• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

it is cool when rockstars call your cell phone

Status
Not open for further replies.
Vince Neal just called me. He was all "Hey, you doin anything tonite? I got nothing to do!" and i was like "Uhhh, i gotta go." and he was like "Oh so its like that huh?" and im like "Yeah, fuck you Vince MEAL!"

sc0la

Unconfirmed Member
MrPing1000 said:
unless u want us to hurt u
Look out, Mr.Ping is bout to get wicked on yo ass.

Edit:
I bet it was the guy from Modest Mouse.

He called Oxy, yelled "Get Off My Jock" and hung up. ;P

element

not related to games.

ben kweller gave me a call earlier in the week and his drummer john called me today.

calder

ben kweller? drummer john?

I think the thread title should be amended to it is cool when rock"stars" call your cell phone. ;)

Archaix

Drunky McMurder
calder said:
ben kweller? drummer john?

I think the thread title should be amended to it is cool when rock"stars" call your cell phone. ;)

Damn, I came in here expecting it to be Ben Kweller and was all ready to make that same joke.

ben kweller is only the most rocking rocker on earth. One time he was holding a concert on top of the white house, and the FBI came up and they were like 'NO CONCERTS ON THE ROOF' but Benny was like 'Did somebody say keep on rockin' and then whipped out his axe and played such an awesome solo that the FBI exploded, and like the president came out and he was all partying in his undies and going 'WTF'. And then Mr.T appeared and started beating up people

Pattergen

benkweller-nintendo-side.jpg

Volt

element said:
blah, i could talk about when issac brock called or when i wanted to punch james mercer in the face.

Why the heck would you want to punch James Mercer in the face ??
My gf and I are huge The Shins fans, and we demand an explanation (or hey : an autographed t-shirt or something when you next meet up with the guy :D) !!

element

yeah playing the NES!!

you will all worship him now. cocksuckers.

Why the heck would you want to punch James Mercer in the face ??
I went to a show and got to hang with James. He was talking about his moral conflict about how he loves Halo, but hates Microsoft. Went on and on and on about it. Maybe not punch, but perhaps a slap.

Issac called me when i was standing next to him at a show, mostly because the person i was with told issac to call that number and say 'you have a nice ass...'
My friend was having fun that night with Issac, see.

29.jpg

Issac is a cool guy, he has mellowed out a lot the last two years. Jail will do that to a person.

I'm a fan. I've seen him a couple of times in Dallas. A little strange in his live performances, not to mention he looks about 14.

My favorite song is "Falling", although I haven't heard his new CD.

Volt

element said:
.I went to a show and got to hang with James. He was talking about his moral conflict about how he loves Halo, but hates Microsoft. Went on and on and on about it. Maybe not punch, but perhaps a slap.

Phew, that sounds alot better than what I feared :)
I saw him and The Shins perform in Bruxelles a while ago, and it was a really great show. Afterwards I had a chance to chat with Marty, Dave and Phil Ek for a while, James himself was roaming around somewhere (too much Belgian beer ?). If I'd know he loved HALO, I would've had a better opening line than "you guys were excellent" ! :(

element

I got to meet Phil Ek as well, same show when Issac called me. My friend and I were sitting at one of the booths at Graceland (local seattle dive club), and this tall, thin, geeky looking guy sits down at our booth. He starts talking to this other guy, some DJ for some group (asian guy). Well all of us start talking and she tells a story about how she loves the end of Built to Spill CDs with the 'Hi its Phil, and here is a preview of the new Built to Spill CD...'.
Well this guy laughs, and says 'Well I know Phil pretty well, he can be quite funny at times...' My friend is like, you dont know phil. After a minute of childish 'you dont know phil' and 'yeah i do', he pulls his wallet out and we find out it is phil ek.

Later that night my friend goes and gets a beer and this guy cuts in front of her, so she punches him in the stomach (not hard, like joking). We then find out later it was Calvin Johnson that cut her.

That was a cool show. Dub Narcotic in the house!!

Volt

Right, well I'm envious now.. :D

The only rock 'n roll anecdote I can tell is that Dave Freel of Swell once signed a money bill for me. He just signed his name and then chatted for a while, and asked me how much the bill was worth. When I told him (was worth , like, 3$), he picked up his pen again and wrote "You Cheap Bastard" on the bill :)

I was really pleased to get to meet Phil Ek, he's really produced some of my fave albums. Too bad I only get to see decent bands of Shins/Swell/Microphones caliber once or twice in a lifetime, living in cloudy old Belgium :(

fart

Savant
element said:
I got to meet Phil Ek as well, same show when Issac called me. My friend and I were sitting at one of the booths at Graceland (local seattle dive club), and this tall, thin, geeky looking guy sits down at our booth. He starts talking to this other guy, some DJ for some group (asian guy). Well all of us start talking and she tells a story about how she loves the end of Built to Spill CDs with the 'Hi its Phil, and here is a preview of the new Built to Spill CD...'.
Well this guy laughs, and says 'Well I know Phil pretty well, he can be quite funny at times...' My friend is like, you dont know phil. After a minute of childish 'you dont know phil' and 'yeah i do', he pulls his wallet out and we find out it is phil ek.

Later that night my friend goes and gets a beer and this guy cuts in front of her, so she punches him in the stomach (not hard, like joking). We then find out later it was Calvin Johnson that cut her.

That was a cool show. Dub Narcotic in the house!!
that's awesome SHIT I NEED TO MOVE TO SEATTLE

element

i find myself talking to the band more often then anyone else at concerts. mostly because I go to shows that aren't big bands, or they are just starting to get big. I'll see someone in the band and say hello.
most people are pretty cool, only met a couple jerks.

Jerk List:
DCFC
Harvey Danger (Sean Nelson)

Super Friendly List:
Ben Kweller (duh)
Longwave
Verbena
Elbow
Broken Social Scene
Nada Surf

Status
Not open for further replies.