• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

'John Wick 5’ Confirmed By Lionsgate; Sequel Will Be Shot Back To Back With Fourth Installment

john-wick-3-jw3_d30_10548_cr_rgb.jpg

Keanu Reeves is back in the back-to-back sequels game with John Wick 4 and 5 aiming to film consecutively next year.

On today’s Lionsgate earnings call, the studio’s CEO John Feltheimer said, “We’re also busy preparing scripts for the next two installments of our John Wick action franchise, with John Wick 4 slated to hit theatres Memorial Day weekend 2022. We hope to shoot both John Wick 4 & 5 back to back when Keanu becomes available early next year.”

The sequel, John Wick 4, is currently scheduled for May 27, Memorial Day weekend.

Currently, Reeves is shooting Matrix 4 for Warner Bros. and Village Roadshow in Berlin, Germany. Reeves shot Matrix: Reloaded and Matrix: Revolutions (parts 2 and 3 of that franchise) back to back from March 2001 to August 2002.

Kinda sucks the "Will he die / won't he die" suspense from the next movie, but I'm game.

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
The character is basically a comic book action star so I’m glad they’re mostly getting rid of the “will he die or won’t he?” farce.

This is one of my favorite running franchises so I hope they keep it going for a long time. It’s still such a huge break from the tone and style of other superhero type movies out there right now.

I love Deadpool for a lot of the same reasons but Disney hates money and wants to let Deadpool rest for like 5-10 years instead.

YCoCg

I'm honestly amazed how far they've stretched this, the first film alone is still the best and most contained story with HINTS of that other society, and then with each sequel it just gets more and more bloated and over explains things to the point where fuck it, everyone is a hitman in some faction or other and we all secretly rule the world.

Fbh

1 > 2 > 3 for me, didn't care for the last one honestly.

For me it was probably 2>1>>>>3.

3 just wasn't that good. The fights weren't as good (the motorcycle chase in particular was terrible) and it made me loose interest in the world and lore they had been building up for the first 2.

The big leader of this mysterious global organization of assassins just being some dude that shows up in a tent in the desert felt weirdly anticlimactic.

Last edited:
Reactions: eot
For me it was probably 2>1>>>>3.

3 just wasn't that good. The fights weren't as good (the motorcycle chase in particular was terrible) and it made me loose interest in the world and lore they had been building up for the first 2.

The big leader of this mysterious global organization of assassins just being some dude that shows up in a tent in the desert felt weirdly anticlimactic.

I liked 3 but it was easily the weakest (even though its opening act slapped the most out of all of them I think).

My problem is that Halle Berry's character was horrifically miscast. Took me out of it a little.

Last edited:

MGHA

Make as many as you want. If they don't bring in Hugo Weaving as a villain I am going to be very disappointed.

They're just milking his popularity, aren't they? While more John Wick never hurts this is starting to become Fast and Furious with increased ridiculousness. Is he going to kill an entire planet of bad guys in John Wick 6? Will he tackle another galaxy in John Wick 7? 3 movies were perfectly fine.

Top Bottom