• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Joss Whedon is nearing a deal to write, direct, and produce a Batgirl pic for WB

Status
Not open for further replies.

anaron

http://variety.com/2017/film/news/batgirl-movie-joss-whedon-warner-bros-1202018544/

Batgirl is flying solo. The superheroine is getting her own standalone movie from filmmaker Joss Whedon.

Whedon is nearing a deal to write, direct, and produce an untitled Batgirl pic for Warner Bros. as part of its DC Extended Universe.

No other producers are currently attached. Toby Emmerich, president and chief content officer of Warner Bros. Pictures Group is overseeing with Jon Berg and Geoff Johns. The new project originated in the past month.

Out of nowhere! HERE FOR THIS

EhoaVash

So is this going to be part of th dc Snyder universe ??? I kinda hope so.

Op Edited with more info. Hm I really thought batgirl was going to be Oracle in this universe

WOW.

Well now.

They better leave his ass alone, then. Coulda had a Wonder Woman movie over a decade ago from this man, if I remember right

Lifeline

As someone who didn't like his Avengers movies, I think a focus on one character would be a much better fit for him.

Who's he going to shock-value kill in this one?

2702356-batgirl-014-21.jpg

Rentahamster

Rodent Whores
If only they could have based the DC verse from the seed of Whedon's Wonder Woman movie, which probably would have been good. Better than MoS, at least.

LMAO. ALL THE DC PEOPLE WHO SHOUTED DOWN THE MCU FOR HAVING WHEDON, ENJOY.

This is delicious especially considering how much shit the MCU gets for using Whedon's humor action fusion from DC fans.

kswiston

WOW.

Well now.

They better leave his ass alone, then. Coulda had a Wonder Woman movie over a decade ago from this man, if I remember right

WB used to be pretty good at leaving its talent alone. Even in the DCEU, I think that BvS is the most Zack Snyder a $250M blockbuster film could be. Suicide Squad had pretty clear studio interference, but I'm not sure that Ayer's original vision for that film would have been much better. Maybe they will back off in this instance. $3B across 2 films for Disney is a pretty good resume point.

Blader

Huh.

Well. That's cool.

I've never been a big fan of the Batfamily for the most part, but I'm curious to see how this shakes out. Between this, Nightwing, and Sirens, seems like WB is building a Batman cinematic universe within the larger DCEU now.

jon bones

hot hot hanuman-on-man action
OH SHIT

between this and Aquaman seems like DCEU might not be 100% terrible

Please end with Babs disabled and becoming Oracle

nah

snyder can handle that in his killing joke movie or whatever

lets keep our heroine healthy in her first outing

LiK

This is delicious especially considering how much shit the MCU gets for using Whedon's humor action fusion from DC fans.

we're def gonna get a witty sarcastic Batgirl if dreams can come true,

SpaceWolf

Banned

Can we try to leave this bullshit at the door, please?

This MARVEL FANBOYS VS DC FANBOYS thing is getting so fucking tiring.

Neat. Isn't WB also working on a Gotham City Sirens thing and/or a Birds of Prey film? Strongly suspect they'll hedge their bets by turning all three into one project (...which I'd be fully down for anyway).

I think WB's currently floating way more DC movies than can actually come out in the next 5-6 years, but it'd be nice to see this one make it all the way to the big screen.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom