• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Jason Hall vs EA

Juice

this-is-my-headline-love-me-20040820031308359.jpg

"I could take'm." *SNIIFF*

In Soviet Russia, Quality Controls You!

Gattsu25

Banned
GameSpy:Since the formation of the Warner Brothers Interactive Entertainment games department, you were brought aboard, and now that Monolith has been acquired, it's starting to look[....]
-------....wait...what the FUCK?

of course it's old....I just remember him saying that there will be certain amounts of "penalties" should a Warner Brothers license ever get a low review score.

Quartet

if warner really was serious for licencing their stuff they would hand it to capcom, sega or konami like in the 16 bit days. Would be interesting to see myamoto do a movie licence game one day.

monchi-kun said:
of course it's old....I just remember him saying that there will be certain amounts of "penalties" should a Warner Brothers license ever get a low review score.

Well he kind of qualifies it, so it's not based entirely on the review score. They say it's targeted more for the situation where they and a publisher agree certain features need to be added, removed, or whatever before release, the publisher says they'll fix it, and then ships the game without any changes.

Quartet said:
if warner really was serious for licencing their stuff they would hand it to capcom, sega or konami like in the 16 bit days. Would be interesting to see myamoto do a movie licence game one day.

I don't know about that. All 3 of them have shown they're very capable of publishing crap (especially Sega lately). It might have worked to bank on them 10 or 15 years ago, but they're such large organizations now, the fact that they get a license doesn't mean their best talent is going to want to work on it (and more than likely they won't).

Blackace

if you see me in a fight with a bear, don't help me fool, help the bear!
Jason Hall is a super nice guy...lives in Seattle has a nice home... good guy... I wish him the best in all this crap..

Patrick Klepek

furiously molesting tim burton
People are pretty mixed up on how this Warner Bros. "policy" works. When a game dips below 70%, there are no penalties levied against it, per say. Instead, the royalties are reduced. Companies start making less money per game sold.

Top Bottom