• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

JarekTheGamingDragon: N.O.V.A. - The Halo Clone On PSP

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman

Contents of this video

00:00 Intro
01:11 Halo Clone
02:08 Skillshare
03:40 Give Away
04:01 Graphics
04:48 Story
07:32 Controls
11:29 Gameplay
12:27 Conclusion
13:14 Outro

halo GIF

Tschumi

My PSP 1000 is my sole piece of non-negotiable gaming-specific hardware. I play all its shooters on my vita. We gotta respect how good it looks, PSP such a boss system.

Last edited:

CamHostage

Hmm, somehow I never knew NOVA was on PSP. Not sure why they played this game on the channel (no reason to play this when you can play the phone version, other than the novelty that it's on PSP, but if you're not going to compare versions or know anything about the NOVA franchise then why bother?), but ok, I guess it's worth knowing it did exist.

Seems like a good FPS for PSP actually, since Halo has that kind of heavy, assist-aim-friendly shooting system that might work okay with only 1 analog stick. I always wanted to play the NOVAs and kept thinking GameLoft would go crazy porting its many, many clones to PSP/DS or even 3DS/Vita when they were a 'hot' mobile studio and had a lot of clones of games ready for platforms where the originals were not getting portable versions. Gameloft did bring over a few Asphalts on different platforms over the years, I forgot that they did Hero of Sparta 1 on PSP, and then Modern Combat Blackout came to Switch, not much else. Nothing of theirs is great AFAIK, so no great loss, but back you knew there never was going to be a portable Halo (the only hope ever was Halo DS and the hysterical vaporware Halo on Gizmondo... now at least we have Steam Deck / MS Surface,) a Halo clone on the go might have been something for a little bit.

Top Bottom