• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

KFC's next national rollout: Georgia Gold Chicken to launch January 29

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zackat

Pickles with chicken is good shit. Especially a chick fil a sandwich.

My KFC sucks so I probably won't try this.

jstevenson

Sailor Stevenson
the Nashville chicken, for KFC, was solid.

In comparison to real Nashville chicken? Hell no. It's not even close.

Oblivion

Fetishing muscular manly men in skintight hosery
Damn XiaNaphryz, you subscribed to a KFC newsfeed or something? Haha

This new chicken looks good, but I've never been a huge fan of honey mustard. Really liked the Nashville chicken though, so I'm willing to give it a shot.

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
Are there any reviews for this?

There's an older review when this was still in testing here:

http://www.businessinsider.com/kfcs-georgia-gold-honey-mustard-bbq-review-2016-7

KFC's Georgia Gold chicken is tangy and packs a flavorful punch, drawing from barbecue traditions of Georgia and parts of South Carolina.

It's a flavor that's familiar to anyone who has dipped fried chicken in honey-mustard sauce. However, the chain doesn't over-do the flavor, with more muted honey sweetness than aggressive mustard flavoring. Georgia Gold is an ideal flavor combination for customers who enjoy the slight sweetness of the chain's Nashville Hot Chicken, but aren't fans of spice.

You can probably browse through Youtube for a video review from one of the test locations.

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.
The reality is that they probably wanted something they could trademark. As it stands, anyone can do Nashville Hot chicken.

The KFC's around here have had this for a few months now. Georgia Gold is defintely good. Same texture and basic idea as the Nashville Hot (down to the pickles) but a tangy honey mustard instead of hot sauce.

Still super greasy, but that doesn't mean they don't taste good. If I had to choose between the two I'd still go with Nashville.

New002

The KFC's around here have had this for a few months now. Georgia Gold is defintely good. Same texture and basic idea as the Nashville Hot (down to the pickles) but a tangy honey mustard instead of hot sauce.

Still super greasy, but that doesn't mean they don't taste good. If I had to choose between the two I'd still go with Nashville.

Pretty much echo this. It's definitely tasty, but if I had to pick between the two I'd stick with Hot. Worth trying for sure.

Popeye's dicked me by dropping those Chicken & Waffle Tenders.
KFC just dicked me by dropping Nashville Hot.

When will the pain end?

I ordered both the Nashville Hot Chicken and the Georgia Gold Chicken today. They're fine, but I ate both so I might die after I post this.

Here's a tip before I perish: mix the leftover sauce/grease with the coleslaw. It's good.

Finally had this today, and was supremely underwhelmed. Nashville Hot Chicken was much better, and I'm glad my KFC is still selling that, too.

Kusagari

I liked it but the same problem as with the Nashville hot.

It's just way too greasy. I kind of feel like shit after eating it.

I ordered both the Nashville Hot Chicken and the Georgia Gold Chicken today. They're fine, but I ate both so I might die after I post this.

Here's a tip before I perish: mix the leftover sauce/grease with the coleslaw. It's good.

Another pro tip: use honey on the nashville for a sweet and smoky taste. It really compliments it.

I haven't tried the Georgia Gold but I will probably tomorrow.

EDIT: so basically they just put the oil/sauce over the regular chicken like with the Nashville?

Oni Jazar

Just wanted to say that I tried this (strips style) and really liked it. More than the Nashville hot variant. Yes it's super greasy so go gently but I like the crisp and sauce.

akira28

can this chicken roll back out again, like out to sea, never to return?

georgia gold is trash. just give me that lemon pepper wet.

Had some the other day. Was better than I expected since Im not big on sweet chicken. Honey flavor was distinct but not overpowering. Still vastly prefer the nashville hot.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom