• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Just Cause 3 |OT| Procedural Chaos

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
tumblr_ll9a1xNttH1qafrh6.gif

It's live. Restart Steam or wait ~four minutes.

lcap

Just had a weird thing happen. Rico just jumped from the plane on the intro and aside from not dying, the game just threw me on the ground invincible and with infinite ammo with nowhere to go.

Thought it was strange and saw he was supposed to get on the plane instead of jumping.

Stitch

Gold Member
oh god, decrypting seems to take forever. maybe I should just download the whole thing again...
pre-loading is so useless. volvo pls

Chris R

Only 12 minutes left to decrypt here.

Then I get to back it up, drive home after work, reinstall on my gaming rig, and play for many hours straight lol.

PaulLFC

What the hell kind of decryption does this game have to go through on Steam? I'm sure other games I've preloaded have never taken anywhere near this long. 10 minutes tops, this has been going for 10 minutes already and has another half an hour left.

There's no way there should need to be 30 minutes + of waiting to start a game that's supposedly "fully downloaded".

Hip Hop

Is it possible to stop the pre-load and get what I got downloaded so far and move it over to an SSD and pre-load from there?

I made a mistake installing it to my HDD. That decryption and load times are too long!

SZips

What the hell kind of decryption does this game have to go through on Steam? I'm sure other games I've preloaded have never taken anywhere near this long. 10 minutes tops, this has been going for 10 minutes already and has another half an hour left.

There's no way there should need to be 30 minutes + of waiting to start a game that's supposedly "fully downloaded".

Bigger games on Steam have always taken about this long to decrypt for me. This really isn't anything out of the ordinary. There's a lot of content is has to go through and it depends on the speed of your hard drive and CPU. Smaller games take less time, which is why I'm hopeful Rainbow Six Siege won't take nearly as long as this one is taking.

I honestly envy you if you never had a decryption take longer than 10 minutes before. You either have it all on SSD with a great CPU or you play smaller games a lot more than I do.

Vamphuntr

3 hours estimated time to decrypt?

The fuck!?

5 minutes left on mine. Are you on an SSD? Also this games takes up a ridiculous amount of space. I had saved 55GB on the SSD and it gave error when decrypting because of lack of space. Got rid of DAI to make room for it.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Less than a minute to go for me. I'll have the PC performance thread up within the next 10-15.

BashNasty

It's funny, even though I'm hearing tons of mixed things about this game, I'm still quite certain I'm gonna love it.

Watching videos of the destruction and wingsuit have me plenty hyped, despite everyone saying the story and missions suck. The only thing I'm a bit worried about is PC performance. I'm running with a stock i5 2500k, a 970 and 16 gigs of ram. Hopefully that'll be plenty to run at 1440p on my g-sync monitor.

At the very least, if I don't love it, I can always just return it on Steam.

The initial countdown will be long as a patch was pushed through after the pre-load went live. Once the data has been updated, it'll drop to something more reasonable (mine went from ~two hours to ~12 minutes).

Ah yeah it's now between 20-25 minutes for me

I should probably still get an SSD though :p

Chris R

No idea why the decrypt is taking so long for some of you.

Nice title screen, now to back it up and wait for work to be done for the day!

NotLiquid

The game is telling me that I don't have enough HDD space to run it. I have roughly 11 gigs free on my SSD and 40 gigs left on my HDD after I installed the game on the latter though.

Anyone know what the issue seems to be?

Decided to wait and watch Crazy Ex-Girlfriend live so I haven't really had a chance to play it yet, just start, change settings and lock frame rate with RTSS... But soon.

NotLiquid

Got the game running. It's a blast (literally).

I reeeeally hope we get more optimization patches cause I'm not feeling up to investing in a newer GPU just yet but the game is so beautiful I'd hate to miss out on all that quality, even though apparently people are having some dips on even newer cards.

After an hour of game play though the wingsuit is a ton of fun once you get used to it. It clicks after a while and the synergy with the tethers and parachute adds a whole new dimension to the game play that justifies this sequel's existence and feels empowering to use while still having some difficulty. I'm having a lot of fun so far and I feel like it's only going to be crazier from here on out.

If you enjoyed JC2 you'll enjoy this really. It's more of the same, done better. Also, I'm kind of enjoying Rico as a character. He ain't groundbreaking but he makes a fun buddy duo with Mario.

Top Bottom