• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

IT'S OFFICIAL reviewers that gave TLOU 2 positive reviews were afraid of being blacklisted by Sony and had to "keep with good terms with Sony"

Wwg1wga

It is broken, the Story is and since this isnt a Zelda or Mario but a Narrative Game, Story IS a big part of why People are attached to it.
And lets be honest, just look at the shit Cuckman has already said about the game, the people who complain about it and recpetion in general.
Does this look like a mentaly healthy Person ?
And why is no one allowed to express displeasure when Characters that they love get treated like that ?
Is it so hard to understand that getting a product thats intentinaly shit should be called out for it ?
true.

eCUxMiN.jpg

I don't think I've once criticized the game for have gay people in it.

The only "SJW" stuff I complained about is Abbys model and how weird it looks, thats about it.

So I'm not sure what you're accusing me of.
It was more of a generalized observation in regards to the hostility towards the game.

The problem is there are hundreds of people giving scores of 1-3 out of ten. Even on a bad day, even if the story was utter tripe and garbage, you're never going to arrive at pathetic low score like that.

Perhaps if we have a lot more scores like 7 or 8 out of ten those will add some legitimacy so we can actually zero in on the problems.

this is true, the story isn’t great imo. But 2-3/10? For a game with this level of production value? (Not to mention I personally think it plays great) but even if the story was a 0/10 for you it deserves at least a 5 at the very lowest - making it 0-3 out of ten is just stupid.

semicool

Banned
I personally found the first game to not be fun. 5/10 for me in terms of fun factor. The gameplay was dated then. If the 2nd game is more of the same, I'd give it a 3/10 today not even considering whether I like the story or not. I really feel those lows scores on the second game are reflective on how I feel about the first game. So I would validate the low scores for the second game I'm thinking in terms of gameplay and fun factor from what I've seen in videos....pretty similar to the first.

Last edited:

me0wish

The drama 😂
It’s amazing how some are so anti-TLOU 2, they will find anything to justify their hate.
Anything.

I personally hate all ND games, but I fail to see what makes TLoU1 better than 2, I actually think it continues the story well, and it has a nice message.

The hive mind mentality is at work, making it popular to hate, so everyone hates it.

That's WAY too generous.
Game is a fun game to play and it’s one of the prettiest non open world games I have ever seen

But at the opposite end you have this story that starts off with some shit execution and continues to rub your face in that for the rest of the game

It completely undoes the cleverly written characters and dialogue of the first game

FranXico

can see why people may give it a 5, in very rare cases, or a 10 if they really bought into the hype. But these scores are from real people.
You really think the only way anybody would give it a 10 is if they bought into the hype? LOL ok.

Gavin Stevens

Formerly 'o'dium'
You really think the only way anybody would give it a 10 is if they bought into the hype? LOL ok.

Having trouble understanding that chief? Yes. Because for me, it’s not a perfect game, it’s not even a fantastic game.
It’s just a pretty game with really shallow gameplay and not enough of it. So for ME, I doubt it could get below a 5, but also fail to see how it could get a 10 for having the same flaws a lot of games have been hung for recently.

I know it’s hard to accept but not everybody thinks the games the second coming of Christ. It’s just a totally average game in a sexy wrapper. If you don’t agree? Who cares. My actual post that you quite clearly didn’t read said “real scores will give it a 5-10”, as in people not making shit up who haven’t played it. And for ME, I can see why people would score it a certain way, either they don’t like the game, or they bought into the hype. Because yes, This game has some of the dullest gameplay I’ve played all generation, and yes, the games story itself is utterly dreadful and has no respect for the characters or universe the first created. Of this was any other game it would be reviewed 7 or 8 out of 10 and would be hung for being “pretty but shallow”, but because this is a major blue IP it gets a pass. It’s quite blatant.

Last edited:

CrysisFreak

Banned
Having trouble understanding that chief? Yes. Because for me, it’s not a perfect game, it’s not even a fantastic game.
It’s just a pretty game with really shallow gameplay and not enough of it. So for ME, I doubt it could get below a 5, but also fail to see how it could get a 10 for having the same flaws a lot of games have been hung for recently.

I know it’s hard to accept but not everybody thinks the games the second coming of Christ. It’s just a totally average game in a sexy wrapper. If you don’t agree? Who cares. My actual post that you quite clearly didn’t read said “real scores will give it a 5-10”, as in people not making shit up who haven’t played it. And for ME, I can see why people would score it a certain way, either they don’t like the game, or they bought into the hype. Because yes, This game has some of the dullest gameplay I’ve played all generation, and yes, the games story itself is utterly dreadful and has no respect for the characters or universe the first created. Of this was any other game it would be reviewed 7 or 8 out of 10 and would be hung for being “pretty but shallow”, but because this is a major blue IP it gets a pass. It’s quite blatant.
Whether you like it or not there is nothing average about this game.

FranXico

I know it’s hard to accept but not everybody thinks the games the second coming of Christ. It’s just a totally average game in a sexy wrapper. If you don’t agree? Who cares.
I know chief. I'm trying to point a simple thing out.
You are asking people to accept your poor opinion of the game, you dislike even its gameplay. For you, it's a 5. Sure, it is after all, your informed opinion. Based on your playtime. I never said you were wrong to give it a 5.

On the other hand, you say that anybody who likes this enough to give it a 10, could only be doing so due to buying into the hype. They couldn't possibly actually genuinely like it, no. They just got brainwashed by marketing, I guess.

You don't see your double standards there? You expect people to listen to your opinion, while dismissing the opinions of others.

For the record, from what I've seen so far, it looks like a 7 (at most 8) in my personal scale. Only bcause I'm intrigued by the gameplay. But I won't be sure unti I try it. I won't dismiss the opinions of people who liked or strongly dislike it though.

Gavin Stevens

Formerly 'o'dium'
Whether you like it or not there is nothing average about this game.

For you, maybe.

The way I like to look at games is take them out of their engine. Would the game still be as good if it didn’t look as good? The cinematics are gorgeous, there no doubt, but the story is pure trash. Is this game actually WORSE or BETTER than god of war? God of war was an absolute beast of a game. Gorgeous, awesome story and story telling but best of all the actual GAME behind it was incredible. But here we are and the game is apparently better than god of war. Honestly, ask yourself... is it? Because that’s what reviews are saying.

I know chief. I'm trying to point a simple thing out.
You are asking people to accept your poor opinion of the game, you dislike even its gameplay. For you, it's a 5. Sure, it is after all, your informed opinion. Based on your playtime. I never said you were wrong to give it a 5.

On the other hand, you say that anybody who likes this enough to give it a 10, could only be doing so due to buying into the hype. They couldn't possibly actually genuinely like it, no. They just got brainwashed by marketing, I guess.

You don't see your double standards there? You expect people to listen to your opinion, while dismissing the opinions of others.

For the record, from what I've seen so far, it looks like a 7 (at most 8) in my personal scale. Only bcause I'm intrigued by the gameplay. But I won't be sure unti I try it. I won't dismiss the opinions of people who liked or strongly dislike it though.

I never gave it a 5? My score was a high 6 low 7. I also never asked anybody to accept my opinion as fact. My replies were to people essentially defending the 0 scores on meta critic and how they can’t be correct because nobody could score the game so low for what it is.

I think you’ve misunderstood what that post was about.

Gavin Stevens

Formerly 'o'dium'
Here is something funny I found. A review. Sound familiar?

MNXitbc.jpg

Guess the game and score! Because this is why you don’t put faith into reviews. They mean jack shit.

Last edited:

Eliciel

No other game I have checked has collected so many User Reviews. There were many games that were a letdown for people but None and I repeat None collected so many User critics on Metacritic.

Regular Numbers are between 2000-4000+ User Reviews in TOTAL for Games Like RDR/GTA Size. These AAA Titels collect most User comments but also Games Like Zelda or Mario collect These numbers in quantity, So let's call them System Sellers.

Tlou 2 has 64.000!!!!!! User Reviews.
22,000 positive
37,000 negative

There has seldomly maybe even never been such an example in Quantity of Feedbacks and all I am saying is that I hypothesize there is a Form of Hidden Agenda behind it.

Last edited:

Tiamat2san

I personally hate all ND games, but I fail to see what makes TLoU1 better than 2, I actually think it continues the story well, and it has a nice message.

The hive mind mentality is at work, making it popular to hate, so everyone hates it.
I talked to 3 friends who are somewhat religious yesterday and who played the game. (1 Muslim, 2 Christians)
They don’t fucking care about the story, if someone is gay or trans in their game.
They just love the gameplay and the revenge part of it.

Yeah it’s an echo chamber on certain forums.
25h in , the game became better and better as it progresses.

pawel86ck

Banned
Game is a fun game to play and it’s one of the prettiest non open world games I have ever seen

But at the opposite end you have this story that starts off with some shit execution and continues to rub your face in that for the rest of the game

It completely undoes the cleverly written characters and dialogue of the first game
The thing is, story in this game is a matter of opinion. People who like fairy tales stories will probably hate the story here, however I like surprising stories where things dont go well for the main characters.
TLOU 1-2 story together lets you experience emotional rollercoaster on a scale never realized in any game before. People really loved Joel character since the first game (2013) and now they can feel how it's like to lose someone they cared about so much. People can experience anger in this game for real, and no wonder some people go to great lenghts just to express their hate.

IMHO TLOU2 is an amazing revange story and it looks prefessional writers like it too.

Craig Mazim (screenwriter and film director)

Karak

I covered this many times in different videos. But, so far the blacklist/worry thing just doesn't happen on reviews where you do not like the game.
If they did I, and many others, would never get a Sony, MS, Ubisoft, and many other games from those people. I have never even worried about it because the pattern never happened or even started. I talk to most reviewers and it never happened there either. The only one time I thought something might be up turned out to be nothing.
This has been my own experience from being 6k subs to now over 600k.

I will say that Sony, above all other companies, does handle their PR in a very old way and nothing like the forward-thinking way that other big companies handle their and that lack of information and contact can feel questionable. They absolutely need to be drug through a couple centuries to the current one when it comes to handling PR.

That doesn't stop someone THINKING this may happen. I can't speak to that. People THINK the earth is flat, but this particular opinion has a closer connection to them so they may do that. But this is one of the reasons I do the review BTS videos and sadly it does seem like every time a big Sony release happens a video of that kind is called for.

Last edited:

DrJohnGalt

Banned
People, face it. If you don't like this game you're an incel. You're probably a lonely straight, white, alt-right 'phobe. And even if you've got 20 hours in the game you've probably never played it. How else could you not like a game with a strong female lead and full LGBTQ+ representation? Plus you get to take down the patriarchy! Bonus 🤩 How dare you base your reviews on afterthoughts like gameplay, story, or characters! I'd go drop some more perfect-score ghost reviews at Meta to counter some of your racist downvotes, but the site has already taken matters into their own hands and have started deleting the negative (and obviously fake) reviews while leaving the positive (you know, totally legit) reviews up. They really just need to block any future negative reviews.

And if you're saying that the 10/10 scores are from people pushing an agenda or people afraid to lose access or fearful of the backlash from the big-brain online woke brigade, you're crazy. Just because Naughty Dog/Sony have been quietly removing and even striking people for posting unapproved and/or negative comments doesn't mean anything. You're paranoid. And just because some of the people that have given the game anything less than top marks might be attacked online doesn't mean all of them will.

Leave the reviews to those of us that can appreciate the game for what it's meant to be and not what it is.

Eliciel

No other game I have checked has collected so many User Reviews. There were many games that were a letdown for people but None and I repeat None collected so many User critics on Metacritic.

Regular Numbers are between 2000-4000+ User Reviews in TOTAL for Games Like RDR/GTA Size. These AAA Titels collect most User comments but also Games Like Zelda or Mario collect These numbers in quantity, So let's call them System Sellers.

Tlou 2 has 64.000!!!!!! User Reviews.
22,000 positive
37,000 negative

There has seldomly maybe even never been such an example in Quantity of Feedbacks and all I am saying is that I hypothesize there is a Form of Hidden Agenda behind it.

I am going to quote myself to point out:
The numbers keep getting crazier just a few days have passed and we are at > 85 K user reviews.....it is getting soooo much traction for all the right and wrong reasons??.
I couldn't find a single game that has received 85+k reviews on Metacritic. If you do let me know.

Spukc

always chasing the next thrill
Still don't get why people dislike the story.
The actual gameplay is not good imo. And i mainly wanted to know what would happen next.
Like the first game.

But that is more of a modern naughty dog game problem. I have zero interest in playing multiplayer. But any shred of of extra SP DLC will eat up.

I just can't stop thinking about how freaking good this games story is.

Top Bottom