• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Issue adding CC to my Xbox 360 -- getting 8C250005 error

Evil Calvin

Afraid of Boobs
I am deciding to buy a bunch of digital-only, non-BC games via my Xbox 360 before they all get delisted in July. I haven't bought anything from the Xbox 360 store in a looong time, so there were no credit cards added on it via payment options. I clicked 'add credit card' and spent a long time adding the card info and billing address. Every time I went to save the card info it gave me a '8C250005' error. I backed out and tried again. Same result. I Googled the issue and it said to access my account and add it online. I checked that and it showed my currently linked cards which I use on my XSX, but those two cards are not showing up on the Xbox 360.

So, anyone have this issue? How to resolve it?

DGrayson

Mod Team and Bat Team
Staff Member
can you add an xbox gift card instead? IE buy a gift card with your credit card and then do it that way. Not idea but a possible workaround...

Northeastmonk

Gold Member
I buy most of my games on their website and then they appear in my library when I turn on the console. I did this for Xbox Classics like Ninja Gaiden Black. Does the console store have different games than Xbox . Com ? Like how the Vita and PS3 stores have to be purchased with credit and you can only access the stores via the console.

Top Bottom