• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Jason Scheier/Bloomberg: Suicide Squad: Kill The Justice League is Dead on Arrival. Rocksteady has been working on it since 2017.

Men_in_Boxes

Snake Oil Salesman
The market dont support endless gaas game's.
Go look at PlayStations projections over the next 5 years. Look at the orange bars. 9b, 9b, 10b, 9b, 10b.

PS1.jpg

The SP market has reached its cap.
The GAAS market hasn't.

I'll be the first to admit when the Live Service market is oversaturated but all the evidence suggests that it's undersaturated.

Last edited:

AzekZero

Neo Member
I don't know about this doom and gloom.

There's probably a sizable audience for this game that could care less about what critics and hardcore gamers have to say about it.

Zannegan

I don't know about this doom and gloom.

There's probably a sizable audience for this game that could care less about what critics and hardcore gamers have to say about it.
Possibly, but the same was said for the Avengers game. In fact, word of mouth for that one was far more positive, and the property it was attached to was booming. *shrug*

Fabieter

Go look at PlayStations projections over the next 5 years. Look at the orange bars. 9b, 9b, 10b, 9b, 10b.

PS1.jpg

The SP market has reached its cap.
The GAAS market hasn't.

I'll be the first to admit when the Live Service market is oversaturated but all the evidence suggests that it's undersaturated.

Afaik those slides are outdated since sony is massivly scale back their gaas investments. Well maybe its me but iam seeing more new mp games failing than sp games.

Godot25

Banned
Afaik those slides are outdated since sony is massivly scale back their gaas investments. Well maybe its me but iam seeing more new mp games failing than sp games.
"Massively scaled back" is pretty huge overstatement. They cancelled game from Deviation games and TLOU MP project. They just delayed bunch of games that were supposed to be out by 2026 to later date. That doesn't mean they are "massively scaling back." It means exact opposite since they have to pay devs for longer dev times.

They still have in development
Marathon
Another new Bungie IP
Concord
Fairgames
Horizon online project
Horizon MMO
MLB The Show every year (they are counting this towards their live service push)
Twisted Metal (rumored game from Firespirte)
London Studio new game (LinkedIn profiles are hinting at their new game being live service)

And maybe few another projects that are built in partnership with third-party devs.

Western GaaS are mostly a no-go unless they have groundbreaking gameplay, like Rocket League or Fortnite. It's kind of ironic that Sony's most profitable IP is a GaaS: Fate Grand Order. Funny how most people act as if this game didn't exist. Even funnier, Sony Playstation seems not to be aware of it, either. (It belongs to the music division)

While companies like Aniplex (Sony-owned), Mihoyo, Hypergryph, or Shift-Up are laughing all the way to the bank, the geniuses at PlayStation wonder whether their next pew-pew shooter with an angry-faced female lead will become the next big thing.

Last edited:

MirageMew2

Hold up, am I reading correctly when Scheier says Rocksteady have another GAAS shame in the works?

“unannounced multiplayer game set in an original franchise, which has not been previously reported.”

Mr Hyde

Rocksteady when they started development on Suicide Squad in 2017, seeing GaaS take off in the industry

Consulting Make It Rain GIF by SHOWTIME

7 years later when it's close to release

Steve Austin Wwe GIF by A&E

Arsic

Loves his juicy stink trail scent
I watched this today of very early gameplay and it looks fun to me.

UI is the only major shitty thing I see but I’ll live.

Still day one for me. Nice try Jason… your opinion was super important in my decision making anyway. /s (about Jason. I am buying it day one)

Surprised nobody is hyped for this, I personally can't wait to see how Sweet Baby Inc decided to kill off all my favourite white straight superheroes in the most demoralising fashion.

Arsic

Loves his juicy stink trail scent
Surprised nobody is hyped for this, I personally can't wait to see how Sweet Baby Inc decided to kill off all my favourite white straight superheroes in the most demoralising fashion.
Hi.

I am the one person hyped for this.

Also YT comments on videos has more of us.

Dozens.

Saber

Gold Member
The game is being hated purely because it's GaaS, nothing more. It's a dumb reason.

I don't think so.
It's hated because the gameplay is generic, everyone has a gun and jumps around as if they're flying, which makes absolute no sense with the characters, Gothan is colorfull in contrast with real Gothan, the boss battle is straight up stupid with Flash, the fastest hero alive, simply keep itself open for attacks for a time, etc.

Dude, take away the GaaS elements and the game would still look like crap. Think it's bad just because it's GaaS is pure fallacy.

Last edited:
this:

sorta confirms this:

they had, indeed, been working on 'something'. when wb told them to do suicide squad, they just pasted suicide squad onto what they were already doing...
Wasn't Batman VR kinda neat single player experience on PSVR1? Why did they have to waste their talent doing something else?

