• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Just had the snip lads.

Soodanim

Oh yeah, I forgot to mention Elliot was one of the guys who snipped me

I’ve observed enough procedures over the years for work that the blood and such doesn’t bother me, and since I was numbed and draped it really didn’t register like I was watching my own snip like you might expect it to.
The only recent procedure I had was a horizontal wisdom tooth removal, and while I couldn't see it it was super interesting to be a "witness" in the sense that I could hear it but not feel it, so I think I get what you mean. Surreal.

Doczu

Gold Member
Damn, so many soy bois on the first page coming (lol) out of the closet about their surgery. No wonder Switch has such high sales with all the post-op gifts

Quasicat

Gold Member
Probably a 2 to be honest. The procedure wasn’t painful, just uncomfortable. You do get general anaesthetic in each ball which was a numb sensation.

I’m in bed now and it just feels like the after effect of being hit in the balls, that twisted feeling in your guts.
Wait until you take your first shower and you realize that gravity sucks. The weight of your balls pulling on your incision, that was a new feeling I wasn’t expecting.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
It's surprisingly not painful at all, at least in my experience. It's way more awkward than anything. The small talk while doc fondles the boys is very Larry David tier.
Mine was way worse (and perhaps way more Larry David): "we have a team of medical students who will be observing this operation today"

Loope

Wait until you take your first shower and you realize that gravity sucks. The weight of your balls pulling on your incision, that was a new feeling I wasn’t expecting.
Comedy Central Mm GIF by Workaholics

Quasicat

Gold Member
Then comes that funny look everyone gives you when you put your specimen in a cup and walk into the testing site with a plain brown paper bag. 😉

catvonpee

I'm jeal AF. I'd love to be able to dump my balls out wherever and not have to worry about any trophies nine months later.

Thaedolus

My stitch popped out like day 2 in the shower but nothing seemed to be wrong or bleeding. Also you’re supposed to wear briefs the first couple weeks…I haven’t worn briefs since like third grade and, man, searching for men’s briefs on Amazon certainly didn’t bring up what I initially had in mind.

Quasicat

Gold Member
My stitch popped out like day 2 in the shower but nothing seemed to be wrong or bleeding. Also you’re supposed to wear briefs the first couple weeks…I haven’t worn briefs since like third grade and, man, searching for men’s briefs on Amazon certainly didn’t bring up what I initially had in mind.

I hear you, they don’t make them like they used to:
PL8hta3.jpg

Think there's a chance this will effect your self esteem? I know it's supposed to be reversible, but I wonder if I'd have a emasculated feeling being so detached from my balls.
My Oncologist told me that mine is not reversible. He said that I had a bit of preexisting damage down there and that it would take a major surgery to put everything back together again.

Banjo64

cumsessed
Think there's a chance this will effect your self esteem? I know it's supposed to be reversible, but I wonder if I'd have a emasculated feeling being so detached from my balls.
No mate.

I have produced 3 children.

My missus offered to have her tubes tied, however there are potential side effects to that (and she has had to squeeze 3 children out of her fanny).

She has been on all forms of contraception at various points in our relationship because I hate johnnys, she is currently on the injection, however they all make her a hormonal mess.

Hopefully your partner doesn't go down the track of teasing you endlessly while you're out of action. Mine on the other hand enjoyed her new found power trip. Hilarious looking back, not so fun at the time.

Tschumi

So will you no longer ejaculate? I mean, fertility aside isn't that the chief source of kimochi from the whole process of gettin' down? I dunno man I wouldn't like to ejaculate air, personally, even if it meant, whatever, not being at risk of having kids...

EDIT: of course i am almost certainly just ignorant to the procedure

Last edited:

EviLore

Expansive Ellipses
Staff Member
So will you no longer ejaculate? I mean, fertility aside isn't that the chief source of kimochi from the whole process of gettin' down? I dunno man I wouldn't like to ejaculate air, personally, even if it meant, whatever, not being at risk of having kids...

You still do, just no swimmers contained within.

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member

You still do, just no swimmers contained within.
I always wondered about that too. I never asked anyone snipped or googled it.

I know a ton of dudes who got snipped. All at about the same time. Somewhere in their mid-40s, married, dont want more kids. When you know someone in this situation, there's a decent chance of snipperville.

It'll go something like this.....

- A bunch of guys get together at work or lunch
- Everyone starts talking sports, whatever BS is going on, or who looks hot at work
- One guy will quietly interject.... "hey guys, I got news"
- Everyone: "???? Ya what?"
- "I got snipped"
" Everyone: "Yeeeeouch!"

Last edited:

Banjo64

cumsessed
Why did you trust an educated monkey working with incision tools, with your manhood
I can’t afford to finance a fourth child and I also value the quality time ratio that each of my three currently receive. The busier you are, the less time you have for each child. I want them to grow up knowing who I am as a person rather than some drill sergeant.

I also couldn’t wear a condom for the next 20 years until my partner hits the menopause, and I can’t be arsed dealing with her hormones on the implant/injection/pill for 20 years.

The educated monkey did a grand job and was very gentle. It felt like they were being caressed for a couple of minutes after the initial discomfort :messenger_tears_of_joy:

Last edited:
I was about to make a thread and found this one..

Getting this done in the morning and scared shitless..

How long after did they make you wait before you could leave?
For me it wasnt very long, I got the one that is irreversible which is cut and burn, I got out very soon after it. Donc forget to put ice on it, it didnt hurt the very same day and I did my chad and used no ice. Totally regretted it the next few days, I had to shower with my boxers on since it hurt so bad

Last edited:
Btw it's totally worth it, total freedom! I did it when I was with my ex-wife but after that I met my current girlfriend which is much younger than me and doesnt want kids. She stopped taking the pill and we never had to worry about this.

Last edited:
For me it wasnt very long, I got the one that is irreversible which is cut and burn, I got out very soon after it. Donc forget to put ice on it, it didnt hurt the very same day and I did my chad and used no ice. Totally regretted it the next few days, I had to shower with my boxers on since it hurt so bad
Thanks ill make note of that. Ice it first day even if doesnt hurt

Yeah I'd say do it for a few days to avoid the pain. It felt as if I had weight attached to the balls the next day after neglecting that
thanks. Ill be icing it for a while i think. Did they give you anything to calm your nerves? my brochure says no rec drugs for 24 hours before and i tend to consume vast amounts of weed daily lol Im expecting to be oa nervous wreck come morning

thanks. Ill be icing it for a while i think. Did they give you anything to calm your nerves? my brochure says no rec drugs for 24 hours before and i tend to consume vast amounts of weed daily lol Im expecting to be oa nervous wreck come morning
Nope nothing, I drove myself over there, got it done and drove myself back home. I wasnt nervous, only thing a bit weird was the smoke I saw when he burned what he had to burn down there.

Banjo64

cumsessed
I was about to make a thread and found this one..

Getting this done in the morning and scared shitless..

How long after did they make you wait before you could leave?
They gave me as many biscuits as I wanted and I chatted to a lovely nurse whilst she made me a sugary cup of tea. Drank it and left. 10-15 mins.

Banjo64

cumsessed
Nope nothing, I drove myself over there, got it done and drove myself back home. I wasnt nervous, only thing a bit weird was the smoke I saw when he burned what he had to burn down there.
Fair play to you but Roll Fizzlebeef Roll Fizzlebeef the NHS don’t advise driving yourself home. They also advise a couple of days of staying in bed. Not taking it easy in the immediate aftermath is one of the things that leads to a tiny percentage of people having long term pain with it.

Thaedolus

Just block out a couple days for sitting on the couch and nothing else. First day was uncomfortable, second day was better, third day was pretty close to normal but keep activity down and wearing the tighty whites even when you think you’re feeling better, just to be safe. I did that and everything feels exactly as it did before, except my wife hasn’t gotten pregnant the second we had unprotected sex like she did when we were trying for kids. 2+ years and no whoopsies. I couldn’t even find the incision scar if I tried.

Put on some movies, play some games, whatever just don’t move much and rotate some frozen bags of peas throughout the day. Our stairs even gave me some discomfort at first, so I just ended up staying downstairs and having my wife bring me stuff if I needed it.

Last edited:

Dirk Benedict

Gold Member
No mate.

I have produced 3 children.

My missus offered to have her tubes tied, however there are potential side effects to that (and she has had to squeeze 3 children out of her fanny).

She has been on all forms of contraception at various points in our relationship because I hate johnnys, she is currently on the injection, however they all make her a hormonal mess.
You took one for your homegrown team. That is admirable.

Top Bottom