• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

It's my birthday today...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jason

PoCowCan.GIF

White Man

I just want to know if you're at an age where you could still have happy birthdays before I waste the energy to type out the actual words.

EDIT: I am 24 in 5 months. By the time he was my age, Rimbaud had given up writing and had become a gun runner and slave trader in Africa. My life is forfeit.

EDIT DEUX: Wait a minute. . .21? By the time he was your age, Rimbaud had given up writing and had become a gun runner and slave trader in Africa. Your life is forfeit as well.

Mama Smurf

My penis is still intact.
White Man said:
I just want to know if you're at an age where you could still have happy birthdays before I waste the energy to type out the actual words.

EDIT: I am 24 in 5 months. By the time he was my age, Rimbaud had given up writing and had become a gun runner and slave trader in Africa. My life is forfeit.

EDIT DEUX: Wait a minute. . .21? By the tie he was your age, Rimbaud had given up writing and had become a gun runner and slave trader in Africa. Your life is forfeit as well.

Did you guys have some sort of contract with Rimbaud or something...?

White Man

1) Charles Baudelaire
2) Joris-Karl Huysmans
3) Arthur Rimbaud
4) Emile Zola
5) Honore de Balzac
6) Gustave Flaubert
7) Paul Verlaine (would be higher if he maintained his early standards)
8) Stephane Mallarme
9) oooo Gustave Moreau!
10) and, uhhhhh, Matisse

Alright, alright, I was reaching for 7-10. Especially when I had to start going for, ugh, impressionistic painters.

Anyway, happy birthday.

Mama Smurf

My penis is still intact.
White Man said:
1) Charles Baudelaire
2) Joris-Karl Huysmans
3) Arthur Rimbaud
4) Emile Zola
5) Honore de Balzac
6) Gustave Flaubert
7) Paul Verlaine (would be higher if he maintained his early standards)
8) Stephane Mallarme
9) oooo Gustave Moreau!
10) and, uhhhhh, Matisse

Alright, alright, I was reaching for 7-10. Especially when I had to start going for, ugh, impressionistic painters.

Anyway, happy birthday.

Well that blew up in my face.

Dan

No longer boycotting the Wolfenstein franchise
It's not that hard to "guess" your age when your birthday is in your profile.

border

White Man said:
Flaubert only makes #6.....and Dumas gets snubbed. Man, you're tough =)

White Man

I forgot about Dumas. He'd take the place of one of the painters at the end. As far as the Flaubert thing goes, the most important movements in 19th century France, to me, were the symbolist movement, and above all else, the Decadence.

Flaubert almost doesn't even seem French to me. He seems to have more in common with Russian humanism and proto-humanism. Interestingly, I think the proto-humanist/absurdist Gogol seems more French than Russian while Flaubert (nearly) seems more Russian than French.

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
well, I'm sick today, so I hate your Birthday.

anyway, Happy Birthday, Mr. Cow-of-the-Good

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom