• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

It has been 0 days since a classified document was leaked on the War Thunder forums

How are people this dumb?

• Total voters

RavenSan

Off-Site Inflammatory Member
Sorry if it's the wrong forum, couldn't decide if this was gaming or off topic:

This is insane. How does this happen thirteen times. At this point I'm convinced this is some kind of elaborate plot/plan by someone.

Perhaps more importantly, how has there never been a thread about this until now?

calistan

Military geek with access to a bunch of old technical manuals wants to prove he knows more than the developers and players of his favourite game.

Unfortunately for him, that game isn't a super accurate hardcore sim like DCS World, it's frickin' War Thunder.

T4keD0wN

Sadly it's gaming related so we have to take the flak for these fucking idiots. 😔
Nah, we can just say that this proves that those thousand year old jokes about how military members are stupid are true.
argument-fight.gif

Spyxos

Gold Member
In fact, many of the restricted manuals are available for purchase on websites that appear to be legitimate, he said.

“So, some of the users purchase them and try to bring them to us, even though those documents are clearly marked as restricted,”

StereoVsn

With how over classified things are, if the govt doesn't want it on the internet then they should classify it.
It’s probably labeled as CUI and export controlled. Not everything is classified but even non classified information can be very much restricted for distribution.

I don’t think it’s a federal crime though unlike posting actual classified information, but not 100% sure.

Dream-Knife

Banned
It’s probably labeled as CUI and export controlled. Not everything is classified but even non classified information can be very much restricted for distribution.

I don’t think it’s a federal crime though unlike posting actual classified information, but not 100% sure.
An Eotech is export controlled, but look at Alpha's AKs. They all have Eotechs on them.

Top Bottom