Chuck Berry

Gold Member
Articles like this certainly don’t help it 😂 Jesus christ

Where’s that Simpsons “Stop he’s already dead” gif when you need it lol

Last edited:

Fake

The dayglo visual vomit of the game during combat is worse than gaas elements IMO.

The HUD, the gameplay with is like everyone is jumping/spider-man alike, the lore, the weapons.

I mean, the real point of this game is totally nonsense. Normal folks trying to kill beings like immortal aka Super-man, I mean they look into Injustice and get this premisse of 'we can do everything'.

After those previews the leaks are almost 100% proved.

Last edited:

Dorfdad

Gold Member
I’m kinda hoping this game gets the GameStop treatment. By every rights the store should be dead and closed however a group of nomads bought the stock like crazy and lifted it higher than its ever been. Hope this happens to the game just to see the meltdowns from the media calling it dead before it even launches.

Dane

In reality, Rocksteady never pitched or worked on a Superman game, according to people familiar with the company’s strategy over the last decade. Following the release of Arkham Knight in 2015, the studio began working on a Batman VR game and then an unannounced multiplayer game set in an original franchise, which has not been previously reported.

At the end of 2016, a Suicide Squad game at the Warner Bros. studio in Montreal was canceled, and the property was subsequently given to Rocksteady, which began working on the current iteration in 2017.

Suicide Squad: Kill the Justice League had several false starts and was delayed multiple times as the company tried to transition to an unfamiliar genre. By the time it comes out, it will have been in development for nearly seven years — about the same length of time that it took Rocksteady to release all three Arkham games.
This is the root issue if the AAA gaming in the west, a lot of the time is wasted in pre production, its basically a development hell akin to many movies, they probably wasted half of the seven years. Its also clear is another case like Anthem and Hyenas, the devs were the ones who came up with the idea and thanks to these issues, only a fraction of the dev time had resulted in progress.

Holammer

Never was interested in the game. Sounded and looked like shit from the get go.

Also I'm so fucking sick of Harley Quinn. Such an overrated character that needs to go away for awhile.
Same with ... (google) Jinx from League of Legends.
The damaged goods girl betrayed by society/boyfriend turned nutty edgelord and probably a lesbian trope is getting old. Harley wore it out single-handedly.

OrtizTwelve

This is what you get with GAAS and monetized gaming, instead of an actual game or experience that developers take pride into making and creating. This game was designed by committee and the boardroom, to extract as much money from consumers as possible. What you end up with is trash, akin to fast food or a shitty gas station sandwich. Cheap, mediocre, and bad for you (and your wallet). The fact that this trash took over 7 years to “develop” is both hilarious and depressing, and also a reflection of the gaming industry as a whole lately. It’s almost as if these days, we can expect mediocrity and trash, and every once in a while we get an actual solid game. This used to be the reverse a decade or so ago. Most games were fun and playable, we didn’t really think about the things we do today. Very rarely would we get a total dud or turd from a “AAA” developer or studio, but it happened on occasion.

Fabieter

They're from 8 months ago.

They have not.

You ever buy a new car and immediately start noticing all the same cars on the road? The human brain tricks us all the time.

Well iam not against gaas but i already have my comfort mp games and the game need to be super great and cheap to try for me to even consider trying a game and if it stocks i wont pay any extra bucks.

Shut0wen

Seriously the game makes me sad, rocksteady a great upcoming developer working with the director of hitman blood money coming up with this sorry excuse of a game, fact that rocksteady has put 0 imagination into the game doesnt help either, such a retarded scenario to be in wouldnt be surprised if rocksteady closes down a year after this, clearly way over there heads and because WB isnt going to change its strategy

Everything wrong with gaming today in one package, it's not just the GaaS bullshit but also the shitty, unfunny Woke tone and disrespecting of legacy characters.

It's also amazing that it doesn't look significantly better than Arkham Knight graphics wise, Arkham Knight is an almost 9 year old game people, devs are so shitty now they can't even deliver on eye candy.

I do smell another crash coming.

Men_in_Boxes

Snake Oil Salesman
It's also amazing that it doesn't look significantly better than Arkham Knight graphics wise, Arkham Knight is an almost 9 year old game people, devs are so shitty now they can't even deliver on eye candy.
Meanwhile Lethal Company looks like an N64 game and is selling bananas.

(Multiplayer gamers don't care about graphics)

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
WB is digging up quotes for the game already:
3press.gif
I now have February 2 circled on my calendar - Ya, avoid buying any games launching that day

A blockbuster worthy story - Ya, the most comprehensive "shoot the purple spot" plotline ever written

A turbo charged supervillain frenzy that feels and looks incredible - Ya, for 2008 game

Top Bottom