• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Is it just me, or have captchas become remarkably difficult and tedious in the past week?

jcorb

I noticed it literally just a few nights ago trying to post something on reddit. I legit sat there dicking with the captcha for about 10 minutes, before I finally just said "fuck it" and closed the window.

I also noticed another pretty obnoxious one today, where the images were *extremely* pixelated and blurry, I feel like you'd get a headache if you spent much time looking at them.

Did reCAPTCHA make some kind of change or something recently?

Dacvak

No one shall be brought before our LORD David Bowie without the true and secret knowledge of the Photoshop. For in that time, so shall He appear.
I think it’s comical to think that AI can’t solve captchas probably better and faster than humans. Why do we even still have them?

NeoIkaruGAF

Gold Member
I think it’s comical to think that AI can’t solve captchas probably better and faster than humans. Why do we even still have them?

FlBIQc9.jpg

Dr.D00p

Gold Member
May the inventor of CAPTCHA suffer a long, slow death of cock cancer.

Which thesedays apparently, can be either a man or a woman.

Spyxos

Gold Member
I noticed it literally just a few nights ago trying to post something on reddit. I legit sat there dicking with the captcha for about 10 minutes, before I finally just said "fuck it" and closed the window.

I also noticed another pretty obnoxious one today, where the images were *extremely* pixelated and blurry, I feel like you'd get a headache if you spent much time looking at them.

Did reCAPTCHA make some kind of change or something recently?
How sure are you that you are human?

Drew1440

I've seen a few perspective ones where you have to rotate an object so it's viewed from a specific angle, I miss the days where you could just click I'm not a robot.

Kilau

They can be ridiculous, and the use of zeros and the letter O should be banned in all captchas and codes.

Yoboman

Yes I was helping a team mate create a Microsoft account the other day and it required scrolling through 5 images to find 3 matching icons and it had to be repeated 10 times. Clicking the wrong selection once was a fail and the whole thing had to be restarted. The captcha also seemed to be wrong itself a bunch of times.

Took about 20 minutes to get through it all

Pejo

Fun fact, captcha mainly uses your browsing patterns, history, and mouse movements to determine if you're a bot or not. Basically google uses all that data it harvests from you to determine if it's actually you.

If you're getting difficult captchas, that means either you're blocking their tracking, doing something suspicious, or they're not using recaptcha (the newer method).

This was a pretty entertaining video I saw a while ago that explains it.

*edit*

Fuck didn't even see that Revolutionary Revolutionary posted this a few posts above.

Last edited:
Top Bottom