remove ads
Euclidea is all about building geometric constructions using straightedge and compass. About doing it the fun way. With Euclidea you don’t need to think about cleanness or accuracy of your drawing — Euclidea will do it for you. But it’s a also a game. A game that values simplicity and mathematical beauty. Find the most elegant solution — the one, which is built in the least possible moves, — and you’ll get the highest score.
explore.gif

Matt Frost

Some hidden gems, my favorites:

Tetrobot & Co
Gesundheit!
Blast-A-way
Divide By Sheep
Blockwick 2
Boson X
Polara
Hoplite
80 Days