• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

It really baffles me that we don't have a Kotor 3

How is that EA has the license and the studio that started it and refuse to give us what we want. kotor 1 and 2 are the only star wars games I ever cared to play.

There's a huge demand for it. I don't want to settle for a remake even though I think I would bite, but I want a modern Kotor3 and EA refuse to make games people want.

PS. They need to make another Def Jam too, but not like Icon.

Andodalf

Banned
When EA got the license Bioware was finishing up Inquisition and already making what would become Anthem and Andromeda. They could have one in dev now but obviously the studio is in a bad place., and already deep into Dragon Age 4. I have no idea how their teams are structured anymore.

Also: Not sure Disney wants to approve anything that doesn't fit into their new cannon and Kotor isn't fully canon.

Make it an action RPG akin to SW:JFO and I'll be game, but you need to remember thay the guys who wrote the story and dialogue of KOTOR 1&2 are looooooooooong gone from both Bioware and Obsidian.

Arkam

How is that EA has the license and the studio that started it and refuse to give us what we want. kotor 1 and 2 are the only star wars games I ever cared to play.

There's a huge demand for it. I don't want to settle for a remake even though I think I would bite, but I want a modern Kotor3 and EA refuse to make games people want.

PS. They need to make another Def Jam too, but not like Icon.

That bold bit hurts... I worked on that game. But I know exactly what you are saying. The fighting was horrible. But at least the UI was pleasing, the story was entertaining and the women were FINE!!!

I think the dream of KOTOR3 died when SWTOR failed. Now I wouldn't even trust them to try.

Reactions: Isa
BioWare and Obsidian tried pitching it many times but were unsuccessful. Sounds like it would have been interesting though.

Funny that you mention the series as I finished my third playthrough of the first game recently. It still holds up pretty well for an RPG.

Last edited:
That bold bit hurts... I worked on that game. But I know exactly what you are saying. The fighting was horrible. But at least the UI was pleasing, the story was entertaining and the women were FINE!!!

I think the dream of KOTOR3 died when SWTOR failed. Now I wouldn't even trust them to try.
Unfortunately without the fun gameplay, Icon destroyed the franchise. Everything that was loved from the original games were lost, and we were given a pretty shell. I was so heart broken how the game turned out.

MaestroMike

Gold Member
Played and beat KOTOR I & II on Xbox and really enjoyed them. Would've definitely purchased the third one. Haven't played any other Star Wars game since.

Even if the expanded universe was canon, it's been more than 15 years since KotOR II released. They would have to re-release the first two games first for new players to familiarize themselves with the story.

Last edited:
  • Thoughtful

jakinov

They have finite studios and finite money that they are willing to spend. Even though the game does have a cult following, they've effectively cancelled franchises they fully own (i.e. don't have to pay royalties) for selling more than KOTOR has.

LordCBH

Bioware is no longer capable of making great games like KOTOR, Baldur’s Gate, and DA: Origins. EA also doesn’t believe that a 30-40 hour RPG with bo microtransactions or multiplayer is worth making. I fully expect Drsgon Age 4 to be riddled with monetization.

Top Bottom