• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Killzone: Mercenary |OT| No allegiance, no honour, only money

I Wanna Be The Guy

U-S-A! U-S-A! U-S-A!
I need serious help with the first precision contract. I have no idea how to rescue all of the hostages. I know where the two near the start are in the section where you plant a bomb on the glass that has a bad guy behind it. I also know where another two are later on in the stage where you press buttons to open doors to free them. But I can't find a 5th and when I walk in to the room with people getting interrogated behind glass I automatically fail the mission. I've looked around to see if there's another way round to go to maybe rescue someone behind the glass before they're executed but I can't find anything.

So yeah, how do you get to rescue a 5th hostage in this stage? A sceenshot of where to go would be super helpful if possible.

omg_mjd

Any tips for the Precision Contract in the first mission? I make it up to the part with the tank but I keep running out of time.

H1PSTER

I've preordered a PS4 but I'm not 100% on this game.

I fear it'll be a yearly release, if you can prove me wrong I'll possibly end up buying it as it looks fantastic so far.

I've preordered a PS4 but I'm not 100% on this game.

I fear it'll be a yearly release, if you can prove me wrong I'll possibly end up buying it as it looks fantastic so far.

this has nothing to do with a PS4 though? :D Killzone hasn't really established itself as a yearly iteration kind of game.

I'm hoping they patch it to get rid of all touch screen functions for the VitaTV.

omg_mjd

I need serious help with the first precision contract. I have no idea how to rescue all of the hostages. I know where the two near the start are in the section where you plant a bomb on the glass that has a bad guy behind it. I also know where another two are later on in the stage where you press buttons to open doors to free them. But I can't find a 5th and when I walk in to the room with people getting interrogated behind glass I automatically fail the mission. I've looked around to see if there's another way round to go to maybe rescue someone behind the glass before they're executed but I can't find anything.

So yeah, how do you get to rescue a 5th hostage in this stage? A sceenshot of where to go would be super helpful if possible.

sorry on my phone atm so can't do a screenshot but after you rappel turn left and go through the door and down the stairs. He's being interrogated in one of the rooms.

RoeBear

Any tips for the Precision Contract in the first mission? I make it up to the part with the tank but I keep running out of time.

I'd say ghost through a section instead of fighting the enemies try and be stealthy. If you get the headshot 25 enemies switch weapons to one you're more familiar with. Also after you get the headshot on the tank gunner blow up the tank with a rocket launcher or skyfury. If none of the above work for you just do it on an easier difficulty I guess.

H1PSTER

This is destiny telling you to get a Vita with this game! :p

I would be lying if I said I wasn't attracted to the thought of owning a Vita. When I get my Ps4 I'll think about it some more, It's just with the release of a new console I find it hard to make excuses to get a second hand-held too.

omg_mjd

I'd say ghost through a section instead of fighting the enemies try and be stealthy. If you get the headshot 25 enemies switch weapons to one you're more familiar with. Also after you get the headshot on the tank gunner blow up the tank with a rocket launcher or skyfury. If none of the above work for you just do it on an easier difficulty I guess.

Great, thanks! I'm an idiot..never thought of switching out the smg after getting 25 headshots.

Vlodril

I would be lying if I said I wasn't attracted to the thought of owning a Vita. When I get my Ps4 I'll think about it some more, It's just with the release of a new console I find it hard to make excuses to get a second hand-held too.

Haha i can see that. As far as ps4's killzone i seriously doubt it they ll go annual with it. Does sony has any game that isn't a sport game that is annual?

btkadams

i've been really enjoying the game so far. multiplayer is good fun. have they said anything about dlc or future patches with new multiplayer modes?

what does levelling up do, besides unlocking new loadouts? when playing multiplayer, is purchasing stuff from the store the only reward?

No Love

Banned
So hooked on this game that I wanted more, so to compliment the experience I went to Lamestop and picked up Killzone 2. They had a mint copy for $3 and some change! Score. Love KZ2 so, so much, plus I've only played a bit of the campaign. Total treat and Mercenary stacks up well against it.

All this is doing is increasing my hype for Shadow Fall.

MDSLKTR

Gold Member
So did anyone made a case for Boris being the best character in all the killzone universe?

killzone_ngp-2263053.jpg

Story spoilers:
so sad to see him let go on the same mission he's introduced :(

So did anyone made a case for Boris being the best character in all the killzone universe?

killzone_ngp-2263053.jpg

Story spoilers:
so sad to see him let go on the same mission he's introduced :(

He's this perfect combination of badass and honorable
so of course he has to die in 10 minutes while fucking Rico lives well past this war and dies of old age.

Triz

A week out and I still have fucktards killing guys while im trying to interrogate them. I wish there was voice communication instead of firing 4 rounds into a teamate hoping they get a damn clue.

Boris is fantastic and is precisely the attitude the series needs. Wonder if GG Cambridge being based in, well, Cambridge helped in that.

Binabik15

I would totally buy a game about Boris, his big gun and lots of Helghast unworthy of their uniforms and yellow as piss Vektans to use for target practice.

You never see him die when he stays back to cover the elevator, yes? Then it's canon that he climbed out of the rubble of a bombed and burned embassy, stood tall in the ruin, took his helm off and spat "That's all you got?", dammit.

Finished the game last night. There are few things more satisfying than gyro-aiming for a headshot, though I wish the gyro stuff was more responsive than it is. Feels good, man.

This makes me way more excited for Shadow Fall. After the complete shitshow that was Killzone 3, Mercenary felt much more grounded despite a lot of elements that you would think would make it the opposite (
vaguely whiny small child, hookerarms dealer with a heart of gold sorta, equally matched genocidal maniacs
). I especially liked how they didn't bro up the whole thing with hoorah military theatrics (or Rico and Sev driving a jeep over a cliff with explosions). Instead GG took the "war is hell and everyone is complicit" approach, which sits much better with me. Sounds like Shadow Fall might do the same, so I'm all in.

nampad

Anyone here not using gyro?
Im not and im happy with the controls, does gyro give a significant advantage?

I tried the gyro in MP and didn't like it at all. Was playing significantly worse with it and it even took some time going back to analog sticks only because I still flailed around in every infight at first.

jack..

Banned
I finished the campaign today. It was awesome all the way through but I really wish there were more to it. My play time was 3:38. Way too short. I think I will be playing the multiplayer for a long time, though. I'm having a blast with this game.

Are there any servers near Southeast Asia?

Living in SEA here, using my US account on my vita. Works fine here. Server wise? No clue.

Visit a weapon locker and it checkpoints. Just be careful, sometimes it can screw up a whole mission if you do it under heavy fire.

FTFY. Pretty sure it doesnt save at checkpoints though. Probably on purpose by GC. I assume they wanted to extend the somewhat short SP and make it bit more tougher. Sucks but understandable.

Oni Jazar

Played 3 matches online and had a blast. Such a fun game! I stuck to deathmatch and team deathmatch because I think most of the players are still not smart enough to pick up on the objectives.

I've been enjoying the singleplayer a lot as well. It's easier to follow than the other KZ games for me with better characters. Also so far the level variety has been great. (I'm on mission 3). The way they incorporate gameplay with cinematic events seamlessly is unbelievable.

WTF is up with reviews saying that the game is "just another fps"? How many FPS games go the merc route, combining your resources from singleplayer & multiplayer to purchase weapons and upgrades? How many FPS have repeatable missions with different objectives? How many can you play at work? It's surprising how harsh some critics have been. I think the team did an awesome job and I wish them a ton of success!

WTF is up with reviews saying that the game is "just another fps"? How many FPS games go the merc route, combining your resources from singleplayer & multiplayer to purchase weapons and upgrades? How many FPS have repeatable missions with different objectives? How many can you play at work? It's surprising how harsh some critics have been. I think the team did an awesome job and I wish them a ton of success!

This is how I feel about the multi-objective MP in Killzone (and Resistance, I think). I don't think I've ever heard much critical praise for the Warzone mode, but it's easily my favourite MP innovation in recent years.

Top Bottom