• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kingdom Hearts Community Thread: Now everybody can be a Keyblade Wielder!

What about we make some kind of contest to guess the world that will be revealed next month?

I'm going with Frozen.
Star Wars and Marvel stuff, if it's coming, would likely be announced later on in the game's PR cycle. But I could see a Pixar world (The Incredibles?) getting announced. Sword in the Stone's not an impossible bet either, given that Merlin is involved in the Lea/Kairi stuff. I also think a Lilo and Stitch world is incredibly likely for KH3.
Better contest would be what announced world would be a TOTAL DISAPPOINTMENT.

My vote's on 101 Dalmatians.
Wonderland coming back would probably bum me out.
Equally good contest!

I. Don't. Want. To. Visit. Agrabah. Again.

If it's that, I'll go nutty

Agrabah's cool if they do Aladdin and the King of Thieves (low key best Aladdin film) and if the world itself has lots of vertical exploration like in KH1.

Zaverious

So do y'all think that silhouette of Sora at the end of the orchestra trailer is a hint? If so, I'm thinking Atlantis or Treasure Planet. Hoping for Atlantis.

Agrabah's cool if they do Aladdin and the King of Thieves (low key best Aladdin film) and if the world itself has lots of vertical exploration like in KH1.

I've personally never been big on Agrabah, but if they did a KoT story, so that we don't have a crappy Jafar fight at the end, then I'd be okay with that.

To be fair, Agrabah was a better world than Monstro, Deep Jungle, and Wonderland, so it's not the worst one to have back

Psxphile

I just want 10 seconds of Kairi gameplay. That's all I want from the trailer.

KAIRI: "This is it, Kairi. Time to show everyone that I can fight t...
LEA: "HEY EVERYONE IT'S ME LEA, THE NAME'S LEA THAT'S RIGHT THE FORMER AXEL NOW LEA GOT IT MEMORIZED? HA HA HA, YEAH, IT'S YOUR BOI COMING TO SAVE THE DAY AGAIN. I PROMISED I WOULD RIGHT, AND I ALWAYS KEEP MY PROMISES. EH? WHAT'S THAT FACE FOR KAIRI? DON'T FRET, AXEL I MEAN LEA IS HERE WITH MY FANCY NEW KEYBLADE IN HAND TO SAVE THE DAY. HI I'M LEA EVERYONE HOW YA DOIN'? ALL RIGHT, WHERE ALL THE 'NORTS AT?"

Psxphile

*KH3 trailer*
*Scrooge McDuck is on-screen*
*he's wearing the Red Frock*

mDUURFv.gif

Village

New world is gonna be Goofy Movie.

I want adult max in KH so bad. And I want them to surprised how un goofy he is like a person, also that goofy procreated. And I want him to be a super cool dude, who fights cool and is like a warrior or whatever because in KH land they exist in a kingdom and not like the real life emulation that goof troop, and subsequent movies exist in. And he's super cool, and they are confused as to how goofy spawned that.

StoneFox

I want adult max in KH so bad. And I want them to surprised how un goofy he is like a person, also that goofy procreated. And I want him to be a super cool dude, who fights cool and is like a warrior or whatever because in KH land they exist in a kingdom and not like the real life emulation that goof troop, and subsequent movies exist in. And he's super cool, and they are confused as to how goofy spawned that.

Kinda reminds me of

954473ca10182950928ea2c18b65c2f0.jpg

iosefe

I hope Max isn't KH canon otherwise Goofy is a terrible father going on adventures sometimes away for upward of a year or so without wondering how his son is. Who is taking care of him?

Village

I hope Max isn't KH canon otherwise Goofy is a terrible father going on adventures sometimes away for upward of a year or so without wondering how his son is. Who is taking care of him?

That's why I said adult max, if its adult max, KH could just take place after he had his kid and he grew up.

Goofy could just be a bit older than mickey and donald, who are already much older than sora and riku.

To be fair... The parenting bar wasn't set very high already in KH1.

**Dark storm builds over the Destiny Islands**

Sora's mom: (thinking) Oh my, I don't think I've ever seen a storm get quite this bad... Sora's out there somewhere, too... I need to do everything in my power as his mother to make sure that he is here and safe, and doesn't get pulled into that storm!!

Sora's mom: (opens front door) SORA!!!

... [no response is heard]

Sora's mom: (thinking) Well, shit, I tried.

Frozen should just be an optional musical world like Atlantica in KH2. So that I can skip it without consequence on the first playthrough.

Gotta have a Jecht boss fight somehow.

A fleshed out Destiny Islands would probably just turn into a renamed Besaid. (Which is fine)
Also, adult Max seems to be the norm these days in Disney canon anyway. He could be a knight in training, and outwardly way more competent then his dad. Even if he were just Riku's age, that would work out.

Hello I can't believe I've never posted in this thread

If there is one thing that is encouraging about 0.2 Pro support it's that it focuses on framerate rather than resolution (as unstable as it was). Scorpio (whatever, the new name is stupid) should run KH3 at fixed 60 if their focus doesn't change.

Psxphile

Me and my friend joke that he's the mayor of Destiny Islands. I don't know which of us thought of it, but it's our favorite headcanon.

That would make him Kairi's caretaker and Tidus her step-sibling. That would be kinda weird.

