• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kerry Stands by Vote Authorizing Force in Iraq

Status
Not open for further replies.

AirBrian

Kerry Stands by Vote Authorizing Force

By DAVID ESPO, AP Special Correspondent

GRAND CANYON, Ariz. - Responding to President Bush's question with several of his own, Sen. John Kerry said Monday he would have voted to authorize the war in Iraq knowing what he does now, but said he would have used the power more effectively than the current commander in chief.

The Democratic presidential nominee said he hoped to begin reducing the number of U.S. forces in Iraq within six months of talking office if he is elected. "It is an appropriate goal to have," he said, but added that achieving it would depend on broader international assistance, better stability within Iraq and other related factors.
Full article here:

http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&u=/ap/20040809/ap_on_el_pr/kerry&cid=694&ncid=2043

ManaByte

Gold Member
They call him Flipper, Flipper, faster than lightning,
No-one you see, is smarter than he,
And we know Flipper, lives in a world full of wonder,
Flying there-under, under the sea!

Everyone loves the king of the sea,
Ever so kind and gentle is he,
Tricks he will do when children appear,
And how they laugh when he's near!

They call him Flipper, Flipper, faster than lightning,
No-one you see, is smarter than he,
And we know Flipper, lives in a world full of wonder,
Flying there-under, under the sea!

xsarien

daedsiluap
The issue was always with the timing. The slim difference between them is that Kerry would've let the UN finish their job.

Malakhov

Banned
flipper.jpg

drohne

hyperbolically metafictive
seems like he's taking the votes of liberals for granted and shill, shill, shilling away for the centrists.

well i'm voting for him anyway. though it's increasingly unclear why.

IJoel

The battle for the lesser of the two evils.

Obviously Kerry wins this one and so he gets my vote. I have absolutely no intention of voting for Bush in order to have him try to rewrite the constitution with paragraphs from the bible.

Belfast

I heard he said he "might have" that that he "would have." Just goes to show how easily shit can get mixed up.

hooo

boooy
IJoel said:
I have absolutely no intention of voting for Bush in order to have him try to rewrite the constitution with paragraphs from the bible.

It's absolutely amazing the powers the president has. If you ever get to see the actual constitutional document, be sure to check out the crayon scribbles on there from past and current presidents. It's a good thing that the power to rewrite our laws is left in the hands of the president and not those pesky legislative and judicial branches.

xsarien

daedsiluap
drohne said:
seems like he's taking the votes of liberals for granted and shill, shill, shilling away for the centrists.

If you're running for President, you kind of HAVE to be centrist. The most powerful states are pretty much a nice mix of overly conservative or overly liberal. The best you can ever hope for in a President is largely a centrist outlook, with either liberal or conservative leanings. It's why Nader will never, ever win.

If you want real, effective change, that's what the Congress is for. Installing more partisan politicians at the local level is a little easier.

IJoel

hooo said:
It's absolutely amazing the powers the president has. If you ever get to see the actual constitutional document, be sure to check out the crayon scribbles on there from past and current presidents. It's a good thing that the power to rewrite our laws is left in the hands of the president and not those pesky legislative and judicial branches.

You know precisely what I mean.

:rolleyes

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom