• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Jagged Alliance 3 Launches on July 14th for PC, Says THQ Nordic

TwinB242

I want to play more but have been busy, and it doesn't help that im playing FFXVI at the same time.

Im guessing once you get to the mainland you want to immediately head to the first mine right?

Last edited:

Denton

Im guessing once you get to the mainland you want to immediately head to the first mine right?
There is one on near the coast (if not on it) and yep that was my first destination. Now I just got a message that it will deplete in coming days, but I have one more mine already (and some 120K saved up) so I am not too worried.

TwinB242

There is one on near the coast (if not on it) and yep that was my first destination. Now I just got a message that it will deplete in coming days, but I have one more mine already (and some 120K saved up) so I am not too worried.

Damn, I assumed the mines were just a permanent source of income. My plan was to eventually set up 2 different squads of 5-6 mercs each and then send them out in different directions to cover more ground, but now I feel like you would run out of money quick if you tried that strategy.

In JA2 silver mines depleting was a random event.

In JA3, does each mine have a fixed amount of diamond income before it runs out? Or were you just unlucky with a random event?

Yes!! Omg I loved JA2 so much as a kid!! Now I finally get to play JA3!!!
I seen the trailer and it looks really interesting.

I've seen some ppl say its very "different" from JA2, if you've played enough JA3 what do you think? Is it so different?

Denton

In JA3, does each mine have a fixed amount of diamond income before it runs out? Or were you just unlucky with a random event?
No idea but I would guess every mine probably depletes eventually. But there are other sources of money (stopping diamond convoys, hacking, finding various gemstones, quests).

I've seen some ppl say its very "different" from JA2, if you've played enough JA3 what do you think? Is it so different?

It is more similar than it is different. The differences in mechanics are not huge. But JA3 is fully 3D and has vastly bigger focus on quests and storytelling, that's the biggest difference.

Labadal

I captured my first diamond mine. Time to claim all areas around it. I only run a five man party, including a custom merc. Saves me money, and it isn't too bad. After I get some income, I will do two five man squads, but for now, it's "being cheap" time.

fart town usa

Gold Member
THQ Nordic is a publisher to watch.

I can see them becoming a heavy hitter at some point. They seem smart and calculated with the projects they're getting behind. All they need is that one banger to really put them over.

I think they have some type of presentation in August.

AITD is my most anticipated game of 2023 and the new Outcast looks cool too.

Last edited:

Sentenza

I spent my gaming time in the last two weeks mostly playing this and I have to say I freaking love it.
It took 25 years but finally a worthy sequel to an all-timer classic.
I'm particularly impressed with environmental destruction. It's basically as good as the one in the old Silent Storm, which was the golden standard in the genre, and yet they barely ever bragged about it in the promotional material.

STILL

It doesn't come without problems and I think the developers will need to stay true to their recent promise and show this one some post-release support, because it's in dire need to some rebalance in few areas.
There are several minor problems, all eventually fixable with relative ease IF recognized by the devs, but the major one is that the approach "sniper rifles for everyone" at the moment is WAY too efficient.
It's the one that does the most damage per round, that works better both at short and long range AND that consumes the least amount of bullets (which can be a valuable and rare resource here, depending on the playstyle).

Housh

I absolutely love this game. I'm 35 hours in and it doesn't even feel like I started. Finally making good money to hire some vets. THQ Nordic has been on fire with these PC titles. I am also looking forward to Last Train Home.

Top Bottom