• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

James Caviezel agent throws his name in for Superman role.

Status
Not open for further replies.

nomoment

"I see Superman as the American Christ, simple as that. No one's yet really on the inspirational possibilities of that idea. After years of cowboys, soldiers, tough private eyes and gangsters at a time in the late 1930s when America's self-image was built around the use of guns as a means to tame a young and restless country - and on the eve of a world war no less - two teenage boys came up with their brilliant notion: an All-American icon hero with a code against killing. Here we have a living flag, who always uses his immense strength and super-intelligence to solve problems without leaving a trail of bodies in his wake. What a forward-thinking, utopian idea that is! Superman as the new world testament!"

-Grant Morrison

Archaix

Drunky McMurder
Alas, this would mean a crossover can never happen and the Jesus vs Superman fight must remain speculation.

karasu

I hope they dont run the Jesus angle. That's so cliche. Superman, The Silver Surfer, Neo, etc etc, get over it already.

karasu said:
I hope they dont run the Jesus angle. That's so cliche. Superman, The Silver Surfer, Neo, etc etc, get over it already.

Even Christ follows the path of the hero from ancient mythology. Its nothing thats just being done recently.

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that
Superman on a kryptonite cross, that would be shocking.

MASB

It would be interesting to have Jim Caviezel as Superman. Certainly he's a good/great enough actor for the job. I just wonder how suitable he would be for the role. I guess you can never tell until/if he puts on the costume. I'm sure many probably didn't think Christopher Reeve was right for the role until they saw him in the costume/movie.

karasu

Teh Hamburglar said:
Even Christ follows the path of the hero from ancient mythology. Its nothing thats just being done recently.

I know it's not new, but I feel it gets in the way of the story. I mean spare me the propaganda, just tell a great Superman story.

AeroGod

Fraiser isnt a bad choice. He can pull of a nerdy and a strong superhero type very well look wise, and he isnt a bad actor he just takes alot of poor roles.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom