• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kate Upton working with Victoria's Secret again?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I hope this conversation doesn't sound too bizarre. This is what the photo business is really like. These are the little things we obsess over. I'm personally glad I'm out of fashion for the most part. But I still cast models, and this is how the thought process works. If it comes off that we talk about models as pieces of meat or whatever...sorry, but we kinda do, and to us, they kinda are, at least until the casting is done. It's gotta stay impersonal, and sometimes we come off sounding like real bitches. We know this, thanks.

I promise you this though: If you think it's bad hearing someone talk this way about a female model, you'd be SHOCKED to sit in on a session casting cute kids for an advertisement. I'm real glad I'm not planning on ever having kids, because I've got so much bad karma built up...

I once had to ask a photo editor to airbrush some girls ankles because they looked horrible... I then realized why our world is full of people with body image issues.

Can't imagine doing that on a children's level.

I once had to ask a photo editor to airbrush some girls ankles because they looked horrible... I then realized why our world is full of people with body image issues.

Can't imagine doing that on a children's level.

It's pretty brutal. But we keep all that stuff away from the kids. We'd never say anything less than positive with kids actually in the room. These are all conversations well after the kids and their parents have gone.

Jado

Banned
My thoughts exactly. I've worked for 2 fashion heavy publications here in Toronto and I've never once thought "man Kate Upton's runway walk is awful".

Her walk really is awful and Pristine_Condition pretty much nailed it in his insightful post on why Kate is... unusual.

wenis

Registered for GAF on September 11, 2001.
b6eej4.jpg

UemPZtx.png

DominoKid

Who knew gamers would be experts as to the proper way models should walk? I consider myself educated.

My thoughts exactly. I've worked for 2 fashion heavy publications here in Toronto and I've never once thought "man Kate Upton's runway walk is awful".

you don't have to be an expert to know that her walk isnt hitting. at least it wasn't then. like i said, maybe she's gotten better since.

I think what the photography guy above is saying is that there's an arbitrary standard of beauty that is the "model look." If you don't look like that then you won't get work (or it'll be tough to get work) in the model industry. Kate Upton doesn't exactly look like that but because of her fame and otherwise natural beauty then Victoria's Secret should get her anyway.

Ashes

Banned
Why would you want Upton there? She takes the headlines whatever she does. You can have a 2m dollor bra there and the media is going to talk about Upton coming on 11th...

botty

Banned
Not that I know anything about fashion, but this is my favorite runway walk

testylocp.gif

Great choice.

If I am not mistaken that's Karlie Kloss. She has a nice walk there, but at last years Victoria's Secret Show she gave one of the strongest walks of her career. She's really developed as a runway model.

cdyhybrid

Great choice.

If I am not mistaken that's Karlie Kloss. She has a nice walk there, but at last years Victoria's Secret Show she gave one of the strongest walks of her career. She's really developed as a runway model.

She's fine. A bit too skinny for my tastes, but I think she's pretty tall, so that contributes to it.

She's no Candice.

Although even Candice is on the verge of being unhealthily skinny.

botty

Banned
She's fine. A bit too skinny for my tastes, but I think she's pretty tall, so that contributes to it.

She's no Candice.

Although even Candice is on the verge of being unhealthily skinny.

oh candice :drool:

I'm a huge fan of Adriana, too.

She's extremely exotic and sexy, and she has these slight buckteeth which gives her this really human-quality. Also, her personality really shines through when she does photoshoots and runway. Love these girls.

cdyhybrid

She's extremely exotic and sexy, and she has these slight buckteeth which gives her this really human-quality. Also, her personality really shines through when she does photoshoots and runway. Love these girls.

Adriana and Alessandra definitely have the most swag. You can practically see it dripping off them when they go down the catwalk.

Candice's eyes just slay me. The most gorgeous eyes I've ever seen. My birthday is pretty much always within a day or two of the VS Fashion Show, makes for a nice present :p

botty

Banned
Adriana and Alessandra definitely have the most swag. You can practically see it dripping off them when they go down the catwalk.

Candice's eyes just slay me. The most gorgeous eyes I've ever seen. My birthday is pretty much always within a day or two of the VS Fashion Show, makes for a nice present :p

Yep! Adriana and Alessandra are pretty much the new Heidi and Tyra. Candice has a sorta Michelle Pheifer thing going on with her eyes; they're beautiful *.*

Can't wait for this years show. Aside from Justin Beiber last year, the show was really good.

DominoKid

Yep! Adriana and Alessandra are pretty much the new Heidi and Tyra. Candice has a sorta Michelle Pheifer thing going on with her eyes; they're beautiful *.*

Can't wait for this years show. Aside from Justin Beiber last year, the show was really good.

i always hated that our local CBS affiliate doesn't show the VS show. something about decency standards lol. they always show some 30 year old movie nobody gives a damn about.

TBH, her hips and ass arent flawless, but her face and boobies pretty much are IMO.
She would be great in Playboy but she makes way too much money nowadays to even consider it, I imagine.

kate-upton-1505104864.jpg

021013-kate-upton-SI-cover.jpg

13_kate-upton_09.jpg

Jokab

Love both your picks, but Miranda Kerr is where it's a IMO.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom