• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

IT'S OFFICIAL reviewers that gave TLOU 2 positive reviews were afraid of being blacklisted by Sony and had to "keep with good terms with Sony"

UnNamed

Banned
Riots during the PS5 presentation?
Sony: we should delay the event, there are voices to be heard, black lives matter!

Developers harassed by angry sociopath idiots, review bombing, death threats?
Sony: no hay problema!

Aion002

It is broken, the Story is and since this isnt a Zelda or Mario but a Narrative Game, Story IS a big part of why People are attached to it.
And lets be honest, just look at the shit Cuckman has already said about the game, the people who complain about it and recpetion in general.
Does this look like a mentaly healthy Person ?
And why is no one allowed to express displeasure when Characters that they love get treated like that ?
Is it so hard to understand that getting a product thats intentinaly shit should be called out for it ?
Ehhh... Agree to disagree. The game is extremely polished and really well made, if the story is garbage for some... Well, that sucks... But in no way the game is broken.

Also, the game is so impactful that so many people are angry at him... That's a win.

A bad game would be one that is glitched as fuck, is incomplete or is forgettable.... This one is none of those.

Some hated it, because they hate what happens with some characters.... I get it and that's fine as in any story telling piece this might happen...

Intentionally shit... Well, at least the game made you passionately hate him that much, this is probably a bigger a accomplish than many other games did on many people.

Well, many people in this thread are having fun hating this game, don't let me get in the way. I got your points, have fun!

Last edited:

lock2k

Banned
Yeah - I think most people are aware of this. My point was that I doubt that the typical Xbox fanboys on GAF are approaching these TLOU2 discussions with anything more than biased anecdotes.

OK, fair enough.

It's funny because I normally watch videos logged on (on my phone and personal devices) but on my work computer the YT account is corporate and the recommendations are completely different (and a lot of people access that account, so it's all over the place) :)

fallingdove

What did I say about alt right trolls who hate gays and women?

I didn't brush off criticism, I brushed off the idea that a streamer hating it meant anything significant.

Sure.

You just said that someone watching a stream ABSOLUTELY has as valid a viewpoint as someone playing the game? I mean... that kinda ends it for me, that's all I need to know.
Almost as ridiculous as people who haven’t played the game and are attempting to convince people that the scores aren’t real or that Sony is somehow trying to block returns/trade ins.

I’ve played the game and I would sincerely give it an 8/10. The presentation is second to none and I enjoyed the gameplay here more than I did with the first because of the additional stealth options.

Am I going to great lengths to defend the game or am I on a video game forum debating the quality of a game that I recently played?

Last edited:

fallingdove

OK, fair enough.

It's funny because I normally watch videos logged on (on my phone and personal devices) but on my work computer the YT account is corporate and the recommendations are completely different (and a lot of people access that account, so it's all over the place) :)
Makes sense. 😁

Woggleman

Some people like the game and some don't. It's not some conspiracy on the part of anybody. If Sony paid reviewers then Death Stranding and Days Gone would have gotten higher scores.

Boss Mog

This keeps coming up but she's an antagonist. She's supposed to be ugly and you're supposed to hate her. You want her to be all pretty and petite? She's a major cunt and she looks like one.

Unless it's some Final Fantasy, antagonists are ugly since the beginning of time in every medium. It makes sense. Why is it such a big deal in TLOU2 in particular?
If you don't mind a spoiler (that technically won't spoil anything about the story) I can easily explain it to you in a private message if you want, then you will completely understand, just let me know, same for anyone else.

Last edited:

RedVIper

Banned
Serious question.

Why would the game be a 0/10?

Just like a 10/10, a 0/10 doesn't mean the game has no redeeming qualities, it doesn't mean it's unplayable.

People give 10/10s to game they know have flaws, because they love the game regardless.

People can give 0/10s because despite it's qualities, they still hate the game. If you honestly hate the story of the TLOU2 the game being pretty won't change that. Graphics are a product of their time, a game on the ps2 isn't a worse game because it has worse graphics. A indie game isn't worse than a triple AAA game because it has worse graphics.

I'm sure revierews are going to shit on Sony's biggest software release of the year just as they're about to release a new console.

Hivemind 10/10's are pure coincidence.

sainraja

I have been playing the game and after playing it (regardless of what I think of the story) the gameplay is pretty solid. If you are just going to gloss over that, I think you might have other motives at play; specially if you consider the gameplay of the first to be better. If you don't and think the same of the first that you now do of the second, then you have credibility.

Hobbygaming

has been asked to post in 'Grounded' mode.
What's really disappointing to me is, you know this will start a trend of user review bombing the competition exclusives as a type of retaliation for TLOU2. It wont be fair to those games as it wasn't to this game. Or maybe PSfans might be to busy actually enjoying great games, rather than trying to destroy them.

All I know is a lot of these supposed "critical thinkers" will flip flop about criticism when it's their favorite game/console or series in the crosshairs.
Yep, you have to be too invested to create accounts to make fake reviews. What a sad group

Reficul

Transcription of a (perhaps) legit conversation:

Me: "Hey dude. I'm thinking of buying this new game [insert game]."
Dude: "I'll stop you right there. Don't buy it. It's shit."
Me: "You already played it? It released yesterday."
Dude: "Nah, I haven't played it, but trust me it's shit."
Me: "What? How do you know it's shit?"
Dude: "[insert random youtuber] said so in his stream."
Me: "Who?"
Dude: "[insert the same random youtuber]."
Me: "Isn't that just like his opinion, man? How do you know it's shit?"
Dude: "Well he got a lot of followers."
Me: "So did Jim Jones. That didn't end well."
Dude: "What are you talking about. Jimquisition is still going strong."
Me: "Jiiizes... Well what do the critics say?"
Dude: "It's got 95ish on metacritic, but it's shit."
Me: "Because [insert random youtuber] said so?"
Dude: "Now you're getting it! Blah blah shills blah blah AGENDA blah blah SJW blah blah...."

This is a discussion I may or may not have had with a dude (it's on the internet now so it must be true).
My point is: What the fuck happened to critical thinking? Making up you own mind?
If you haven't played the game you get no vote.

I love bloodborne, and if you gave it a 0/10 I wouldn't give a shit. If the game is not for you, it's not for you.

On the other hand TLOU2 aparently can't be criticized, 0/10 can only be trolls and not people who genuinely dislike the game.

So now only people who complete the game can give an opinion? You understand that people who don't like the game are way less likely to finish it.
The game can absolutely be criticized. Even though you seem to be, I'm not dealing in absolutes. The childishness to me runs in the blasting of the game because it has lesbians in it. If you haven't played the game and you're ranting about it online then... Yes... It's trolling.

The attitude around this game from some of those on here comes off as very insecure. Bunch of crybabies bitching about a game they haven't played because of some ludicrous ideal they think is being imposed on them. You guys think if the world ended that people would cease to be people? That diversity would end? Sexuality? Or do you think everybody would start carrying around huge swords and all the women would be helpless, bubbly and have huge tits?

I'll agree that the resetera SJW group that were previous on GAF are intollerible. The previous GAF threads of how it was a travesty that trans black midget sailors (or whatever flavor to be offended by) aren't represented in gaming were assnine.... But the flip side of the coin is just as bad.

toker818

Banned
Yeah reviewers are just too scared of Sony 1st party, nintendo 1st party, and Rockstar studios. I mean come on the last of us part 2 has a lot of flaws metacritic 95, Mario oddessy 97 its sane this game is so simple and nothing new in terms of graphics, gameplay and story how many damn times do I need to save the princess 👸 and Rockstar with there horrible gameplay mechanics and sluggish gameplay

Just like a 10/10, a 0/10 doesn't mean the game has no redeeming qualities, it doesn't mean it's unplayable.

People give 10/10s to game they know have flaws, because they love the game regardless.

People can give 0/10s because despite it's qualities, they still hate the game. If you honestly hate the story of the TLOU2 the game being pretty won't change that. Graphics are a product of their time, a game on the ps2 isn't a worse game because it has worse graphics. A indie game isn't worse than a triple AAA game because it has worse graphics.

If I had a Metacritic account I wouldn't be able to come up with a game worthy of 0/10. On say, Glitchwave, the lowest score is 0.5/5 and for the most part I only have any games rated that way because I treat my ratings as a relative scale.

Jtibh

Banned
Maybe she has a punchable face, but I still think she's shaggable. Not sure if that extra muscle will make her any tighter though. :lollipop_tears_of_joy:
You sound very desperate.
By the sounds of it , you would fuck an apple rolling on the floor.

And beware. Some of these testochicks have clits bigger then your dick.
Add to it they can snap you in half i wonder who would be the bottom.

But hey. You dont mind right?

Paracelsus

If I had a Metacritic account I wouldn't be able to come up with a game worthy of 0/10. On say, Glitchwave, the lowest score is 0.5/5 and for the most part I only have any games rated that way because I treat my ratings as a relative scale.

Warcraft III Reforged, as close to 0.0 as humanly possible.

Bo_Hazem

Banned
You sound very desperate.
By the sounds of it , you would fuck an apple rolling on the floor.

And beware. Some of these testochicks have clits bigger then your dick.
Add to it they can snap you in half i wonder who would be the bottom.

But hey. You dont mind right?

giphy.gif

:lollipop_downcast_sweat:

Vaelka

tenor.gif

Or maybe angry gamer mob forces reviewer on a single site in Asia to say things they want to hear to keep the clicks coming.
This screen is old anyway, reviewers do not get paid for revieweing TLOU2 with early embargo, game is awesome and people trying to justify why the universe doesn't agree with their hate for it because their emotions got hurt is almost comical at this point.

That gif looked like it was handcrafted from the ground up for egotistical assholes to use tbh.
People can keep handwaving away actual criticism all that they want, every streamer I watch keep saying that they're disappointed.
Robingaming who was the biggest Naughty Dog fanboy ever played it through recently and hated it and said that it was the last straw and that Naughty Dog is just another random game dev studio to him now.

The game is selling well which people will use to defend the game too.
The Season 8 finale of Game of Thrones also set record viewing numbers, it doesn't make it good. No shit sequels and finales to these things sell like crazy? It doesn't make them good.

The fact that people are unironically going '' the critics loved it tho! '' as if IGN and the like are some arbiters of what's good or not is just absurd.
Yeah review bombing happened, but the game has been very poorly received by streamers and the general audience still it's just undeniable at this point.

Last edited by a moderator:

The_Mike

I cry about SonyGaf from my chair in Redmond, WA
You need to get out more.

Hell...you don't even have to do that....watch MMA if you only see women through a digital signal and have no access to 'real women'. Please visit a MMA match and let them know they are not 'real women'.

cyborgholm.jpg

But is it realistic that Abby can get steroids in a zombie apocalyptic world like the women on your photo?

It's really not "naturally" for women to get that buffed without something to help it.

nowhat

Some of them speak 4 languages fluent .
How many do you?
Fluently? Two. Passably? Four. But I never make that mistake (despite English not being my native language).

(and it's fluently when used as an adverb)

Last edited:

Boss Mog

The game can absolutely be criticized. Even though you seem to be, I'm not dealing in absolutes. The childishness to me runs in the blasting of the game because it has lesbians in it. If you haven't played the game and you're ranting about it online then... Yes... It's trolling.

The attitude around this game from some of those on here comes off as very insecure. Bunch of crybabies bitching about a game they haven't played because of some ludicrous ideal they think is being imposed on them. You guys think if the world ended that people would cease to be people? That diversity would end? Sexuality? Or do you think everybody would start carrying around huge swords and all the women would be helpless, bubbly and have huge tits?

I'll agree that the resetera SJW group that were previous on GAF are intollerible. The previous GAF threads of how it was a travesty that trans black midget sailors (or whatever flavor to be offended by) aren't represented in gaming were assnine.... But the flip side of the coin is just as bad.
Yeah except the SJW and gay stuff isn't the real problem (though it's WAY over the top here). TLOU had gay characters. The story here is horrible with tons of plotholes and stupidities and it spends most of its time shitting all over part 1 which most people loved.

thelastword

Banned
Riots during the PS5 presentation?
Sony: we should delay the event, there are voices to be heard, black lives matter!

Developers harassed by angry sociopath idiots, review bombing, death threats?
Sony: no hay problema!
At this point, I think Sony is the FUDboy,Trollboy and Saltboy Punisher.

Trollboy: TLOU sucks, I have not played, but the game is going to bomb, the story sucks, Druckmann sucks, it's over for ND, you saw all that nonsense in the leaks dawg.....?

Sony: Dealing cards, 95% Meta, most hundreds ever, breaking sales records with physical sales alone in a Covid era when digital is through the roof, All technical outlets are drooling at the graphics and technical accomplishments, Game critics are in awe and some have called it their GOTG, First in line for Goty this year.......

Trollboy: Beaten to a pulp, with tears still flowing from the pulp matter. Tears, what can we do, nothing works.....Review bombing didn't go as planned....My life....I swear, nothing ever goes my way, when I try to fudtroll Sony?

Sony: Psst! come here......You are trying too hard trollboy. We Sony excel at reverse trolling maneuvres......How? Simple.....We provide great games all gen long, "I know right?" FFT: it's the ultimate Excalibur in console gaming-dominance....It has worked for four gens......Uhmmmm, perhaps try it yourself.....?

Anyways, I don;t think anyone was forced to give LOU2 glowing scores. The first game blew everyone out the water and the second is better in so many ways. So Naughty is just improving their game and excelling everytime. That's a recipe for success. As can bee seen success breeds success...... Useless hype and FUD breeds failure.....Bank it...

