• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Joel McHale and Jennifer Carpenter Will Lead The Cast of An Animated MORTAL KOMBAT Movie.

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman
https://revengeofthefans.com/2019/0...-the-cast-of-an-animated-mortal-kombat-movie/

So you could say that WB purchasing Mortal Kombat has proven rather fruitful. Yet there’s another department of Warner Bros. looking to visit Outworld: WB Animation.

While a live-action, cinematic reboot for Mortal Kombat has been in the cards for some time, I’m here today to let you know that WB Animation is working on an MK movie of their own!

That’s right. The same studio that oversees all of those wonderful DC animated films you love so much is now getting ready to unveil a Mortal Kombat movie. Get psyched.

Taking a glance at the official cast list for the film, two names jumped out at me as the “marquee stars” for this. One of them is Joel McHale. The one-time Community star, and former host of The Soup and The Joel McHale Show With Joel McHale, is undoubtedly the biggest name on the list.

And that second name that jumped out at me? That would be former Dexter star Jennifer Carpenter. She played the title character’s feisty, turbulent sister Debra on the series, and voiced Selina Kyle in Batman By Gaslight. If I had to venture a guess, barring the introduction of a new female lead, I’d say she’d be ideal for Sonya Blade.

Couldn't be worse than the second live-action movie, could it? Plus, I do like Jennifer Carpenter. Didn't Joel McHale do an awful job of hosting some E3 conference years ago, where he very poorly made fun of nerd culture the entire time? Still, I'm sure the guy could do some decent voice work.

AV

We ain't outta here in ten minutes, we won't need no rocket to fly through space
Didn't Joel McHale do an awful job of hosting some E3 conference years ago, where he very poorly made fun of nerd culture the entire time?

It was the Spike VGX (the old game awards), he made the most of a completely embarrassing event. Honestly, he was the best thing there, did his best to suffer through the cringe.

Top Bottom