• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Jurassic Park: Survival Announced | The Game Awards 2023

Vick

Jurassic Park made by Creative Assembly?

Waaay too perfect to be real.
Jurassic Park: Isolation..

giphy.gif

SEGA have a long history with JP games afterall.

200w.gif
please-begging.gif
giphy.gif
Fucking finally, I'm tired of the insane amount of teases and references to Jurassic Park in Naughty Dog and Guerrilla games, need a proper legit game already that's not a park builder.

So please be true, a Jurassic Park: Isolation, Trespasser-like game would be a total system seller for me.
Also fuck off you guys with the multiplayer shit..

This needs to be a hardcore old school 30-40 hours single player survival.. basically Alien Jurassic Park: Isolation.
I need a damn horror Jurassic Park.

Alien got a great game.
Terminator got a great game.
RoboCop got a great game.

Either that of Predator, but I'd prefer JP honestly.

yAZINqf.gif

SCB3

I like the look of this a lot, the Telltale Jurassic Park game was pretty good and I like making the Parks in Evolution but a proper horror Dino game? Sign me the fuck up!

Vick

Mia Khalifa ?? wtf is that true?
Of course not.
Wanting to get a bit critical, that ending with the Rex was ridiculous. That determined expression.. get the fuck outta here, this is Jurassic Park not Jurassic World.
Works for the Trailer, but let's hope for a much more serious tone.

It's not Creative Assembly though! :messenger_loudly_crying:

Now I'm wondering if this is the rumored game or if there's a separate game being made by Creative Assembly. I'm leaning towards the former.
Yeah I mean, that would have been waaay too good to be true.

This is the rumored game though, 100%.

Laieon

Of course not.
Wanting to get a bit critical, that ending with the Rex was ridiculous. That determined expression.. get the fuck outta here, this is Jurassic Park not Jurassic World.

This is Jurassic Park based on the movies, which were always pretty silly. Lets not pretend like Jeff Goldblum and Nedry weren't hilarious in JP1. If you want serious read Michael Crichton's books (which you should if you haven't, they're great).

CeeJay

looks interesting. Definitely getting Alien Isolation vibe from the trailer. This would work nice as a single player with curated set pieces but got me thinking about a multiplayer PVE that is like a BR game but you along with 99 other people are trying to escape the Island. Or even have one team as the dinosaurs and one as the humans, asymmetric style.

Looks like all you do is run from stuff so it’s probably a pass for me unless they show otherwise later. I just want a Dino Crisis or Turok game where I can use some weapons.

Vick

This is Jurassic Park based on the movies, which were always pretty silly. Lets not pretend like Jeff Goldblum and Nedry weren't hilarious in JP1. If you want serious read Michael Crichton's books (which you should if you haven't, they're great).
Not silly at all but humorous. Which is necessary for balance, don't be fooled by the ridiculous and completely inaccurate grading in Home-Video friend:

Jurassic Park was enough of a horror film to spark countless controversies at the time:

Just hear reactions from adults right after the movie:

"It was so scary my God.. i think if not for the laugh lines in it people would have had heart attacks" or "I'm still shaking":

When I say Mia Khalifa determined "I got this, you big lizard" face has no place whatsoever in an authentic Jurassic Park survival is because this is how people looked in front of danger in the movie:

zMsYaKb.jpg

Indeed the book was gorier, but the movie (written by Crichton himself by the way, along with Koepp) was the biggest motion picture in history with the largest marketing campaign ever seen when it came out, couldn't have gone full splatter. But gore ≠ tense, let's not forget JP still got the most effective combo x3 jumpscares in less than 10 seconds ever:

5ss4RO1.gif

Actually x4, as the biggest one happened 10 seconds earlier. I've seen it happen with my wife in person while showing her JP for the first time, the 3D version, after a week of ineffective horror movies. She was frightened.

Last edited:
I nearly fucking shit myself when this trailer opened.

It's what every single fan of this original trilogy has been asking for, for at least 20 years now.

We have Trespasser sure, but this could finally be an even more full blown version of that game and then some.

I was literally screaming at my TV. I really couldn't believe what I was seeing.

elmos-acc

Wait, where is it ingame?
It says "alpha in-game footage" on the fast first person clips in the end.

It seems like the JP game people actually want. Exploring the island, avoiding the dinosaurs, probably also some day time segments without danger and herbivorous dinos. If this is the era that IP holders actually let studios to create the games people actually always wanted to play (like Hogwarts Legacy, Alien: Isolation) then I am looking forward to it.

Bboy AJ

My dog was murdered by a 3.5mm audio port and I will not rest until the standard is dead
I loved Alien Isolation for so many reasons.

I cannot wait for this. It looks awesome.

Deerock71

Did they just recreate the kitchen scene with a Dilaphosaurus! Doesn't have the same punch as a velociraptor!!
The character also kind of looks like Ian Malcome so wondering if it's his daughter.
It'd be cool to get back to Isla Nebula though
Ian Malcolm's bastard daughter.
Prepare Season 7 GIF by Game of Thrones

I've been long wanting a reimagining of Trespasser in VR. In fact I think it would work better than this, but I suppose a normal action adventure will sell far more if it's any good. I know there's a VR game but that one didn't really hit the mark for me, and I certainly don't want to play anything in the Jurassic World timeline.

Mr Reasonable

Completely Unreasonable
Hoping that this plays like a 3D bubble witch or Puzzle Bobble.

That's what this franchise has been crying out for.

RavageX

Of course not.

Yeah I mean, that would have been waaay too good to be true.

This is the rumored game though, 100%.
Realistically, she probably got ate right there. Or at least bit into two pieces. Rex doesn't give a damn about a flare.

xrnzaaas

Can't shake the feeling we'll be playing as a minor character instead of someone more important, but it's singleplayer and has stealth so I won't ignore it.

Last edited:
Top Bottom