Max_Po

Banned
is it okay if I want to
fuck the living life out of abby. I been working out and waking up with hard wood.

RedVIper

Banned

I don't think I've once criticized the game for have gay people in it.

The only "SJW" stuff I complained about is Abbys model and how weird it looks, thats about it.

So I'm not sure what you're accusing me of.

Jtibh

Banned
Finnish, English, to a lesser extent Swedish and German. I can also navigate bars in Spanish for what it's worth, but that's hardly the topic here.

Sorry had to stop by at sobeys for a pop.

But back to you. Thats a bit weak dont you think?
I speak fluently german english spanish and hungarian.
Plus the odd ones like some russian polish italian .

Now let me tell you about these wanna be smart asses who think they know it all and try to correct others all the time and get off on it.
If you havent lived here your english means jack shit . Cuz american english and the british english are just not the same.
I went throught that learned the hard way.
Hell i know a bunch of asians here who aced their ielts written test but cant speak for shit.

I know i do speak english fluently like my mother tongue. After all i lived here for 15 years have wife and kids and own a company.

You i am not so sure unless you live here.

You can correct me as many times as you want but at the end of the day it means fuck all to me.

But sure if it makes you feel better i will try to better myself when it comes to grammar.

DForce

NaughtyDog Defense Force
Im 15 hours into the game. Was I suppose to have gotten to the shitty part yet? So far this game is amazing.
Many people who don't like the game hate what happens during the first 3 hours.

If you can get past those feelings, then you'll probably like the rest of the game.

Jtibh

Banned
Well, penis size won't help me if I get crushed by her sheer force. :lollipop_tears_of_joy: Would feel like having a lioness as a pet.
Man hop on flight and go to thailand.

Enjoy your big fat mama and ping pong show.

I feel so bad for you i am about to give you hand over the net.

samporter

Banned
Many people who don't like the game hate what happens during the first 3 hours.

If you can get past those feelings, then you'll probably like the rest of the game.

I don't get what you, and others who share similiar views as you, are so mad about? Are you mad that the metacritic user score for this game is very low? Are you mad that there are people who don't see the game as a perfect 10/10 as you do? Are you mad that there are people who gave it a 0/10 score because they may passionately hate it? Are you mad that metacritic even allows people to give out 0/10 scores? We know where the haters stand(they don't think this game is 10/10 and that the shill game journalists are untrustworthy), but where do you(TLOU2 defenders) stand?

The user review and critic review are not lining up, at all. Users consensus seem to indicate the game is around 5-8 out of 10. Why are you trying to deny and shut down these user voices?

Bo_Hazem

Banned
Man hop on flight and go to thailand.

Enjoy your big fat mama and ping pong show.

I feel so bad for you i am about to give you hand over the net.

Nah, I'm married. :lollipop_tears_of_joy: My wife will kill me if I mention the name "Thailand".:lollipop_anxious_sweat: Pretty famous around here to ease the steam around there.:lollipop_wink_tongue:

i just hope there are more steamy x-rated scenes that are revealed in the 'woke of the year' edition. they might re-do the reviews to give it a higher score.

DForce

NaughtyDog Defense Force
I don't get what you, and others who share similiar views as you, are so mad about? Are you mad that the metacritic user score for this game is very low? Are you mad that there are people who don't see the game as a perfect 10/10 as you do? Are you mad that there are people who gave it a 0/10 score because they may passionately hate it? Are you mad that metacritic even allows people to give out 0/10 scores? We know where the haters stand(they don't think this game is 10/10 and that the shill game journalists are untrustworthy), but where do you(TLOU2 defenders) stand?

The user review and critic review are not lining up, at all. Users consensus seem to indicate the game is around 5-8 out of 10. Why are you trying to deny and shut down these user voices?

God, it looks like you're just looking for a place to vent.

Let me help you read because it seems you have a problem here.

I didn't say EVERYONE who doesn't like this game, I said MANY people who don't like this game hate what happens within the first 3 hours. If people really HATE what happens within the first 3 hours and that hate continues throughout the play through, then it's going to be hard for them to connect with the story.

I have no PROBLEM if people hate the game UNLESS they actually play it instead of watching just 30 minutes worth of footage.

Neil said from the beginning that fans who loved The first one will likely hate the second game. People who enjoy it seem to love what happens in the second half, which means they were not truly upset about what happens in the first 3 hours of this game.

You went on a huge rant after misinterpreting my post. I always said that I understand people's frustrations and why they would hate the game. I also understand why people would give it a 10 since I feel like it's a great game.

Last edited:
Top Bottom