• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kaido - Legend of Touge

maskrider

Looks pretty interesting, has some new courses, Yokohama, Hokkaido, Snow canyon, Kusatsu , and 2 more that are in Initial D, e.g. Myogi, Usui

Bebpo

Banned
Is this series any good? I like the look of the driving-through-the-mountains-of-Japan tracks, but never played any of the games before. Does it control like Highway Battle? And how long are the tracks on average?

maskrider

Bebpo said:
Is this series any good? I like the look of the driving-through-the-mountains-of-Japan tracks, but never played any of the games before. Does it control like Highway Battle? And how long are the tracks on average?

I sold the first 2 some months ago, the first 2 are like Highway battle, but in mountain passes with more tuning options. It is less arcadish than Battle Gear. I haven't played the previous ones on wheels so I can't comment on how good the driving really is.

One thing for sure, this one will definitely be much better than Initial D on Initial D mountain passes, heh !

ourumov

I am still waiting for something to replace my Battle Gear 2 matches :p The graphics sucked but the gameplay was perfect :)

maskrider

Coin Return said:
Is this in the same series as Kaido Battle I and II? My friend imported KBII and I remember it being really fun.

The same series, but this time it looks to be much more complete and also starring the ones from Highway battle.

VNZ

Last one I saw over here in PAL territory was Battle Gear 2, rebranded as Tokyo Road Race.

The Kaido games are quite easy to play without any japanese knowledge though. You miss out on the narrative elements but the menues and essential stats are in english. Let's hope they keep it that way -- the new game looks brilliant.

Top Bottom