• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Just broke up with my girlfriend

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah.. another thread like this, only this is a bit different. My girlfriend and I have been "going" togather for about 2 years now, only with a twist: She moved far away from me last august. Its been a really rough year but we made it through with only a few emotional scars (heh). We have been able to visit eachother a few times and when we are togather, everything is peachy! It couldn't be better! but on the otherhand.. there is emo and drama all over the place when we can't see eachother and I know we were both getting sick of the rollercoaster. I happen to be moving in to my college dorm in about 4 days, and this now brings a whole new variable into the equations; she is still a senior in high school far away while I am a college freshmen. I brought this up, knowing we may be headed for rough times again and I didn't want either of us to go through another horrible up and down year like we had before, so we both mutually decided to break it off while we are still friends and leave of a good note. So its done, many tears later I'm now out of my bed and just need to know if I did the right thing. When we are actually able to be there for eachother physically, life can't get better. We NEVER fight in person or have any problems what-so-ever, its just great! I don't know if I just threw away the best thing in my life =(

Zaptruder

Banned
You lost your relationship because of your avatar.

All other percieved causes are erroneous.

Moreover, you'll continue to lose relationships because of that avatar.

Again, all other percieved causes will be erroneous.

Mr Gump

Banned
How often would you see this girl? If its less than a couple of times a month, then what the shit is the point of staying with her? You're just going to be letting all opporunities pass you by. And if by chance, that in the future you are in closer proximity of eachother, then who is to say you cannot get back together? If it was meant to be man, it will be. If you love something, let it go. If it comes back to you it's yours and if it doesnt it never was.

Doth Togo

Azwethinkweiz said:
Dude you're going to college in 4 days. That's like an all you can eat buffet of women. Yes you did the right thing.

IAWTP. Be friends with her. Maybe keep some action on the side for when you're in town visiting parents.

bishoptl

Banstick Emeritus
Azwethinkweiz said:
Dude you're going to college in 4 days. That's like an all you can eat buffet of women. Yes you did the right thing.
My name is bishoptl and I approve this message.

I also recently broke up with my gf. It's tough, especially after dating for 2 and a half years. It's not so much missing her, it's missing the habits of our life together and the comfort of having an SO.

But I echo the comments of other posters. College years are a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to experiment with women. Go nuts! :) When you reach your mid-late 20s things change considerably. :(

poppergro.jpg

*this is also my new fap image*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom