• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Itch.io Calls NFTs Scams and Aims an F-Word Towards Companies That Endorse Them

Itch.io? Not familiar. Should I know him?
It's an indie game/software storefront with an open revenue share model. It's fairly limited in terms of how you can pay for things, and has possibly even more of a 'tiny weird indie project' problem than Steam, but it's the original home of many beloved indie projects (since it costs nothing to publish there), and many DRM-averse people like it for generally not featuring any kind of DRM in the games sold there, much like GOG.

BreakOut

And now they have earned my follow! But for real that’s cool that they were so direct, fuck that shit. These “surprise mechanics” are the same as before. The difference being price I’m guessing based on the fact that they can tell you that you own them even if that’s total bullshit and makes no sense because it’s not real.

As we speak, there are 'companies' out there scraping music streaming APIs (Spotify/Youtube) and putting, if not the entire available catalog, a bulk of it, up on their 'site' as NFTs (artwork, sometimes music). This is without any permission from the musicians/artists! They are a fucking scam, and competing with others in blatant, rampant copyright infringement.

So yes, fuck NFTs sideways.

IntentionalPun

Ask me about my wife's perfect butthole
NFTs are stupid, but there are NFT's that don't ruin the environment, and those are the ones Ubisoft and anyone doing anything remotely "cheap" NFT wise are using, since the other guys literally cost like $200 to "mint" per NFT.

Pejo

I too say "fuck NFTs".

You may now begin showering me in deserved praise.

dance dancing GIF by ARTEfr

Top Bottom