"Tida-oniichan...~"

...nnnnnnnope.

Yeah, especially since learning that Xehanort grew up there I've wanted to know more about the main residential area of Destiny Islands.

No doubt we'll get much more of his backstory in KH3.

...or a Xehanort-centric prequel game.

Kakaroach

I don't buy any games on release, but KH3 will be bought on release day for more. Hell, I dunno if I even wanna know all the worlds before I play the game.

Zaverious

I don't buy any games on release, but KH3 will be bought on release day for more. Hell, I dunno if I even wanna know all the worlds before I play the game.
I'm gonna try to go on a story blackout for KH3. I pretty much spoiled myself on every KH game after 2 and I don't want to do that again.

At this point in the series, you pretty much know what you're getting with KH3, so if you like the series, even after the decade of side stories, then 3 should be an easy choice :]

The hope now is whether it'll surpass 2 and become the best game in the series

Ydelnae

Everyone Hates on Agrabah but gives Olympus which has been in more games a free pass.

Olympus is actually fun and the Underworld in KH2 helped reduce the fatigue. You don't usually spend too much time in it in the other games, unlike Agrabah.

If we are talking fatigue, I personally do not want to revisit anything Peter Pan, Pinocchio, Alice in Wonderland or Nightmare Before Christmas related ever again. Actually, the only returning Disney worlds I'm looking forward in KH3 are Pride Lands, Atlantica, and if the plot weren't complete, Beast's Castle/Land of Dragons. Everything else can go and I would not miss them.

Neverland is definately one I would not want to return to. There is just nothing to the characters in there. Agrabah at least has a bunch of stuff yet to be used from the third movie ect. and the world is a natural fit for KH style action adventure.

I very much doubt Atlantica returns, it's totally exhausted at this point I feel.

POTC is my most wanted returning world since there is so much from the sequel movies you can use and it's a very flexible universe to use. Also like Agrabah it's a natural fit for action adventure.

Wonderland I think could be a really cool world with PS4 tech to revisit but I dunno what you would do with it when it comes to characters.

Ydelnae

Oh, yeah, I do not want Pirates of the Caribbean to return. Not because I disliked the world in KH2 or think that realistic artsyles should not return to KH, but because the movies bore me to death. The pirate/ocean theme would be better represented with Pirate Planet, Moana or Atlantis, in my opinion. And I rather have a realistic Star Wars world than POTC lol

In terms of artstyles, I loved Timeless River and I think they should bring back a retro Disney short and turn it into a world. Maybe from the Boat Builders era, so this time we get some color too.

shmoglish

I have missed a few entrys and forgot some planets, but was there ever Duckburg (afaik thats the english name)? At least the Beagle Boys were in one of the handheld Khs.

I have missed a few entrys and forgot some planets, but was there ever Duckburg (afaik thats the english name)? At least the Beagle Boys were in one of the handheld Khs.

No, Scrooge and Donald are from Disney Castle in ''KH Lore'' so it would be a hard world to implement. The Beagle Boys appeared in Three Musketeers world in KH3D.

Joqu

^ Yeah... just retcon that stuff, I hate having Disney content be limited by "lore" reasons like that. Have the ducks be from Duckburg back when the worlds were one or something, I dunno if that works but I'm sure they could think of something.

Everyone Hates on Agrabah but gives Olympus which has been in more games a free pass.

I hate on Olympus too. Underworld in KH2 was cool though, I just need more fresh environments like that. Like, the actual movie Hercules world is really cool. It being limited to Olympus is not.

So Agrabah with Aladdin 3 content would be fine. King of Thieves was good.

Malyse

You monster!!! Wait goofy is in kingdom hearts? I can't believe you'd spoil that

I mean, seriously. People have had more than a decade to play this game and the character has been in multiple sequels. Plus the only thing surprising was that Disney allowed it to happen, there was no chance of Goofy being actually dead. Spoiler culture is something else.

[chi] update:
Nomura
is the traitor.

I mean, seriously. People have had more than a decade to play this game and the character has been in multiple sequels. Plus the only thing surprising was that Disney allowed it to happen, there was no chance of Goofy being actually dead. Spoiler culture is something else.

[chi] update:
Nomura
is the traitor.
Not to mention he's dead for all of what two minutes of gameplay and his ass comes in running in for a reunion that holds no impact and never gets mentioned again

Parents have stopped existing in this series.

Honestly, given that Xehanort and Riku are both white-haired dudes from Destiny Islands who got antsy about leaving, I wouldn't be wildly surprised if KH3 reveals that they're extended relatives or something. Wouldn't find that revelation particularly meaningful or good but it feels like something they'd do.

Famassu

Honestly, given that Xehanort and Riku are both white-haired dudes from Destiny Islands who got antsy about leaving, I wouldn't be wildly surprised if KH3 reveals that they're extended relatives or something. Wouldn't find that revelation particularly meaningful or good but it feels like something they'd do.
Relatives/Family altogether doen't really matter in KH as much as "connections of hearts" and all that babble, so if anything Ansem/Xemnas/Master Xehanort will continue trying to play the "you are just like us, not satisfied with what the light side has to offer" type tempting him to the dark side rather than have a "Riku, I am your (great grand) father" type of reveal.

Top Bottom