• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

It is official - Samurai Warriors Xtreme Legends for PS2

Rubeus

Koei announced Sengoku Musou Moushouden (Samurai Warriors Xtreme Legends) for PlayStation 2, an expansion disc to Sengoku Musou. The game will have 4 new playable characters, new techniques, level 6 weapons and new battle skills for each character.Sengoku Musou Moushouden is scheduled to release in Japan on September 16, for 4494 yen.

http://www.the-magicbox.com/gaming.htm

Baron Aloha

A Shining Example
*barfing roll eyes*

GIVE ME A MOTHER FUCKING BREAK!!!!

Just when I thought they couldn't whore Dynasty Warriors any more (and yes, I know technically this is 'Samurai' Warriors) Koei proves me wrong... yet again!!

MoxManiac

It's probably the four 'unqiue' guys like Hideyoshi and that fat guy with the makeup, yoshimoto? i think.

BEHOLD, THE CASTLE THAT WAS BUILT IN ONE DAY
WHAT GENIUS COULD OF DONE THIS YOU SAY??
IT'S HIDEYOSHI, HIDEYOSHI WE PRAISE!
HE BUILT THE CASTLE IN JUST ONE DAY!

belgurdo

Banned
Mrbob said:
4 new characters?!

Sweet!

It'll likely be Nagamasa, Hideyoshi, Yoshimoto (Heian guy?), and probably a new girl (maybe Nobunaga's actual wife, or one of Sanada's ninja hoes)

belgurdo

Banned
MoxManiac said:
What about Ieyasu Tokugawa? Mr. pointy hat wants playable action too!

Forgot about him. Does he have unique moves, or just the CAW set (been a while and I don't feel like playing it right now)

Link316

Banned
heh, had a feeling this was gonna happen, glad I've held off on Samurai Warriors, hope they iron out some of the complaints I've read about

Musashi didn't appear until the end of the civil wars, and he was a loser for many years. He didn't really fight any army battles successfully (unless you count him as a one-man army against 30 or so people).

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that
Koei must have some damn strong bones...those guys should have had a calcium overdose a long time ago. I don't know if I'm alone on this, but these Dynasty Warrior and Samurai Warrior add-ons never seem to be worth it, they usually seem like things that should have been included in the original game. You can't tell me that at this point Koei just doesn't hold back a few characters from the release so they can send out an add-on. But it sells in Japan, so why not?

How about grabbing the utters of something I would want to see get milked, like say Gitaroo Man.

Mrbob

Grizzlyjin said:
Koei must have some damn strong bones...those guys should have had a calcium overdose a long time ago. I don't know if I'm alone on this, but these Dynasty Warrior and Samurai Warrior add-ons never seem to be worth it, they usually seem like things that should have been included in the original game. You can't tell me that at this point Koei just doesn't hold back a few characters from the release so they can send out an add-on. But it sells in Japan, so why not?

How about grabbing the utters of something I would want to see get milked, like say Gitaroo Man.

I don't know if they purposefully hold things back. Like you said, the add-ons have always sold well. So I think the add ons are planned and whatever they can't have time to complete for the original game gets pushed off into the add on.

I haven't been a big fan of their expansion packs (Which is what they really are), but I am intrigued by Dynasty Warriors 4: Empires.

Top Bottom